Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 27, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #3,046 of 6,511
Ugh you guys need to stop talking about how much of an upgrade the Draug series cables are for the HD 800. It's already enough pain having to wait for my incoming Draug V3 for my HD 800!!! - Kidding of course :)

But seriously I can't wait to listen to it, will be sure to take some pictures when I get it. Some sound impressions as well! :beerchug:

I think you'll be happy with it. I have the Draug V3 on my Ether Flow, and it works really well for it.

Jan 28, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #3,047 of 6,511
Received my Draug Silver in a 3.5 feet length for my Focal Utopia/iBasso DX200 combo last friday. Right out the box, the word Smooooooth jumped at me. Silky tone with open, detailed and weighty sound. Absolutely thrilled with early synergy impressions. So much in fact that I am juggling with the possibility of buying a 9 feet cable for my balanced home set up. And I currently use an expensive 21 AWG 8 conductors OCC silver cable.

Oh, of course the cable look absolutely stunning with incredible craftsmanship. Super flexible too for a 20 AWG cable.

Simply fantastic sounding and looking cable IMHO.

Jan 29, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #3,048 of 6,511
Received my Draug Silver in a 3.5 feet length for my Focal Utopia/iBasso DX200 combo last friday. Right out the box, the word Smooooooth jumped at me. Silky tone with open, detailed and weighty sound. Absolutely thrilled with early synergy impressions. So much in fact that I am juggling with the possibility of buying a 9 feet cable for my balanced home set up. And I currently use an expensive 21 AWG 8 conductors OCC silver cable.

Oh, of course the cable look absolutely stunning with incredible craftsmanship. Super flexible too for a 20 AWG cable.

Well that is good to hear. Congrats!

I actually haven’t listened to my Utopia in like three weeks just because I can’t stand the heavy stock cable’s ergonomics any longer. I also ordered the Draug Silver but know it will come in due time.

Smooth is an adjective I have read from multiple sources regarding this cable’s sonic properties.

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #3,049 of 6,511

Great to hear and congrats! I am about to order the same cable in a few days for my 1Z. What type of splitter did you choose? I am thinking about #12 Beadblast Aluminum with Recess Logo. Wonder if it match well with the silver cable.

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #3,050 of 6,511

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #3,051 of 6,511
Great to hear and congrats! I am about to order the same cable in a few days for my 1Z. What type of splitter did you choose? I am thinking about #12 Beadblast Aluminum with Recess Logo. Wonder if it match well with the silver cable.

I choose the Black splitter with carbon fiber inlay. It make a really beautiful contrast with the silver cable. And the match is quite good with the Utopia.

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #3,052 of 6,511
I choose the Black splitter with carbon fiber inlay. It make a really beautiful contrast with the silver cable. And the match is quite good with the Utopia.

I almost got that one but opted for 7.

Care to share a photo? I am really curious how the splitter looks on this cable.

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #3,053 of 6,511
IMG_1570.JPG
I almost got that one but opted for 7.

Care to share a photo? I am really curious how the splitter looks on this cable.

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #3,054 of 6,511
I am envious of those who have gotten their cables/connectors fast. I ordered my Therium iem cable during Black Friday sale last year and a couple of connectors even earlier and I have yet to receive them. I wonder if the wait is normal and if anyone is in the same shoes as me.
To update: I have received my iem cable and connectors yesterday in excellent condition and quality. Thanks Trevor!

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #3,057 of 6,511
789648E0-7700-4DE7-AFBA-8C20C922A0AB.jpeg
BE2E07A6-4AC0-41E5-849B-0E193B77620A.jpeg
CA27BC0B-6F6F-40DE-A118-9156623556A5.jpeg
Yesterday I received a Solv X2 (silver/copper mix – new edition of the Solv X) with a brandnew splitter (It is an Eidolic "cage" silver aluminum splitter. This is a splitter due to be released next month) for my LCD3. The Solv X2 will be available soon. It‘s a very clear, open, detailed and fantastic sounding cable. I‘m very happy with it and would recommend it to everyone who‘s looking for a next upgrade.

Thx Trevor!!!

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #3,058 of 6,511
Yesterday I received a Solv X2 (silver/copper mix – new edition of the Solv X) with a brandnew splitter (It is an Eidolic "cage" silver aluminum splitter. This is a splitter due to be released next month) for my LCD3. The Solv X2 will be available soon. It‘s a very clear, open, detailed and fantastic sounding cable. I‘m very happy with it and would recommend it to everyone who‘s looking for a next upgrade.

Thx Trevor!!!

That looks awesome! If you have experience with Trevor's other cables, how would you describe the feel of this splitter in comparison? Just wondering if the triangles would be more comfortable. Thanks!

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #3,059 of 6,511
That looks awesome! If you have experience with Trevor's other cables, how would you describe the feel of this splitter in comparison? Just wondering if the triangles would be more comfortable. Thanks!

I‘ve a Reign and a Sköll with a triangle and this cable with a cage Splitter. Both are comfortable, think it’s more a matter of taste. Trevor is working on a Draug2 for me which I ordered with a wooden triangle. I like both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back