Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #5,522 of 6,432
Quote:
Think exactly the same thing but your 17 with a AKG K 550 + braided 9ft cable, Fiio E17 Alpen and a digitoid Zo (which I use occasionally). People just stare sometimes, it gets pretty funny.

I love the looks that people give me. The looks on their face just say, "What the heck is wrong with that kid, and why is he carrying ear warmers." I can't help but laugh every time.

Also, I think it's great that younger people like me are getting more interested in higher end audio. I just hope that big companys like sennheiser, grado, akg, ect. don't start making headphones more suited to younger people.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #5,523 of 6,432
Quote:

13 here
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #5,524 of 6,432
wow, i suddenly feel so old
eek.gif
 (although im not compared to a lot others)

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #5,526 of 6,432
OMG we are being attacked by some kind of aliens!! youngsters with interest for headphones..heeeellllllllpppp ..contact secret service!NOW...
oops...i am 45 ....is that considered minor also? as many people around me tell me i sometimes act like a kid... :D

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #5,527 of 6,432
Quote:
I would've been lucky to be able to afford £30 headphones when I was 13.

Honestly, I am rather spoiled. My friends are also(actually my whole community
tongue.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #5,528 of 6,432
17 here, just to chime in
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #5,529 of 6,432
I let my uncle listened to my M50 when I first bought it. And he can't stop headbanging while listening using it. I tried talking to him, but he seemed to play at a really loud volume, since he's the kind who listens to music really loud.

And it's actually pretty funny when people stares at you, with your full-sized headphones. My response to them (in my mind), 'What? You want to try listening with this too?'

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #5,531 of 6,432
Quote:
I let my uncle listened to my M50 when I first bought it. And he can't stop headbanging while listening using it. I tried talking to him, but he seemed to play at a really loud volume, since he's the kind who listens to music really loud.
And it's actually pretty funny when people stares at you, with your full-sized headphones. My response to them (in my mind), 'What? You want to try listening with this too?'

I get the same thing. I just look at them and give them the you-have-no-clue face.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #5,532 of 6,432
Nice, I was on facebook a few weeks ago and saw a post with my best friend wearing skullcandy 
mad.gif
 So for black friday I bought her philips citiscape downtown on cyber monday for 35 bucks, Awesome deal! Anywho now she cant stop listening. 
k701smile.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #5,533 of 6,432
i let my officemates listen to my Sennheiser PX-100 II and after two days; someone asked me to sell it to her 
basshead.gif
. i found myself upgrading into Sennheiser HD439 with FiiO E6. and its currently lurking around my office. everyone wants to try them especially when they saw a small ipod shuffle like thing attached to it, they became curious enough to try them. I somehow started audiophilia here in my office. i already got 3 colleagues who rushed into the nearest audio store and buy one that suits them 
dt880smile.png

I MIGHT sell these cans again if someone asks me here in my office. AGAIN. lol. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #5,534 of 6,432
i let my officemates listen to my Sennheiser PX-100 II and after two days; someone asked me to sell it to her :basshead: . i found myself upgrading into Sennheiser HD439 with FiiO E6. and its currently lurking around my office. everyone wants to try them especially when they saw a small ipod shuffle like thing attached to it, they became curious enough to try them. I somehow started audiophilia here in my office. i already got 3 colleagues who rushed into the nearest audio store and buy one that suits them :dt880smile:

I MIGHT sell these cans again if someone asks me here in my office. AGAIN. lol. 

Ok. That's funny xD

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #5,535 of 6,432
so in school, here we're following what is called the BYOD policy, which is using your very own devices to school for educational reasons.

but anyways i had my simple unamped Bass Rig on me (iPod 4th Gen, Sony Xb500)

but there is this freshman girl who wanted to use my Sony XB500's since she said she didnt have her iBuds.

Her reaction was:
Wooah, These woah.
They are good, no soo good
the bass is like.. yooo
dude guys these are like, better than Beats man.

so then she asked me how much i got them, and i said they were a belated birthday gift, and was only around 70$
she was amazed that they costed so low, she said she thought they'd be like 100 or 200$ or something.

although, i feel happy. I at least finally got someone to have a listen with my equipment, and appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back