Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #6,106 of 6,432
Quote:
It's all my fault. 
biggrin.gif

Someone said something about not listening to music with file compression, and I posted a relevant excerpt from the Beats website that said the Pros fixed file compression...

next thing you know

So better not post beats website here anymore then 
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #6,107 of 6,432
Quote:
So better not post beats website here anymore then 
biggrin.gif

beats is dangerous, not only for wallets of unsuspecting minds, but also to threads on forums
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #6,108 of 6,432
I let a friend try out some Sennheiser HD595 once. His reaction: "they're not loud enough". 

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #6,111 of 6,432
Feb 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #6,112 of 6,432
I have another friend who knows I'm into headphones. One day she's got her dollar store earbuds on and asks me about mine (I think it was the Pioneer HDJ-2000 at the time). I offer to let her try them, so she puts them on top of her earbuds and listens to my music over hers that's still playing... "Eh, they're alright"... 
size]

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #6,113 of 6,432
Quote:
I have another friend who knows I'm into headphones. One day she's got her dollar store earbuds on and asks me about mine (I think it was the Pioneer HDJ-2000 at the time). I offer to let her try them, so she puts them on top of her earbuds and listens to my music over hers that's still playing... "Eh, they're alright"... 
size]

The hell?

beats is dangerous, not only for wallets of unsuspecting minds, but also to threads on forums
tongue.gif

I think the potato amplifier talk did it.

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #6,114 of 6,432
Quote:

I think the potato amplifier talk did it.

"whoa... this ain't no romance novel... it's just a sweet potatah..."

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #6,115 of 6,432
Quote:
size]

Did you say anything or were you just speechless? I mean... wow.

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #6,116 of 6,432
At moments like that, you can't do anything except smile and nod. 

Some of my friends appreciate sound quality, but some utterly don't care at all and just want noise from the dollar store. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #6,117 of 6,432
I gave my friend  a chance to listen to my new 4.ai's, and he immediately started to dance in the middle of the hallway. He was literally blown away by the quality of the music. He even went as far as describing them as the best thing he has ever listened to. He wants me to recommend him some headphones now..

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #6,119 of 6,432
Quote:
In my whole time here this has constantly been one of the most off topic threads on the board as far as I can tell. This is nothing new. Calm down.

Quote:

Can we just agree that all PCs and macs suck and be done with it?

- This thread was so awesome until we all started down this hate path.

Beyerdynamic makes the worlds best gaming headset the mmx 300. Argue with me anyone?

No argument here.  This is the third recording headset I have purchased, others were by different companies.  I record books and magazine instruction articles for my personal use and review in my car.  Very clear and sharp with full tonal range.

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #6,120 of 6,432
Most of my friends only care about the bass of headphones (they all have beats by dre products). I sometimes cry inside and wish they would pull the bananas out of their ears. When my ath m50s arrive, imma shove'em onto their heads and see what they think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back