Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 12, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #4,171 of 6,518
Has anyone tried a Norne silver cable and also a Lavricables / Toxic Cables / Forza Audioworks cable and can compare their sound quality? Any comparison between the sound quality of these cables would be really helpful. I've been considering buying a Norne cable and trying to choose between these options.
Since you're in the US I think you should go for norne, even if only to avoid custom charhes

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #4,172 of 6,518
I don't think I have ever had or paid a 'customs charge' here in the US. Perhaps i have just been lucky?
I did have a JDM 'Made in Japan' watch delivered Friday and no indication of custom duties so we'll see. I hope not to get dinged.

It sure is a real cost in most EU countries when considering buying anything that is fairly costly with the added expense to local or national governments.

Jan 13, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #4,173 of 6,518
Has anyone tried a Norne silver cable and also a Lavricables / Toxic Cables / Forza Audioworks cable and can compare their sound quality? Any comparison between the sound quality of these cables would be really helpful. I've been considering buying a Norne cable and trying to choose between these options.
I had a Forza hybrid cable, excellent value but upon upgrading to Norne S3 pure silver definitely find the latter to be superior in both build and sonic characteristics.

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #4,174 of 6,518
I had a Forza hybrid cable, excellent value but upon upgrading to Norne S3 pure silver definitely find the latter to be superior in both build and sonic characteristics.
I have had the same experience, and concur.

Jan 13, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #4,178 of 6,518
Monoprice THX 887 and Burson C3X
Nice! I would say, if you don't hear a difference with cables, then save yourself a bunch of money, and stick with the stock cable.

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #4,179 of 6,518
Do they sound different? I can't hear any difference between Norne S3 and Verite stock cable.
Nice! I would say, if you don't hear a difference with cables, then save yourself a bunch of money, and stick with the stock cable.

Amen. I’m always stunned when I see people trying to teach themselves not to like the stuff they already use.

Jan 13, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #4,180 of 6,518
Wow! I prefer cables without sleeving, but man that looks awesome! I would love to know the name and how it compares to his other cables.
Hey Wes I originally wanted one without sleeving too until Trevor sent me a pic of this one. After that I was like "yup thats my cable." As far as what Trevor is calling it I don't know. I will have to let him answer that one. I do love it though.

I would also love to be able to comment as to how it compares with his others, but this is my first high quality cable so it may be a bit before I can make those comparrisons.

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #4,183 of 6,518
What are sonic improvements of Norne S3 cable over Verite stock cable?
I have a different ZMF headphone, and a S1not a S3, but the difference I heard coming from stock ZMF cable, was deeper, stronger and tighter bass response, better resolution from top to bottom, and better treble extension without getting harsh at all. Overall, a fuller sound with better resolution. Everyone always talks about silver cables enhancing top end, but what they never mention is the increase in bass response as well. Norne's silver cables have killer bass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back