Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 16, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #4,141 of 6,460
Lastly, I will complete <...> a review of S3- 8 wires, S3- 12 wires , dhc prion 4, Vertere HB double run and Jps superconductor( demo that has returned to the dealer)
I hope this help to introduce more about norne audio to others as well I will post it to the susvara and abyss thread. My review won’t be very detail and in good vocabulary, but I hope it will help.

Thank you

Sorry if I missed, have you done this comparison already? I'm really looking forward reading it.
Now Im owning DHC Peptide Extreme, and Im super excited about this cable, but I believe, that the discussed cables my outperform my DHC PE. And this comparison will greatly help me with the choice since it will literally review all the cables I'm interested in (probably, except the Dana top cable, but there are many comparisons of it with Prion 4 in the threads, unlike 4 vs 8 vs 12 wires S3 vs Prion 4).

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #4,142 of 6,460
Sorry if I missed, have you done this comparison already? I'm really looking forward reading it.
Now Im owning DHC Peptide Extreme, and Im super excited about this cable, but I believe, that the discussed cables my outperform my DHC PE. And this comparison will greatly help me with the choice since it will literally review all the cables I'm interested in (probably, except the Dana top cable, but there are many comparisons of it with Prion 4 in the threads, unlike 4 vs 8 vs 12 wires S3 vs Prion 4).
My prion 4 is not in abyss plug which is hard to compare
And s3-8 has not arrived yet so I don’t know

I owned dhc prion 4 but I sold it afterwards and changed to Vertere Hb double run

Comparing prion 4 with Vertere Hb, Vertere has better quality in bass and mid is sweeter with a little warmer sound than prion 4, you can see prion 4 as a good balance cable with less character. Soundstage of Vertere is better and micro dynamic and details are more with Vertere as well

afterward I got s3-4 and s3-12 and of course... s3-12 has a lot more details and it’s in the same level of prion 4 and Vertere.
Comparing with prion 4 in my memories, I think s3-12 has a bit darker high, more rounded mid, bass is not good as Vertere but quantity is a bit more

S3-12 has a very high level of details but it presents in a relax way, mid is more gentle than prion 4. I would say Trevor’s s3-12 is more refined in my opinion. However it’s not a ab comparison so I can’t say

base on what I have, I think Vertere is better than prion4 and s3-12 achieve the similar performance of Vertere in quality side.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #4,143 of 6,460
base on what I have, I think Vertere is better than prion4 and s3-12 archive the similar performance of Vertere in quality side.

Many thanks!

Dec 21, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #4,144 of 6,460
Got my Draug 3 yesterday. I already had a pretty nice cable that I DIYed with parts I got from Norne, but the paracord scraping against my clothes was interfering with my enjoyment thereof. I thought I’d be able to get something less stethoscopic, and better looking.

But it’s just a lot better. Looks killer, sounds great, and seems extremely durable.

Dec 21, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #4,145 of 6,460
Got my Draug 3 yesterday. I already had a pretty nice cable that I DIYed with parts I got from Norne, but the paracord scraping against my clothes was interfering with my enjoyment thereof. I thought I’d be able to get something less stethoscopic, and better looking.

But it’s just a lot better. Looks killer, sounds great, and seems extremely durable.
Congrats! That is my favorite cable. What headphone are you using it with? I really think the Draug 3 is the sexiest looking cable out there, and sounds as good as it looks. I have 1 on my Aeolus and 1 on my Ori, and they jive very well, with the ZMF house sound.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #4,146 of 6,460
Congrats! That is my favorite cable. What headphone are you using it with? I really think the Draug 3 is the sexiest looking cable out there, and sounds as good as it looks. I have 1 on my Aeolus and 1 on my Ori, and they jive very well, with the ZMF house sound.

I’m using it with the Ether C Flow. I got a monochrome black/grey color scheme to go with the carbon fiber cups. I’ll post some pictures later; it looks dope AF. I also love the texture of the braid to fidget with. Love everything about it, really.

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #4,147 of 6,460
Pics, so I know it happened:

Aeon Flow Closed - 1.jpeg

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #4,148 of 6,460
Not really sure what Trevor's calling this one, but I got it a month or 2 ago and forgot to post a pic of it. Truly beautiful to look at and sounds great while possessing a flexibility that makes absolutely not sense haha. I think I may need to get a Draug 3 at some point as well though. This one is pure silver and I'd like to be able to compare it to a nice high quality copper cable.
20191218_222700.jpg NORNE CABLE.png
Just in case anyone wondered, that is the first CD or physical piece of music I have purchased in at least 10 years. Tom Macdonald is the artist and that album is called Deathreats. If your into hip hop/rap you should check him out.

The 2nd pic is the one Trevor took to send me. As you can see he is far better at taking pictures of his works of art than I.

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #4,150 of 6,460
Thanks kind sir. If you like Christmas music I would say your pass is likely a solid idea haha.

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #4,152 of 6,460
Haha any time my friend.

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #4,153 of 6,460
Not really sure what Trevor's calling this one, but I got it a month or 2 ago and forgot to post a pic of it. Truly beautiful to look at and sounds great while possessing a flexibility that makes absolutely not sense haha. I think I may need to get a Draug 3 at some point as well though. This one is pure silver and I'd like to be able to compare it to a nice high quality copper cable.

Just in case anyone wondered, that is the first CD or physical piece of music I have purchased in at least 10 years. Tom Macdonald is the artist and that album is called Deathreats. If your into hip hop/rap you should check him out.

The 2nd pic is the one Trevor took to send me. As you can see he is far better at taking pictures of his works of art than I.
Wow! I prefer cables without sleeving, but man that looks awesome! I would love to know the name and how it compares to his other cables.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #4,155 of 6,460
Anyone try Therium 2? I'm very interested but couldn't find any review for it

I did receive a cable from Trevor a couple of months back, he said it’s a new silver cable but he didn’t mention the name. I suspect it is the Therium 2. If yes, the sound character is more refined and smooth than Therium. Notes are more focused, but it is definitely warmer than the original Therium, to a point where my PP8VS and Tia Trio sound more analog than they were before. Perhaps due to a more pronounced sub-bass and bass impact (speed is definitely improved). It’s definitely a unique sounding silver cable, perhaps the warmest silver cable I’ve ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back