Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #6,076 of 6,432
In my whole time here this has constantly been one of the most off topic threads on the board as far as I can tell. This is nothing new. Calm down.

Quote:

Can we just agree that all PCs and macs suck and be done with it?

- This thread was so awesome until we all started down this hate path.

Beyerdynamic makes the worlds best gaming headset the mmx 300. Argue with me anyone?

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #6,077 of 6,432
Quote:

Can we just agree that all PCs and macs suck and be done with it?

- This thread was so awesome until we all started down this hate path.

Beyerdynamic makes the worlds best gaming headset the mmx 300. Argue with me anyone?

I actually have one also with its dedicated usb amp..it blows all other game cans away..and even my he500 cant compete with it with gaming and movies. And its built like a tank and u dont bother anyone as its closed type..just perfect..but for music i have my he500.. But that one will be upgraded to a he6 one day..the mmx300 goes with me into my grave 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #6,078 of 6,432
Quote:
Hi guys,

Have to add my today's experience. Friend came over and wanted to play Crysis 3 ... so I gave him HD650 and let him alone for about 10mins. When I get back he complained about sound of guns. He said that for example sniper rifle is doing "piercing" uncomfortable sound instead of "boomy" sound he is used to from his (lower end) speakers and that there is probably something wrong with headphones or sound setting.

I was quite confused that some ppl just don't appreciate/like more realistic sound.

Its a learning curve. At first many things sound different coming from cheap speakers or bass monsters like beats. Drive in a car with a crazy turned up subwoofer system Loud. Go and listen to some dt 770s directly after. You will feel the headphones are totally bass anemic for a bit until your hearing adjusts.

Ones head adjusts. What you experienced is your friends inability to adjust in 10 minutes. I need an hour of listening to adjust to new headphones. Some Iike some I hate - all rated very good on here.

Second thing: Exact headphones will reveal a crappy source. Crysis sound isn't really high end to begin with. Did you have it set to surround emulation or pure 2 channel mode? It sound much better and quite real in 2 channel mode. Of course its a bit harder, or may I say different, to locate enemies - but it sounds much better.

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #6,079 of 6,432
Quote:

Its a learning curve. At first many things sound different coming from cheap speakers or bass monsters like beats. Drive in a car with a crazy turned up subwoofer system Loud. Go and listen to some dt 770s directly after. You will feel the headphones are totally bass anemic for a bit until your hearing adjusts.

Ones head adjusts. What you experienced is your friends inability to adjust in 10 minutes. I need an hour of listening to adjust to new headphones. Some Iike some I hate - all rated very good on here.

Second thing: Exact headphones will reveal a crappy source. Crysis sound isn't really high end to begin with. Did you have it set to surround emulation or pure 2 channel mode? It sound much better and quite real in 2 channel mode. Of course its a bit harder, or may I say different, to locate enemies - but it sounds much better.

Just get the mmx300..problem solved with gaming 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #6,080 of 6,432
Quote:
In my whole time here this has constantly been one of the most off topic threads on the board as far as I can tell. This is nothing new. Calm down.

I just hate that apple/pc crap and I fall for it every time. Sorry to disturb your off topic love with more off topic statements sweety.

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan 

Not when I make a gaming headset out of my Stax by hot gluing a boom mic to the side of it. 

Pffff. Booty fab gear. Pffffff. :)

I also have the mmx 300. Manufaktur all black 600 Ohm 2012 edition.

Looooove it. Really. Pure love right there.

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #6,081 of 6,432
Quote:

I just hate that apple/pc crap and I fall for it every time. Sorry to disturb your off topic love with more off topic statements sweety.

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan 

Not when I make a gaming headset out of my Stax by hot gluing a boom mic to the side of it. 

Pffff. Booty fab gear. Pffffff. :)

I also have the mmx 300. Manufaktur all black 600 Ohm 2012 edition.

Looooove it. Really. Pure love right there.

We are lucky people 
beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #6,082 of 6,432
This might not be quite what this thread is for, but it's certainly more on topic than the recent conversation.

Fun story that involves Metal LPs today. My wife(ish) and I were out to dinner and we were deciding if we wanted to do something or just go home. I grinned and she knew exactly what I wanted to do...trip to the record store. 

She refused but of course eventually caved. On the way there we discussed how bored she got every time I went to the record store. I proposed a rule that I have a feeling we'll follow from now on. She has to flip through some stuff and buy something she's never heard of. Whether it be based on cover art or whatever.

Tonight I knew what I wanted. A copy of In Flames' A Sense of Purpose that I'd been eyeing for a few trips now. Went straight to it and picked it and was ready to go (I had promised to keep it short this time). We were held up by her eyeing something I'd also had my eye on for awhile. A copy of Baroness' Blue Record. She likes pretty things and man is that cover art gorgeous...

So we walked out with my record, and a copy of the Blue Record as well. I have a feeling we'll end up with their Red Record and Yellow & Green Record, too. Looking forward to it. 

I swear...I'm going to get her into music if it kills me (or our bank account). :D

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #6,083 of 6,432
Quote:
This might not be quite what this thread is for, but it's certainly more on topic than the recent conversation.

Fun story that involves Metal LPs today. My wife(ish) and I were out to dinner and we were deciding if we wanted to do something or just go home. I grinned and she knew exactly what I wanted to do...trip to the record store. 

She refused but of course eventually caved. On the way there we discussed how bored she got every time I went to the record store. I proposed a rule that I have a feeling we'll follow from now on. She has to flip through some stuff and buy something she's never heard of. Whether it be based on cover art or whatever.

Tonight I knew what I wanted. A copy of In Flames' A Sense of Purpose that I'd been eyeing for a few trips now. Went straight to it and picked it and was ready to go (I had promised to keep it short this time). We were held up by her eyeing something I'd also had my eye on for awhile. A copy of Baroness' Blue Record. She likes pretty things and man is that cover art gorgeous...

So we walked out with my record, and a copy of the Blue Record as well. I have a feeling we'll end up with their Red Record and Yellow & Green Record, too. Looking forward to it. 

I swear...I'm going to get her into music if it kills me (or our bank account). :D

Good luck with that 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #6,084 of 6,432
Quote:
Yeah... There's nothing up here in Quebec. The only option is shopping online at slightly higher prices with the shipping and everything -.- I hate it!

Depends on where you live in Québec
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #6,086 of 6,432
Quote:

Nice man! Sounds like a lot of fun
size]
 Happy listening!
size]

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #6,087 of 6,432
Quote:
 My wife(ish) 

I swear...I'm going to get her into music if it kills me 

Pretty sure women don't like being called the -ish of anything. She might kill you over that instead 
size]

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #6,088 of 6,432
She knows I call her wife(ish). We planned on a long engagement and that's what we're in. So she's not my girlfriend, but she's not my wife. I could say fiancee, but she's been my fiancee for 3 years now...so se may as well be my wife. 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

Pretty sure women don't like being called the -ish of anything. She might kill you over that instead 
size]

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #6,089 of 6,432
Quote:
She knows I call her wife(ish). We planned on a long engagement and that's what we're in. So she's not my girlfriend, but she's not my wife. I could say fiancee, but she's been my fiancee for 3 years now...so se may as well be my wife. 
tongue_smile.gif

So she's your fiancee. If you were dating someone for years but weren't engaged would you call them your fiancee(ish)?

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #6,090 of 6,432
sorry for random post but today i went on the internet... and i found this.

respect!
(don't know what amp she is using though)
source page: http://www.xiyuit.com/oa/3/37531.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back