Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 21, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,321 of 6,459
I'll have the Arcane in a couple of weeks. If someone wants to send me a Solv for Audeze, I'd be happy to compare them.  :)

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,322 of 6,459
When I contacted Trevor to suggest the best cable to the LCD3 he recommended the most transparent cables which are Solv and Arcane. So when he uses the term transparent, I assume that he doesn't agree with the myth of cables and the relation with bass, treble etc.

I am confused! Many head fiiers are talking about cables being affecting the bass..etc while the cables seller is talking about transparency.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,323 of 6,459
I find that the more "transparent" you get, the leaner the sound gets and the tighter the bass gets and after a while you get to a point where it might be considered a bit too thin. 

That's why I like hybrids like the Solve or Arcane. With a bit of copper, you retain most of the musicality and the silver adds more "transparency". The combination gives you the best of both worlds. 

That's my theory based on absolutely nothing but my own subjective experience. You will generally find that good hybrid cables increases clarity, imaging and space. 

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #1,324 of 6,459
When I contacted Trevor to suggest the best cable to the LCD3 he recommended the most transparent cables which are Solv and Arcane. So when he uses the term transparent, it means that he doesn't agree with the myth of cables and the relation with bass, treble etc.

I am confused! Many head fiiers are talking about cables being affecting the bass..etc while the cables seller is talking about transparency.

You should probably ask Trevor himself.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #1,325 of 6,459

YW whirl, glad your enjoying it.  :)

Will have reply for you in email soon, have unfortunately been unable to answer many emails this weekend. 

Glad to hear!

Email is being sent your way soon.

Want to thank everyone for their patience on email replies in the past few days.

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,327 of 6,459
When I contacted Trevor to suggest the best cable to the LCD3 he recommended the most transparent cables which are Solv and Arcane. So when he uses the term transparent, I assume that he doesn't agree with the myth of cables and the relation with bass, treble etc.

Transparency is how clearly you can hear the music. In the best case it's like there's nothing between you and the music at all.

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #1,331 of 6,459
  Does bass sound better through the Draug 2 or the Solv in terms of speed, resolution and impact?

Based on absolutely no experience with the cables themselves (so take what I say with a grain of salt) but only with the materials used, I would expect the Solv to be superior in speed and resolution but I'm unsure on impact. The Solv is unlikely to lack impact but the impact may or may not be as warm and might have a shorter decay. Again, that's based on my experience with cable materials in general not the cables themselves. I'm curious if someone who has actually tried both can provide feedback. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #1,332 of 6,459
Hi, which of the cable should I get for my he560s? I've read reviews for the vanquish cable to pair best with my headphones. However, is vanquish cable is a mix of pure copper as well as silver plated copper?(correct me if I'm wrong) I generally prefer either pure copper/silver or a more of both. Will the pure silver cable(solv) synergies with my phones better? I'm afraid it will make the sound thinner than before even though resolution and soundstage will be improved with silver cables. Thanks in advance!
Royston

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #1,333 of 6,459
Hi, which of the cable should I get for my he560s? I've read reviews for the vanquish cable to pair best with my headphones. However, is vanquish cable is a mix of pure copper as well as silver plated copper?(correct me if I'm wrong) I generally prefer either pure copper/silver or a more of both. Will the pure silver cable(solv) synergies with my phones better? I'm afraid it will make the sound thinner than before even though resolution and soundstage will be improved with silver cables. Thanks in advance!
Royston

The Solv is not pure silver. It's a silver copper hybrid. Not to be confused with spc (silver plated copper). Half the solv cables are pure copper and half are pure silver. I think it will improve your he560. I don't believe the sound will be "thinner" per se. The copper should theoretically keep some of the tonal weight that you might be afraid of losing. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #1,334 of 6,459

Royston

The Solv is not pure silver. It's a silver copper hybrid. Not to be confused with spc (silver plated copper). Half the solv cables are pure copper and half are pure silver. I think it will improve your he560. I don't believe the sound will be "thinner" per se. The copper should theoretically keep some of the tonal weight that you might be afraid of losing. 

Pure silver litz by itself is totally different than silver plated copper (which is associated with a thinner sound).  Quality silver litz retains very good bass response, is very smooth sounding, with a lot of detail, holographic sound, paired with the copper traits in the Solv X, you have a perfect combination of neutral, with bass slam, dynamics and detail like you have never heard.  The Solv X has a much better sound than any other cable you can find, best of both worlds, pure copper and pure silver.  The Norne Solv X will let you know how good your upstream gears perform! 

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #1,335 of 6,459
Royston

The Draug 2 is a fantastic choice, love it on my 560's, or the SolV, Cute and SD really enjoy it, you cannot go wrong with either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back