Dec 16, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #5,551 of 6,432
Played a friend some Lenny Kravitz through the HE-6: "Oh... oh!...wow..."

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #5,552 of 6,432
Quote:
well..i am all u three summed  together -1 
eek.gif
so  cant consider me a minor..or it would be because i act like one sometimes
very_evil_smiley.gif
but seriously..what i do see is that when u get older u start to apreciate music differently..when i was younger i loved BIG BIG bass.in my first car i had an installation more exensive then the car itself with 2 enourmous subwoofers and 3 amps with a total of 1600 watts,,,our neighbour hated me as i could make his windows tremble with the bass my car made.when i parkered next to his house,.lolz...but now i prefer the sound of my hifiman he500..a more balanced sound...thats why i think the age is higher here then ur average wii or sony playstation forum..lolz...we are a bit more matured in our listening and have a bit more to spend..or better said.willing to spend...when ur young u dont think of listening at music at night for hours..nooooo..u spend money on different things...u go out, go after girls, have drinks (non alcoholic ofcourse as ur a minor..
very_evil_smiley.gif
), dance, race (but safe ofcourse..lolz) with ur car/scooter/bike/motorcycle, study ur butts off and hate ur exams..thats what 14-15-17 year olds do..i mean thats what i did
tongue_smile.gif

well.. get my point?...and honestly..although the age differences are bigger here then on other forums(except for the bingo/flower power forums ofcourse..they all are old!) i think all get well together..as the base..listening to music is the same to all...young and less young
biggrin.gif

Dude, nobody plays wii and playstation anymore. Do yourself a favor and get yourself an Xbox or build yourself a super PC with a Voodoo accelerator card.   I listen to music for hours, I like bass (I know what proper bass is because I am a bass player), I go out a lot, I drink a lot (non alcoholic because my liver needs a break and I've had my fill),  I race my car/motorcycle for real and on Xbox. I still study a lot and I turned 42 last week. My 14 year old daughter is so much like me, including her taste in music,  and I can see her probably doing the same things when she turns 18.  So you see, I don't think age has anything to do with it -- good taste in music is universal.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #5,553 of 6,432
Quote:
So you see, I don't think age has anything to do with it -- good taste in music is universal.

Yes and no.  I liked lots of music from the late 60's and early 70's at the time, and didn't hardly listen to classical at all.

I still like some of the music teenage years, (I'm 55 now) but I listen to lots of classical these days. 

Today,  I can go from Steely Dan to Leonard Bernstein to Floyd to Pearl Jam to Laura St John to Hayes Carll, to whatever.    Back in the day the leaps into and out of classical wouldn't have happened. 

I can't say my musical tastes have changed as much as grown over the years. I still prefer vinyl over CD's (listen to both) and cannot listen to much mp3 at all, just too congested and crushed to me. 

Use headphones, never got into the ear bud, IEM at all.  But most of my listening is a 2 channel stereo rig,

I am always gonna be old school I guess  ....  my daughter says that's cause yer OLD dad ..

She has earbuds, but also prefers the Grado SR80's I got her, even out of her little MP3 player.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #5,554 of 6,432
on a road trip in the car i saw my bro's gf take out her samsung earbuds, so i swiftly offered her to try my MS1i's, she took them and soon she could not stop dancing around & singing. to our surprise that my bro's HD435 and my HD558 never caused such a reaction. i guess grado's are really engaging and has that wow factor
tongue.gif
 i let my bro try them out later and he too started singing. (btw i rate the 3 as HD435<<<MS1i<HD558)

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #5,555 of 6,432
i can say that Grado's have opened up my taste in music alot more than my other pairs.

i used to always listen to electronic music.

now, i am listening to alot more different genres(except Pop music.. i dont like where its headed today)

Soft Rock, 60's Rock, Classical, acoustic, jazz, Electroswing, dubstep, Drum and Bass, Daft Punk.

and i can also say that i had fun!

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #5,556 of 6,432
I am labeled as a hipster all the time (though I despise the label) because I have a vinyl setup and my music tastes seem to reflect somebody with multiple personality disorder (and each personality, in turn, seems to be sociopathic). Eventually most of my friends come around, however, being sane people, and I'm currently missing about 3% of my vast music collection because I've lent it out. Some of my friends have fallen in love with the likes of Mates of State, Chewing on Tinfoil, Sigur Ros, Horse Feathers, and more (all of which have extremely different sounds) because of me.

The vinyl is the one that gets a big ol' Hipster label. Kind of makes me upset that you have to be old or a hipster to own vinyl.

i can say that Grado's have opened up my taste in music alot more than my other pairs.

i used to always listen to electronic music.

now, i am listening to alot more different genres(except Pop music.. i dont like where its headed today)

Soft Rock, 60's Rock, Classical, acoustic, jazz, Electroswing, dubstep, Drum and Bass, Daft Punk.

and i can also say that i had fun!

French House. Daft Punk isn't a genre. :D

Dec 17, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #5,561 of 6,432
Had my ANOTHER friend tested on my XBA-4 again! He came from Apple Earbuds & he use my IEM for his anime movie. He is quite an active person who skip around, run around a lot.

So I lent him my IEM, he said nothing. However, after that, he never stop asking it from me again. Again & again everyday XD

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #5,562 of 6,432
Had my ANOTHER friend tested on my XBA-4 again! He came from Apple Earbuds & he use my IEM for his anime movie. He is quite an active person who skip around, run around a lot.
So I lent him my IEM, he said nothing. However, after that, he never stop asking it from me again. Again & again everyday XD

He should try the x1000 xD

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #5,563 of 6,432
So here goes my story.
Let my friend, who has been using apple earbuds for the past several years, try my Sennheiser IE 80s. This guy has never even heard of IEMs let alone tried one. Needless to say he didn`t know how to put these things in first. So after a brief explanation and demonstration, he puts them in. This is without music playing and i quote. What the hell is this . It feels like i am underwater. Everything is muffeld. So after the initial shock i fired up some Bon Jovi FLAC.( His favorite) His reaction was just priceless. After some intense air drumming and headbanging takes them off, and says OH LORD I HAVE FOUND HEAVEN. I think that pretty much sums it up. Fast forward couple of days and i met him, while he was looking for some IEMs. I suggested the IE6 because the sound signature would be pretty close to my IE80s and its more budget friendly. 

PS: Its my first post on head fi. Just joined here although i`ve been reading forums for some time now.

Dec 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #5,564 of 6,432
Quote:
PS: Its my first post on head fi. Just joined here although i`ve been reading forums for some time now.

First post and you've already achieved a conversion... I wish I was that good when I first joined.

Dec 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #5,565 of 6,432
Quote:
So here goes my story.
Let my friend, who has been using apple earbuds for the past several years, try my Sennheiser IE 80s. This guy has never even heard of IEMs let alone tried one. Needless to say he didn`t know how to put these things in first. So after a brief explanation and demonstration, he puts them in. This is without music playing and i quote. What the hell is this . It feels like i am underwater. Everything is muffeld. So after the initial shock i fired up some Bon Jovi FLAC.( His favorite) His reaction was just priceless. After some intense air drumming and headbanging takes them off, and says OH LORD I HAVE FOUND HEAVEN. I think that pretty much sums it up. Fast forward couple of days and i met him, while he was looking for some IEMs. I suggested the IE6 because the sound signature would be pretty close to my IE80s and its more budget friendly. 

That sounds like me when I discovered the FitEar To Go! 334 (my first IEM purchase after using IE8s for 2 years)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back