Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #977 of 6,459
  i recieved my norne skog 2 weeks ago........i took sometime toying it before posting to make sure i fully feel it the right way :)

My cable is for iem/ciem.........called Skog

First of all,this is not one of the best when it come to finish/look...........BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST (i also had and tried many different cables form different companies)

Ergonomics: top
Tangle Resistance: top
Memory Effect: mine was a pre-bent........it is soft but always in shape........kool
Build Quality: top

To be honest,i was very satisfied with my ciem+stock cable.........so i upgrade cable in purpose to make my combo look better :)).............but i was rewarded by skog's sound quality

The good things about its sound quality are :
1/it maintain the house sound of nt6 pro (which i loved)......no extra db added at all frequencies
2/vocal get even clearer,more details to it
3/.........this is the most changed Skog did to my nt6 pro : the transparency and 3d space are phenomenal.......love it so much :))

im now a very happy customer of Norne.........and this is just begining.........im looking forward to test out more cable from Norne,especially the silver comming up

Again...........thank you Trevor

Some eye-candy :

My Vanquish was amazing on my D5000's but darn, I haven't even received my Vibro and I already want to order a Draug / Vanquish for them ahah. Gotta stop myself from impulsively buying one.

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #978 of 6,459
  I will be ordering a Mjolnir/Gungnir combo in the next couple days and am going to also order the Norne Vanquish for my HD800.
I have never owned a balanced amp before. 
Is it better to go for the single 4-pin XLR or the dual 3-pin(since the Mjolnir can use both) or does it make no difference?

Mjolnir XLR headphone out is PCB mount so I would doubt there would be a difference between dual 3 pin and 4 pin.  Ragnarok only has 4 pin XLR.  My AudioGD Master 6 is wired first to dual 3 pin then jumper to the 4 pin so I would rather use dual 3 pin.  If you are staying with Schiit I would probably just use 4 pin XLR.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #979 of 6,459
Opps!!!
blink.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #980 of 6,459
  I will be ordering a Mjolnir/Gungnir combo in the next couple days and am going to also order the Norne Vanquish for my HD800.
I have never owned a balanced amp before. 
Is it better to go for the single 4-pin XLR or the dual 3-pin(since the Mjolnir can use both) or does it make no difference?

I'm not sure if it will make a difference if you go dual 3-pin or 4-pin XLR... But what you should do in either instance is order an adapter or two...

If you go 3-pin you should also order a (dual 3-pin to 4-pin XLR) and a (4-pin XLR into a TRS) or (dual 3-pin into a TRS) 

if you go 4-pin XLR then you only need to order a (4-pin XLR into a TRS) adapter like I did... 
wink_face.gif

Methinks I got the first Vanquish Cable for the HD800... I recall asking Trevor if he had anything

for the Senn and he mentioned a "prototype" cable he was working on and low and behold after

a little wait (labor intensive to make & Trevor wanted to get it "right" ) - I had the above....

Peace...
L3000.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #981 of 6,459
4-pin it is then. I didn't think about the adapters. Good call.

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #982 of 6,459
I have been reading some positive impressions of the Draug2 with HD800s. Making me excited to get mine soon hopefully.

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #983 of 6,459
My VORPAL SERIES TYPE 4 OCC LITZ in 8 wires configuration....

the workmanship is excellent!!!

It has breathe a whole new life into my Superfi 5 EBs.... Giving it more resolution and more well controlled bass...

I really like the looks of the Eidolic 3.5mm jack... overall 11/10 i would buy again... thank you Trevor

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #987 of 6,459
Vanquish vs draug2 for treble quality/extension/sparkle ????

I have the Draug 2 for my 560's and also have listened to it extensively on the HD800, then I have the Vanquish on my Alpha Dogs. The treble quality/quantity on all three HP's, with all three is exceptional, the Draug 2 doesn't sweeten per see, it's all there detailed, precise, extended out to infinity. The Alpha Dog can be a hot HP, I was a bit worried about the silver issue with the Vanquish, there is none, again extended out much further than the stock cable, with the sibilance removed. What HP are you looking too cable?

Oct 2, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #988 of 6,459
A full silver cable would be a nice surprise from Trevor :)

Oct 3, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #989 of 6,459
I thought the silver Litz was next I the Que.? I think it is mixed with copper Litz , balancing the benefits of both, Trevor!?!? Question here✋.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back