Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #5,116 of 6,461
To those of you who have any iteration of the Silvergarde for your IEMs; did you notice that you have to play at a lower volume to achieve the same listening level? Like if I normally listen to music on my DAP at 95 volume, will I have to lower the volume to 93 or 92 to achieve the same effect? I'm asking since silver has a lower resistance than copper and everything, if that plays a factor. I'm just hoping this is the case for the 8-wire SX I'm about to order. Thanks
That would depend on your previous cable and how efficient it was. As for the silvergarde it's a TOTL cable!

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #5,117 of 6,461
To those of you who have any iteration of the Silvergarde for your IEMs; did you notice that you have to play at a lower volume to achieve the same listening level? Like if I normally listen to music on my DAP at 95 volume, will I have to lower the volume to 93 or 92 to achieve the same effect? I'm asking since silver has a lower resistance than copper and everything, if that plays a factor. I'm just hoping this is the case for the 8-wire SX I'm about to order. Thanks
8-wire SX?
That sounds like an interesting cable.

What's the gauge in awg?
Is it sleeved or a clear cable?

Make sure to post pictures please

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #5,118 of 6,461
8-wire SX?
That sounds like an interesting cable.

What's the gauge in awg?
Is it sleeved or a clear cable?

Make sure to post pictures please
It's this one gnahra posted a while back. Trevor says it's 18.9 gauge

6C859ACF-BAD6-4ED5-93CB-C027EBCC32C3.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #5,121 of 6,461
It's this one gnahra posted a while back. Trevor says it's 18.9 gauge

6C859ACF-BAD6-4ED5-93CB-C027EBCC32C3.jpeg.jpg
I'm really interested in how this compares to the Silvergarde S4 19awg IEM Version

Gotta ask Trevor since I doubt anyone has both of those special request items

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #5,123 of 6,461
It's a bit off topic, but does anyone like using cables with this weight for IEM's? I'm fine using the heavyweight cables with my big headphones, but these days I like a really lightweight non-microphonic cable for IEM's.
I can only speak for myself, but considering that cables go behind the ears on most modern IEMs I don't really feel any weight.

I am completely immune to other weight related headphone issues others might have.
700g Audezes are also no problem

Mar 24, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #5,126 of 6,461
My latest Norne delivery...more S4 interconnects. The RCAs are Furutech Rhodium which is venturing into audio jewelry territory, but they do feel so much more substantial than the TeCu ones I tried before even if they probably aren't any more functional.

YXPL5XV.jpg

9CooTwU.jpg

CLI3xsM.jpg

aB8jR9X.jpg

kcJ8S7H.jpg

K3vJVEd.jpg

k6d7J0J.jpg

EDgDiIt.jpg

476nYAI.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #5,127 of 6,461
Generally(not always) thicker cable means better sound but you have to factor in comfort to
I guess it was a loaded question. I have some nice thick AOL audio IEM cables (albeit not from Trevor, so I'm sure they could be better), but the slight benefit in sound doesn't outweigh the hassle factor for IEM's. I guess same could apply for headphone cables, but I like a nice thick headphone cable to go with my heavyweight Verite Open headphones with the heavy desert ironwood.

Mar 24, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #5,128 of 6,461
My latest Norne delivery...more S4 interconnects. The RCAs are Furutech Rhodium which is venturing into audio jewelry territory, but they do feel so much more substantial than the TeCu ones I tried before even if they probably aren't any more functional.

YXPL5XV.jpg

9CooTwU.jpg

CLI3xsM.jpg

aB8jR9X.jpg

K3vJVEd.jpg

k6d7J0J.jpg

EDgDiIt.jpg

476nYAI.jpg
Look really nice. Now show us everything hooked up and color coordinated. :)

Mar 24, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #5,129 of 6,461

YXPL5XV.jpg

9CooTwU.jpg

CLI3xsM.jpg

aB8jR9X.jpg

K3vJVEd.jpg

k6d7J0J.jpg

EDgDiIt.jpg

476nYAI.jpg
I also prefer the Furutech RCA connectors and ordered my Vykari ICs with Furutech ft-111(r) connectors.
Trying to add an XLR interconnect as well.

Mar 24, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #5,130 of 6,461
I'm really interested in how this compares to the Silvergarde S4 19awg IEM Version

Gotta ask Trevor since I doubt anyone has both of those special request items

I have both and they sound very similar. Probably the S4 sounds a tad better at resolution and it’s a bit more analog, but overall there’s not much difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back