Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #5,761 of 6,432
Quote:
My two year old daugher LOVES my HD600. She has good taste. 

LOL! I'm sure you love them too.... So I went to Walmart today for what ended up being a great people watching session and it's too bad I couldn't video it. Anyway, I noticed 3 boys in the front basket part of a shopping cart who all looked about 3-4 yo. The mom had her back to the cart and was staring motionless at a 32" t.v. I really wanted to tell her that one of the boys was sucking on that part of the cart that folds out and turns into a baby seat, but I couldn't think of the words to say because I was speechless. But I wanted to yell "What are you doing?" Then I read that you say you let your 2 yo play with your hd600
eek.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #5,765 of 6,432
My mom uses some earbuds that came out of a pack of batteries for listening on her laptop. I've listened to them, and words can't really describe them. I let her use my S4s for a bit, and her response was "You can get some new headphones, but only so I can have these."

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #5,766 of 6,432
My mom uses some earbuds that came out of a pack of batteries for listening on her laptop. I've listened to them, and words can't really describe them. I let her use my S4s for a bit, and her response was "You can get some new headphones, but only so I can have these." 

Will she pay for the new pair? XD

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #5,768 of 6,432
Quote:
I'm happy my friends like the detail they hear after listening to my gear
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: the

I no longer bother to force my audio gear on friends. If they're interested, they'll usually ask about the 4-5 odd pairs of headphones I have on my desk. Some care, some don't. The ones who don't still like the speakers though, as long as I don't mention prices.

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #5,769 of 6,432
I had a fellow worker over after telling him about my setup.. Bifrost-Lyr-Lcd2. He thought I was crazy until he heard it. Then it was "Wow, I'm saving up for these".

I then showed him  my Fuji  x Pro1 camera, and I'm crazy again.

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #5,770 of 6,432
Quote:
I no longer bother to force my audio gear on friends. If they're interested, they'll usually ask about the 4-5 odd pairs of headphones I have on my desk. Some care, some don't. The ones who don't still like the speakers though, as long as I don't mention prices.

That's been my policy from day one of this hobby. Not worth the time or effort to convert tbh. If they ask, I'm happy to help though.

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #5,773 of 6,432
I think most people are impressed when you let them listen to decent headphones. Most average people will be impressed by ANY bass impact, coupled with the fact most have simply never listened to a good pair of headphones. 

My GF had a similar reaction to my A900X headphones that someone else had mentioned where she said "It feels like I'm surrounded by the music!" lol 
L3000.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #5,774 of 6,432
Quote:
no listen ... no scotch for you 
eek.gif

When people come to my house, i find I want to play them music on my stereo speakers instead of letting them go into their own world with my headphones. But I'm so picky about music that if I heard One Direction on your best setup, there's no amount of Scotch that would help unless I was out cold. However much I doubt you do that, I usually start with music on my stereo, then when they're grooving, then I hand them the cans all set up. If they were impressed before they will surely like headphones. They are the best bang for your buck in quality sound, though the are more for personal use, it takes a lot of money and time to set up a nice home stereo. If that doesn't work I lock them in my basement and say: no listen, no food for you. lol
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #5,775 of 6,432
So, in an interesting twist, the guy who I mentioned yesterday who recently bought a Monster DNA tried to lecture me on the history of Monster Cable's headphones (completely unknowing of the Turbine line), as if I didn't know anything about that already. Then, to get him to go away, I mentioned the other product lines that Monster offers (Diamond Tears, VEKTR, etc) besides his DNA. At that point, I just wanted to get back to my desktop setup.

About half an hour later he tried again to discuss headphones with me as equals, and I played along despite the fact that he's not exactly an expert on the subject. I kind of felt bad for him, so I tried as hard as I could to converse. When he asked to listen to my headphones (at that point the T5p), I saw opportunity. As soon as he heard the climax of the introduction to Money For Nothing,  he was completely hooked. I didn't get my desk back until work ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back