Noobie here. Ordered some Grado SR60i's..what am I getting into?
Feb 21, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #61 of 81
No, I didn't. I sold them before I had the chance. But it was more of a comfort issue than a sound issue. I tried them again with the S-Cush pads (my friend's pair, which she won from Grado), and found them much more comfortable, so I will give them another go, but I'm going to go with a higher model. I was thinking RS2is. But that is only one can on my list of many to look into. 

Side note: You can shorten my nick it to Kyuu, which will probably be easier. And if it seemed like I was flaming you, I really do apologize. It is just that my friend is associated with Armada Music... So... yeah... I've gotten addicted to all sorts of trance. I wouldn't use the SR60is for all of it, but some does sound fine. I really think it depends on what artists and what type of trance. 

Feb 21, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #62 of 81
Well to suddenly change the subject, just came back from college (photography classes if you wanted to know) and my grado's are finally in :D

Listening to them now..so far I only have like 10 minutes worth of listening time. I'm pretty much aware that the whole sound quality part doesn't entirely sink in until after hours of listening because I've been using crap headphones for a while..need to get adjusted. So far these cans sound pretty amazing! :)

Feb 21, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #63 of 81

Quote:
Actually, it was the other way around. Since I didn't agree that the Grado's were amazing for Trance, I was flamed. It's fine if you disagree with me, just understand I'll hardly change my opinion based on an audio preference.

Kyuutseki (Your name is hard to spell dude, I might have gotten it wrong) did you mod your SR60s? I think you're right, most likely the OP will find the Grado sound signature to become his own, even more if he mods them

The sr60i is my favorite headphone for just this reason. You can fine tune the amount of bass, neutrality, slam, and even soundstage with some effort. That, and they are easy to drive.  You can, essentially, craft the headphone you want, and it's not terribly expensive. 

Feb 21, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #65 of 81
No, my desktop. No soundcard, just running off of my motherboard. Already they're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than what I was listening to before! I'm gonna try them out on my sansa clip+ once I get it all set up (bought a new one since my old one broke).

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #66 of 81
welcome to headfi little bro 
beerchug.gif

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #67 of 81
Yes try it on the Sansa Clip+! In fact here's an idea:
1) Find a comfortable chair in your house. Put in in front of your computer.
2) Get a song you know well in FLAC playing from a good audio software (foobar would be recommended)
3) Close your eyes and listen to that FLAC song from your computer, through foobar, into your Grados, until it's over
4) Now immediately listen to the same song on your Sansa Clip+
5) Mindblown!

Feb 22, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #68 of 81
welcome to headfi little bro 
beerchug.gif

Thanks bro. These cans seem to be a good buy so far! Didn't knew I was missing this much in the mids..
So what would YOU recommend i do? Still think I need the dac destroyer or should I start out with something basic like the fiio e5? I kinda wanna save up the money I have left for photography supplies so nothing to expensive >_>
Oh and when are you gonna get those custom IEMs you keep on telling me about?

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #69 of 81
well i think a DAC would be a huge setup from on board audio and the SR60s will really open up with a better source. The DAC i showed you is a cheap way of getting there and i dont plan on getting the customs just yet i still have some DYing to do on my iems

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #70 of 81
Alright. Well I officially can't get the dacs just yet, not enough money. Needed to buy more film for class and also decided to buy mom a netbook (me and dad chipped in half). I am gonna get my money back after I got ripped off from the monitor replacement I bought for dad's laptop, though.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #72 of 81
newbie but long time head-fi lurker?
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #74 of 81

Quote:
Nah I'm completely new to this! I've just been reading the posts around here for about a couple of days I'd say.. I'm just a college student, don't underestimate my ability to research :p
I still have no idea what people mean by colored, bright, dark, etc..

This will help you: http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/describing-sound-a-glossary

Although I really think you should get out of here while you still can...

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #75 of 81
How come? Too expensive?
To be brutally honest, this stuff isn't all that expensive, ESPECIALLY when compared to photography (the career I'm getting myself into). The gear for photography can run as much as several thousands of dollars on the camera alone, excluding all the lenses, tripods, lighting equipment, computers, etc..

Sides, you guys aren't that bad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back