Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 18, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #1,277 of 6,460

Ahah.....just looked up you profile, we are alike, retired, love Norne Audio cables, Audioquest Diamond USB, all good!  I have Norne Solv X, Norne Draug 2, cables are terminated mini xlr, single end, and my LCD 2F, HE-6 fully modded, and T1 all have mini xlr adaption!  My Norne cables sound fantastic on all three headphones. I got a Metrum Octave MKII, and the sound is so analog.  I use jRiver MC20 with jPlay, and I let jRiver upsample 16/44 flac and Tidal streaming service to 176, the Octave loves hires, and so do the Norne cables, bigger soundstage width and depth, dynamics, natural sound, with all three headphones!

Nice to know. I thought Reddog and I were the only old timers here.

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #1,279 of 6,460

We're all music lovers, age doesn't matter on headfi, I do know a few others that are in the over fifty crowd though!

My feeling about being over 50 is that there's no time to waste. Some people buy sports cars but I want superior audio equipment. That's the only hearing aid I need!

On a more serious note, maybe Trevor will give us some senior discounts??

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #1,280 of 6,460
My feeling about being over 50 is that there's no time to waste. Some people buy sports cars but I want superior audio equipment. That's the only hearing aid I need!

Well said sir.

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,283 of 6,460
  I've ordered the Solv X, too.  Can't wait for it to get here.  

If you shoot me a message with your order number I can check on your estimate or revised estimate and send to your email.

Always have stuff in the testbed! :)

Well if we are slower than our estimated wait we will compensate you in some fashion, so that is one way to get a discount :D

edit:  to those waiting for emails and replies they will all be answered this evening. 
Feel free to bump your email in the inbox anytime as well.

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #1,284 of 6,460
  If you shoot me a message with your order number I can check on your estimate or revised estimate and send to your email.

Thanks!  I'll send you one right now.  

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #1,285 of 6,460
Hi sladewilson411, would you mind to enlighten me where I can find more info for Arcane series, the pure silver one? I can't find it from Norne Audio's website. Thank you.

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=109

It's Audeze and Hifiman only. 

It's a Silver/Copper hybrid litz like the Solv except like a psychotic hardcore version. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #1,286 of 6,460
Awesome sauce @reddog, I had that combo AP/Norne Vanquish a while back....don't get strangled with all that Norne goodness!

To be throttled by such a magnificent cable would be a noble death. Lol.:D

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,287 of 6,460
I am trying to customize a Norne cable for my LCD3. Do you think that it will be better if I go with brown and gold combination to match the LCD? I really love the red and black but I am afraid that this combination don't go well with the LCD. The LCD is brown.
Guys what is the splitter wood colour in the following images 

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #1,288 of 6,460
Hi all, I recently got a gorgeous Vanquish cable and here is my subjective impressions of this cable. Until I can do real, A/ B tests, I can not rule out a placebo effect or I am part of the Emperor select club, and thus see emperor's clothes. Thus this is my subjective impressions. I feel the Vanquish cables, make the bass a bit more detailed and textured. The mids also seem a bit more detailed and vivid, and just a tad more lush. The treble seems spot on, perhaps more detailed. And these changes make the SOUNDSTAGE more vivid and holographic. Thanks for your time
Andrew Reddog Jones

P.s Trevor is a master craftsman and the cables are high quality. It was definitely worth the wait for such hand-crafted cables.:)

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #1,289 of 6,460
  I am trying to customize a Norne cable for my LCD3. Do you think that it will be better if I go with brown and gold combination to match the LCD? I really love the red and black but I am afraid that this combination don't go well with the LCD. The LCD is brown.
Guys what is the splitter wood colour in the following images 

The bottom one looks exactly like the one I got for my HE-400i. Love the color. Picture does not do it justice. The wood splitter is the rosewood with black inset

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #1,290 of 6,460
something odd happened with my LCD3's today - ive had them running in with these cables for about 48 hours non stop, all of a sudden.....the volume level just jumped.

Using the OPPO HA-1, even if i drop the volume to -80dB to leave on overnight, i can hear it from across the room.

I put the headphones on...and now where i used to be on - 10dB to get to the volume i want, now im on -20dB to get the same sound..any reason why this is?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back