Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 29, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #3,213 of 6,459
I can't wait for my Draug V3 to come in, ordered at the beginning of may.
I loved the Draug V1 I had, and hopefully this is a nice upgrade. :)
Trevor does top notch work on these cables, actual pieces of art.

Gofspar, this should have shipped so I am checking with you now on this. PM sent to get your order #.

My Draug SIlver arrived a couple days ago and I'm just so impressed with the workmanship! I have the Focal Utopias and I am still in the process of testing sound quality differences between the stock cables and the Draug but so far already I have noticed a smoother more refined sound. I was concerned about going with all silver since the the Utopias can get bright (not sibilant) on the recordings but that has not been an issue. Just incredible. I was a skeptic regarding cables making differences but I've changed my mind right now.

Appreciate the initial feedback NextLevel, thank you for the post.

Well, just attached the Silvergarde to my Andros. I was right, Trevor is truly a master of this art.
Well done my friend. Kudos to you.

Thanks Rich! Your support, kindness and patience is always appreciated on my end.

I am the proud recipient of a new design from Trevor, the Norne Volsund. I had planned to purchase a Zoetic for my new ZMF Auteur but Trevor offered this new series as an alternative with enhanced design in a similar price range.....

Lory thank you for the detailed feedback and impression so far.

To all:

I am working on finishing the site updates, will get to all emails for today shortly as well.
I am actually working behind the scenes on a whole new site to make navigation more friendly.
It is just taking a bit longer than expected.

Thanks to everyone for the posts and support!

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #3,214 of 6,459
Well, just attached the Silvergarde to my Andros. I was right, Trevor is truly a master of this art.
Well done my friend. Kudos to you.
It is thicker than your standard cable, but it is still very soft and maneuverable. I like how it sits without tangling. I just started listening to it. First impressions are great. Airy, great detail and wide soundstage. I need more time to test out different tracks, but I like what I hear.

Yes, the Silvergarde looks great. Have you had more time to weigh your thoughts and impressions about the cable, and how they might differ from the stock cable in the area of SQ performance?

I have been thinking of getting the Andros myself, but some of the most glowing reviews sound as if they might be just a tad light on bass for some types of content. I am no bass-head, or do not consider myself to be one, However, it does bother me when the bass I am getting from music sounds at any time as if it is less than optimal (To give some examples using my regular headphones, the bass from my Audeze LCD-X, and Hifiman He-K, or He-500 all sound pretty good and never give me the impression that something is missing),,. I do not know how favorably the bass of the Andros compares with those.

Now to come to the subject of cables, I would like one that would compensate for the bass performance, if the bass is indeed lightish as claimed in some reviews, by giving it more body, while not compromising the qualities of airiness, soundstage, and detail that you have mentioned, as compared to the stock cable's performance...

I know the silvergarde does wonders for my He-K, as compared to the stock... I also like the Draug V2 and V3 for the sennheiser HD-800 and Audeze LCD-X. With the Andros, I am particularly wondering whether I should go with Silver (as in Silvergarde or Draug Silver), or with the Copper (Draug V3), or with something in between such as the Solvine...

The input I am seeking from you concerns mostly your silvergarde, and how it stacks up against the Stock Andros cable... If you have other helpful thoughts about the preferences and options I have outlined too, they'll be welcome. Thanks.

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #3,215 of 6,459
@sahmen
Wow, ok, Let me see if I can sum up for you my experience with the Silvergarde and Andro so far.

The stock cable was not bad. I just wanted something that could tease out that last 5% and with my experience of Trevor's other (Theriums, Vorpals, Solv and Draug) cables, I felt that the Silvergarde would do for me. I feel that the SG opened the staging and depth for me. It extended the highs and lows. No muddy bass and no shrieking highs. I, too, was afraid that the Andro wasn't going to deliver bass impact as it's a total BA. My experience was that DD were the best for that low slam. I am not a bass-head either but do like it from time to time. Boy was I wrong about the Andro and bass. It does give clear slam and very deep impact. I think the SG allowed for tighter impact and help separate out the bass/mid-bass from the mids better.

I thought of using a copper cable and tried my 8-wire Vorpal on it prior to getting the SG. While the bass was there, it just didn't seem controlled enough. It made the Andro sound too much like my 64 U8. While I do love that piece, it is a bass monster and that's why I got it. I wanted the Andro to sound detailed and clear and have that happy medium of bass when I call for it. The SG did that for me. Pure silver wins over copper. The Draug is fantastic on my Ether but here the silver SG is the one. Have never heard the Draug Silver.

