Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 24, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #2,656 of 6,506
It looks like things are very busy.  I came here to get a feel for what the "normal" reponse time is to emails and order processing since several weeks of silence have now passed since I ordered.  I guess I don't have any reason to be worried at this point.

I placed an order for a Solv X because after looking through the website it appeared to be the only copper/silver cable there.  Now I'm seeing people post pictures of the Draug2 in silver which looked like it was an all copper cable according to the website page.  I would rather have had a "naked" cable like the one shown above but again the website shows everything with fabric sleeves and gives you the impression that you have to choose one.  I'm honestly a litlte confused after seeing people talk about Norne cables and configurations that don't seem to appear anywhere on their site.  But, I've liked copper/silver hybrid cables in every application I've tried so far, so I'm reasonably confident that I'll like the Solv X.  I hope so anyway.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #2,657 of 6,506
It looks like things are very busy.  I came here to get a feel for what the "normal" reponse time is to emails and order processing since several weeks of silence have now passed since I ordered.  I guess I don't have any reason to be worried at this point.

I placed an order for a Solv X because after looking through the website it appeared to be the only copper/silver cable there.  Now I'm seeing people post pictures of the Draug2 in silver which looked like it was an all copper cable according to the website page.  I would rather have had a "naked" cable like the one shown above but again the website shows everything with fabric sleeves and gives you the impression that you have to choose one.  I'm honestly a litlte confused after seeing people talk about Norne cables and configurations that don't seem to appear anywhere on their site.  But, I've liked copper/silver hybrid cables in every application I've tried so far, so I'm reasonably confident that I'll like the Solv X.  I hope so anyway.
There's also the arcane for full sized headphones. Rich dynamic sound right across the spectrum.
Great detail from the silver but rich thick bottom end too

I beleive the solv is thinner in sound.

Edit: its a great fun cable as opposed to transparent cable like trevors silver cables. The silver with its detail brings a transparent element and the copper does add colour/thump

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #2,658 of 6,506
I guess I'll find out.  :)

For me basically it was between the Solv and the Draug since that was the price bracket I wanted to be in.  I went with the Solv because it was both silver and copper which is a sound I've liked in the past.  Unless I missed something anyway.  That's why seeing silver Draug cables here threw me for a loop.  The Norne site describes that cable as all copper.

edit:  ah, I see.   The Draug Silver is "coming soon."  Finally saw that in the scrolling ad banner part of the site.  I guess that's why it's not actually listed yet.  Well I'm sure I'll be happy with what I already chose.  Time to patiently wait.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #2,659 of 6,506
I guess I'll find out.  :)

For me basically it was between the Solv and the Draug since that was the price bracket I wanted to be in.  I went with the Solv because it was both silver and copper which is a sound I've liked in the past.  Unless I missed something anyway.  That's why seeing silver Draug cables here threw me for a loop.  The Norne site describes that cable as all copper.

edit:  ah, I see.   The Draug Silver is "coming soon."  Finally saw that in the scrolling ad banner part of the site.  I guess that's why it's not actually listed yet.  Well I'm sure I'll be happy with what I already chose.  Time to patiently wait.
The silver driaug is via email order and his flagship/most expensive cable.

Youve probably gone the right way. And if it doesnt quite work you can come back to tbe copper draug 2. Trevor does have a great return policy when /if needed

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #2,660 of 6,506
I'm so intrigued to try the Norne Draug for my HD800 (Fiio X5 II + Chord Mojo + Liquid Carbon). I've been on the fence for a while but would really like to try one out on my system before I place an order. Someone might be able to help me out in the L.A. area for a quick listen by any chance? I really want to hear this cable on my system before purchasing...

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,661 of 6,506
  I'm so intrigued to try the Norne Draug for my HD800 (Fiio X5 II + Chord Mojo + Liquid Carbon). I've been on the fence for a while but would really like to try one out on my system before I place an order. Someone might be able to help me out in the L.A. area for a quick listen by any chance? I really want to hear this cable on my system before purchasing...

If you are conus, I'll offer you an audition of this cable. PM me. You'll need an adapter to go to 1/8 though. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #2,662 of 6,506
The silver driaug is via email order and his flagship/most expensive cable.

