Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #5,431 of 6,432
Quote:
Can u imagine if he would listen to a he500/lcd2-3/hd800/sr007-009 and the sort with the right amping..his head would explode like a vulcano..and he still would be a happy man..
biggrin.gif

ha, yep, i plan on getting real headphones soon, so his life will be short lived

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #5,432 of 6,432
Quote:
[/SPOILER]
Is it allowed to throw up now? But seriously..i have to admit..my first experience with headphones more expensive then 30 euros were bose in ear phones ..nooooo dont kill me..arrrrrggghh
biggrin.gif
but soon i saw the light an bought some q-jays and then westones um3x in 2011. And u can see guys where it got me..so yeah..we all say those brands (bose, beats and the like) are laughable soundwise...but i can guess lot of us had some kind of those phones in the past
biggrin.gif
and u see..i openly.with the danger of beng hanged here or even banned declare i had a pair....my audiophili started with a pair of bose in ear phones. Now i am going to hide.
biggrin.gif

Hey honestly I started with Beats Tour and went with Skullcandy Aviators.

But now I see the light... a nice bright light...

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #5,435 of 6,432
This thread is fun and revealing. The average person really is happy with just spending 10 bucks on some earbuds. Which is fine. But it seems to be more due to ignorance of what else is possible than anything else, which is kind of a shame.

So, I generally treat my audiophilia like a dark secret among those I know as I figure it will just get puzzled or judgemental reactions. Once though, I mentioned at work that I was waiting for some headphones to be delivered and was worried as the package hadn't shown up yet and the headphones were kind of expensive (HE-500s). Upon their hearing this, I was immediately asked if I had purchased Beats by Dre, as those are the most expensive of headphones. 

I was sorely tempted to start a bit of a long explanation at that point. But instead, I thought better of it and just stuck with "No, not exactly." 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #5,436 of 6,432
This thread is fun and revealing. The average person really is happy with just spending 10 bucks on some earbuds. Which is fine. But it seems to be more due to ignorance of what else is possible than anything else, which is kind of a shame.

So, I generally treat my audiophilia like a dark secret among those I know as I figure it will just get puzzled or judgemental reactions. Once though, I mentioned at work that I was waiting for some headphones to be delivered and was worried as the package hadn't shown up yet and the headphones were kind of expensive (HE-500s). Upon their hearing this, I was immediately asked if I had purchased Beats by Dre, as those are the most expensive of headphones. 

I was sorely tempted to start a bit of a long explanation at that point. But instead, I thought better of it and just stuck with "No, not exactly." :rolleyes:

Smart thinking :D and welcome to headfi!

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #5,438 of 6,432
So it's like DeoxIT?

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #5,439 of 6,432
Audio is so personal because if you believe it sounds good then it does. I always get the reaction that they sound good but then put there buds back in there ear but that's OK, not everyone cares about high quality home theater either and that's way better established in peoples minds.

Beats is the best thing to happen to the industry because people who become addicts to audio will dive in and find out what we know and those that only bought for fashion weren't going to be a part of this community any way.

I thank the success of the Beats, it was probably the reason that my favorite headphones were created, Sennheiser Momentum( finally got my se535 out of my ears).

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #5,440 of 6,432
Quote:
Interesting, I wonder if it would fix HD25 loose connectors

Haha me too i was wondering if it would fix the loose connection on my 3.5mm but it seems no one on head fi has tried it. And the reviews are few and some even saying that the nano liquid improves sound quality.
Quote:
So it's like DeoxIT?

Has the same purpose i would assume, which is to improve jack connection and improve the lifespan of it.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #5,441 of 6,432
Audio is so personal because if you believe it sounds good then it does. I always get the reaction that they sound good but then put there buds back in there ear but that's OK, not everyone cares about high quality home theater either and that's way better established in peoples minds.
Beats is the best thing to happen to the industry because people who become addicts to audio will dive in and find out what we know and those that only bought for fashion weren't going to be a part of this community any way.
I thank the success of the Beats, it was probably the reason that my favorite headphones were created, Sennheiser Momentum( finally got my se535 out of my ears).

True story! My original intentions of going to an audio store was for beats, but the guy there stopped me. Beats did not ruin the audio industry at all. Headphone sales, even audiophile headphones rose significantly when skullcandy and beats start to sell more and more different headphones. As much as I hot beats, I also want to thank them for turning me into an audiophile.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #5,442 of 6,432
True story! My original intentions of going to an audio store was for beats, but the guy there stopped me. Beats did not ruin the audio industry at all. Headphone sales, even audiophile headphones rose significantly when skullcandy and beats start to sell more and more different headphones. As much as I hot beats, I also want to thank them for turning me into an audiophile.

Beats convert, I am a 2 channel andhome theater(still love it) convert.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #5,443 of 6,432
Me: "Hey XXXX come up stairs and we will play some MW3"

Him: "ok"

*go upstairs and he sees all my music editing software open on my desktop with my headphones and all*

Him: "dear god"

Me: "oh hear, try these on"

*hand him a pair of AKG Q701s and put on a good led zeppelin song*

Him: "those sound fantastic, how much did you pay for them"

Me: "250 for the headphones, and 200 for the sound card"

Him: " wow that is stupid"

Me: "why"

Him: "well for that much you could have gotten some beats headphones and you wouldn't have had to buy a sound card to make them sound good"

Me: "I don't want to live on this planet anymore"

Hope you get a chuckle. :k701smile:

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #5,444 of 6,432
Quote:
Me: "Hey XXXX come up stairs and we will play some MW3"
Him: "ok"
*go upstairs and he sees all my music editing software open on my desktop with my headphones and all*
Him: "dear god"
Me: "oh hear, try these on"
*hand him a pair of AKG Q701s and put on a good led zeppelin song*
Him: "those sound fantastic, how much did you pay for them"
Me: "250 for the headphones, and 200 for the sound card"
Him: " wow that is stupid"
Me: "why"
Him: "well for that much you could have gotten some beats headphones and you wouldn't have had to buy a sound card to make them sound good"
Me: "I don't want to live on this planet anymore"
Hope you get a chuckle.
k701smile.gif

Just, hold on man. It will get better! I promise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back