Now, gotta say the law of diminishing returns is in order here. The SG is expensive and is a much thicker cable than most. The return is modest. I have no problem with either so I am happy. If those are turn-offs for you, the stock cable is good enough.

If you have the money and are obsessed like I am, I would fully recommend the SG. Be aware that Trevor is coming with a revamped SG model later this year so I would send a note to Trevor asking him what the benefits of that new cable may provide...

I hope this helps.

Jul 6, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #3,216 of 6,459
@sahmen
Wow, ok, Let me see if I can sum up for you my experience with the Silvergarde and Andro so far.

The stock cable was not bad. I just wanted something that could tease out that last 5% and with my experience of Trevor's other (Theriums, Vorpals, Solv and Draug) cables, I felt that the Silvergarde would do for me. I feel that the SG opened the staging and depth for me. It extended the highs and lows. No muddy bass and no shrieking highs. I, too, was afraid that the Andro wasn't going to deliver bass impact as it's a total BA. My experience was that DD were the best for that low slam. I am not a bass-head either but do like it from time to time. Boy was I wrong about the Andro and bass. It does give clear slam and very deep impact. I think the SG allowed for tighter impact and help separate out the bass/mid-bass from the mids better.

I thought of using a copper cable and tried my 8-wire Vorpal on it prior to getting the SG. While the bass was there, it just didn't seem controlled enough. It made the Andro sound too much like my 64 U8. While I do love that piece, it is a bass monster and that's why I got it. I wanted the Andro to sound detailed and clear and have that happy medium of bass when I call for it. The SG did that for me. Pure silver wins over copper. The Draug is fantastic on my Ether but here the silver SG is the one. Have never heard the Draug Silver.

Now, gotta say the law of diminishing returns is in order here. The SG is expensive and is a much thicker cable than most. The return is modest. I have no problem with either so I am happy. If those are turn-offs for you, the stock cable is good enough.

If you have the money and are obsessed like I am, I would fully recommend the SG. Be aware that Trevor is coming with a revamped SG model later this year so I would send a note to Trevor asking him what the benefits of that new cable may provide...

I hope this helps.

Yes, @Richsvt , this is very appropriately detailed, and very, very helpful. Thanks.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #3,217 of 6,459
I’ve had a number of cables through Trevor and am a big fan of his product.

Currently using his silvergarde for my se846 and just received his silver draug with lcd2. I’m also about to receive adapters to use the silver draug with my hd800 and am EXTREMELY looking forward to that

I’ve also previously had the ailvergarde s2 with my hd800 which i think has more punch than the silver draug which is smoother.

I’m looking for opinions and particularly COMPARISONS from members here that have used a variety of norne cables with headphones like the audeze lcd range or the zmf headphones.

How have you found the copper draug and solvine relative to Trevor’s silver cables?
I’ve received a lot of info from Trevor and i am always leaning to silver cables from him (silver draug and silvergarde) but should i seriously be considering his other cables (copper draug or solvine) that i’m thinking may not be better for me for these warmer headphones? I easily preferred the silvergarge with the draug 2 that i had previously - again this is just personal preferences using the woo wa2 tube amp

My pre conceived ideas have me leaning to pick up a silvergarde for my lcd 2 (and elear) to complement the silver draug as opposed to any other cable.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jul 7, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #3,218 of 6,459
̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶g̶a̶r̶d̶e̶ ̶I̶E̶M̶ ̶c̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶?̶ ̶S̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶2̶1̶a̶w̶g̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶(̶i̶f̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶)̶.̶

Edit: Nevermind.

Attachments

• F9C7DCB2-5C9D-4F6F-912A-4989FF53BCCC.jpeg
    F9C7DCB2-5C9D-4F6F-912A-4989FF53BCCC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • B9A3B4BD-DD41-4ED0-8AA5-254C11C013D8.jpeg
    B9A3B4BD-DD41-4ED0-8AA5-254C11C013D8.jpeg
    730.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #3,221 of 6,459
uCHlY5v.jpg

AfBXbVQ.jpg

Thanks Trevor!
Cable feels, looks and sounds great!
Is that one of the draugs?

Feel free to give ua a brief review when you’ve settled in with it - that’ll be good

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #3,223 of 6,459
Any plans to offer options for JH Siren series ?

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #3,224 of 6,459
silvergarde s2 got more sparkly Treble than any of Norne Audio Cables? or i am better with another one?

i am using Hifiman Susvara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back