Youve probably gone the right way. And if it doesnt quite work you can come back to tbe copper draug 2. Trevor does have a great return policy when /if needed

When I contacted Trevor about getting THE ultimate cable for my Utopia a few weeks ago, Trevor mentioned that he was actually finalizing the latest version of the Silvergarde for full size headphones. There will be a 4-wire version to start with but Trevor said he had the capability to build a 8-wire version. The latter is what I have ordered and Trevor will custom build one for me. Even sleeve color/pattern can be customized. Details are not yet available on Trevor's website; perhaps I will be the first person to own this cable. I really look forward to trying it out. Will post pic's when I get it.

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #2,663 of 6,506

This past week my reply time has been pretty bad so I do apologize for it.
Again I had to take a couple days off to "de-stress" after working so much and battling the constant pressures of this level of demand. 
While your mind wants to just keep going and working 18+ hour days, sometimes the body does need a break.  But from these couple of days off
it did alter some of my ship estimates for a number of customers. 

I will be working to get all emails answered later today, and getting as many status updates as I can today.  Also all PMs answered.
Of course this weekend I plan to have all tracking numbers updated for those that I mentioned. It is my goal
to get as many of the oldest orders out as is humanly possible (likely working 36 hours this weekend to do so). 

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #2,664 of 6,506
No worries.  I appreciate the update.  I can imagine the pressure it puts on a person to be deluged with requests and messages, especially when behind.  Based on what I've heard the wait will be well worth it and I truly appreciate the hard work you're putting into your craft.

A bit of constructive feedback though:  you might want to tweak your website and automated emails a bit.  When looking at products on the site everything says "in stock" which most people would take to mean is available to ship immediately.  And the auto-generated email which gave me a shipping estimate of Feb. 9 sets an expectation.  I probably wouldn't even have been tapping my foot if I had never gotten that follow-up email with that date on it.  My intial thought was "well, these are custom so it's done when it's done" but receiving that shipping estimate alters that mindset and the expectation.  It sort of gives a new customer who doesn't realize you are a small specialty operation the impression that you have the same kind of fulfillment times as any other online retailer where you just click and your item shows up a few days later.

As Jason at Schiit is always saying, setting the correct initial expectations for the customer can be a big stress reducer in preventing tons of badgering emails and follow-up requests.  :)

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #2,665 of 6,506

I do appreciate the feedback and patience.
At this time the plan has been to simply add a page banner saying cables are 100% hand made with many many custom options per series
and they have wait times. Then it will take you to a page describing waits for the various series and chosen option.  So you can see this before ordering. 
So when the next update goes up (hopefully by end of day today) I will have a page describing wait estimates for the different series.

to: all

I expect to update most of the site end of day today finally along with adding S2, and other items.
Getting all PM replies and emails done over the next couple of hours.

Thanks everyone for the patience. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #2,666 of 6,506

I expect to update most of the site end of day today finally along with adding S2, and other items.
Getting all PM replies and emails done over the next couple of hours.

Thanks everyone for the patience. 

Glad to hear it.  I've been waiting for photos of the S2 for a while.

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #2,667 of 6,506
It is my goal
to get as many of the oldest orders out as is humanly possible (likely working 36 hours this weekend to do so). 

Don't overwork yourself. I'm sure people here wouldn't mind a few day delay in their order or responses.

Speaking of which, do you make Hypershort adapters other than what's listed? I was wondering if a HD800 cable can be made to fit a Hifiman HE-6 connection?

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #2,668 of 6,506
Hey all, 

Does anyone else here experience significant tangling of your Draug cables? I have two and both love twirling around themselves like a double helix. 

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #2,670 of 6,506
  The Silvergarde is definitely stiffer than the Therium being that it's 4x21 gauge. Size wise overall cable diameter is about the same, as you can see from the pictures below. These are shots I took a little while back just screwing around. I left them fairly large so that you can see the detail better. I'd have to revisit A/B'ing the Therium and Silvergarde to provide an accurate comparison. I can only say that the reason for not knowing off the top of my head, is because I always reach for the Silvergarde. 

Hi Kino where did you get those snap enclosures ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back