Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #6,061 of 6,432
Quote:
popcorn.gif

+1

Have used both macs and pcs. Didn't like Macs because of iTunes...maybe when apple products get rid of itunes i'll give it another shot..don't think that'll happen anytime soon

But yea...joining you in watching this flame war that's about to unfold haha.
popcorn.gif
 lol

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #6,062 of 6,432
Quote:
Once I saw the T1, the HD800 and the GS1000 (either i or not) together behind some glass. I went about "eh". Mind you Quebec City probably has one single pair of T1, one single pair of HD800 and two pairs of GS1000.

Yeah... There's nothing up here in Quebec. The only option is shopping online at slightly higher prices with the shipping and everything -.- I hate it!

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #6,064 of 6,432
Quote:
Yeah... There's nothing up here in Quebec. The only option is shopping online at slightly higher prices with the shipping and everything -.- I hate it!

I found shopping online out of the US way cheaper than any of our Canadian online stores.  Pretty sad how much the price difference is, considering how close the our dollar and theirs is.

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #6,065 of 6,432
to get us back on topic, I just got my first rig hooked up and my little brother will probably be ordering some Schiit soon
bigsmile_face.gif
 he was really impressed also have a couple "music lovers" from work coming by to check it out.   On the other hand my Dad liked the way they sounded but could care less, I didn't mention the price

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #6,066 of 6,432
Quote:
to get us back on topic, I just got my first rig hooked up and my little brother will probably be ordering some Schiit soon
bigsmile_face.gif
 he was really impressed also have a couple "music lovers" from work coming by to check it out.   On the other hand my Dad liked the way they sounded but could care less, I didn't mention the price

Yep better not telling him the real price of ur shiit bifrost and lyr 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #6,067 of 6,432
One thing i have to say is that my 2 year old iphone/ipod uses a lot more music file types than my brand new playstation does. IMO Sony is worse than apple when it comes to patents and stuff. Sony parts and plugs change style more than a schizophrenic on crack. Sony is a great innovator, but mostly I find them to be sadistic.

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #6,068 of 6,432
Hi guys,

Have to add my today's experience. Friend came over and wanted to play Crysis 3 ... so I gave him HD650 and let him alone for about 10mins. When I get back he complained about sound of guns. He said that for example sniper rifle is doing "piercing" uncomfortable sound instead of "boomy" sound he is used to from his (lower end) speakers and that there is probably something wrong with headphones or sound setting.

I was quite confused that some ppl just don't appreciate/like more realistic sound.

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #6,069 of 6,432
Quote:
What headphones do you have? And what bands do you produce for?

I use the HD 600 now. And I don't produce for a band, I'm just mah own artist. 
This is my newest creation https://soundcloud.com/dani-l-cornelisse/mr-bill-cheyah-goodness although because it was for a contest I had to limit it to soundcloud. Which sounds utterly horribad. :/

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #6,070 of 6,432
Quote:

There's nothing in Montreal?

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #6,071 of 6,432
Quote:
Hi guys,

Have to add my today's experience. Friend came over and wanted to play Crysis 3 ... so I gave him HD650 and let him alone for about 10mins. When I get back he complained about sound of guns. He said that for example sniper rifle is doing "piercing" uncomfortable sound instead of "boomy" sound he is used to from his (lower end) speakers and that there is probably something wrong with headphones or sound setting.

I was quite confused that some ppl just don't appreciate/like more realistic sound.

His mind is programmed to think that guns sound like that..try to take him to a shooting range..with real guns..and am sure his eyes will open in a shock and buy ur headphone 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #6,072 of 6,432
Quote:
Quote:
So if I do have personal experience with them I can continue, right?

I don't just think I can do better for myself, I think everyone can. Their pricing is ridiculous. You know they charge $975 to upgrade your RAM to 32GB in a Mac pro? $1000 for a 512GB SSD? How can people be taking that seriously?

You're not quite comparing the same thing. Though expensive that's ECC DDR3 SDRAM, a premium business grade component designed to ensure maximum reliability and system uptime. It's a commercial product that can be bought by consumers. If you compare pricing on consumer equipment sold to end users versus the price for original equipment for industrial and commercial entities you would be a lot less surprised about the price of things.

Yeahhhhh, about that... $975 is a completely ridiculous price for 32GB of ECC memory and you'd have to be an idiot to pay for that upgrade.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226348

I've been buying, building, and running servers ("business grade components" or whatever you choose to call them) for over 10 years. Not only do they need ECC memory but they usually also require fully buffered dimms which are even more expensive and I've never had to pay even half as much as Apple charges for their ECC memory. Its a rip off no matter how you look at it.

Anyway... we better get back on topic. :wink:

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #6,073 of 6,432
Quote:
Quote:
What headphones do you have? And what bands do you produce for?

I use the HD 600 now. And I don't produce for a band, I'm just mah own artist. 
This is my newest creation https://soundcloud.com/dani-l-cornelisse/mr-bill-cheyah-goodness although because it was for a contest I had to limit it to soundcloud. Which sounds utterly horribad. :/

I like it man! Also, yea, the sound was not good.

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #6,074 of 6,432
Quote:

Total crap. I admin over 1500 of them. They don't 'just work'. Trust me. It takes a lot of dedication and tweaking, YEARS... of fiddling and scripting to make them all work.  But as a home user, bah.. just call AppleCare to get it fixed and oh.. wait, you gotta pay more for that. :)

Can we just agree that all PCs and macs suck and be done with it?

- This thread was so awesome until we all started down this hate path.

Beyerdynamic makes the worlds best gaming headset the mmx 300. Argue with me anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back