Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Oct 20, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #4,637 of 6,461
Oct 20, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #4,638 of 6,461
For what it's worth, just a few thoughts. Hopefully folks that are new to Norne will find this helpful. If you've ordered from Trevor, would be curious to hear your reactions to the following.

I've ordered and received two cables from Trevor. Lead time was ~4-6 weeks for each, which was acceptable to me and in line with expectations that were set upfront (which I think is important). Communication during each order was very good - if I ever thought he was a bit slow to respond, I re-sent my email with a gentle reminder, and I hear back from him.
I've found:
-his cables are meticulously crafted and the sound quality is superb
-in my opinion, the value for what I paid is top tier
-despite being a bit slow to respond from time to time, he has a high orientation towards customer service, his communications are thoughtful and thorough, and he was very patient with me while I hemmed and hawed over build details; generally a pleasure to deal with, in my opinion

So, net/net, I am a big fan and will be back to buy more cables from him.

Oct 20, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #4,639 of 6,461
For what it's worth, just a few thoughts. Hopefully folks that are new to Norne will find this helpful. If you've ordered from Trevor, would be curious to hear your reactions to the following.

I've ordered and received two cables from Trevor. Lead time was ~4-6 weeks for each, which was acceptable to me and in line with expectations that were set upfront (which I think is important). Communication during each order was very good - if I ever thought he was a bit slow to respond, I re-sent my email with a gentle reminder, and I hear back from him.
I've found:
-his cables are meticulously crafted and the sound quality is superb
-in my opinion, the value for what I paid is top tier
-despite being a bit slow to respond from time to time, he has a high orientation towards customer service, his communications are thoughtful and thorough, and he was very patient with me while I hemmed and hawed over build details; generally a pleasure to deal with, in my opinion

So, net/net, I am a big fan and will be back to buy more cables from him.
I also bought from him earlier this year.
We exchanged a lot of Emails since I asked a lot about recommendations and had several custom wishes, which were all met in the end.

The actuak build quality even exceeded my expectations. No stock cable ever came even close

I will order again in the future that's for sure

Oct 20, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #4,640 of 6,461
I've had a few forum members message me asking about Norne/Trevor/his cables.

My reply is always the same.

Trevor is a good guy.
His cables are good and built so damn well.
But be prepared to wait. Be prepared for unanswered emails. Be prepared to wait some more. And then maybe some more.
You will be rewarded for your patience.
He should hire someone to handle the email/customer relations side of the business. And then he can concentrate fully on the cable build side.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #4,641 of 6,461
I've had a few forum members message me asking about Norne/Trevor/his cables.

My reply is always the same.

Trevor is a good guy.
His cables are good and built so damn well.
But be prepared to wait. Be prepared for unanswered emails. Be prepared to wait some more. And then maybe some more.
You will be rewarded for your patience.
He should hire someone to handle the email/customer relations side of the business. And then he can concentrate fully on the cable build side.
My experience as well. I have recommended him to several people. Probably going to order another adapter from him shortly. Hopefully get it before Christmas. :jecklinsmile:

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #4,643 of 6,461
Dropping by here for a way, way overdue review. Bought two cables (Therium and/or Silvergarde IIRC) from Trevor a while back for my Noble K-10s and old (but handy) JH16s. Amazing craftmanship. Loved the cables; way better than the stock cables that came along with my customs.

And it doesn't stop there. Trevor's aftersales service has so far been impeccable. I see a couple of comments about the waiting time. Admittedly, the waiting time can be a tad long, but look at it this way, it's only long because the cables are popular, and it's only popular because the cables are great. No doubt the waiting time is a bit long, but you gotta wait for the good stuff.

Cheers!

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #4,644 of 6,461
Ordered an adapter from Trevor today. Several emails back and forth. Quickly responded and mentioned he will be working all weekend in the shop. Agreed on the quality of the workmanship. I'm sure he is doing all he can to complete the orders as fast as possible. I guess not being able to keep up is a good problem to have. Especially in these times.

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #4,645 of 6,461
Dropping by here for a way, way overdue review. Bought two cables (Therium and/or Silvergarde IIRC) from Trevor a while back for my Noble K-10s and old (but handy) JH16s. Amazing craftmanship. Loved the cables; way better than the stock cables that came along with my customs.

And it doesn't stop there. Trevor's aftersales service has so far been impeccable. I see a couple of comments about the waiting time. Admittedly, the waiting time can be a tad long, but look at it this way, it's only long because the cables are popular, and it's only popular because the cables are great. No doubt the waiting time is a bit long, but you gotta wait for the good stuff.

Cheers!
Can you describe what the Therium cable is?
The website isn't up to date, so there are man newer releases missing.

Oct 21, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #4,647 of 6,461
All of my experiences with Trevor have been very good. the communication was done in a timely manner,
Trevor was always really helpful and able to answer all of my questions.
Cable quality is impeccable IMO.
Remember at times he may be waiting on something from a supplier and with the world's problems this may take a little extra time.
As with most things being custom made patience is the key and you will be rewarded in the end.
I have loved all three Norne cables that I have owned.

Oct 21, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #4,649 of 6,461
Just placed an order today for a Draug 3SC. Having previously only owned Lavricables, I'm extremely excited to pair these with my Susvaras. Now to wait and suffer with the stock cable until then :sweat:
Greta, would love to hear your comparative thoughts about the two, both well-regarded as high-end cable makers!

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #4,650 of 6,461
2 month turnaround always worth the wait. Great job, Trevor.
IMG_20201023_144450.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back