Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Oct 22, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #5,072 of 6,432
Showed my friend esw9A's and he thinks they look ugly. The Frikken ESW9A!

ultimate-facepalm.jpg

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #5,074 of 6,432
Quote:
Showed my friend esw9A's and he thinks they look ugly. The Frikken ESW9A!

ultimate-facepalm.jpg

Well, truth be told, I'm not very fond of the ESW9A's styling, either. I'm a bigger fan of the ES7/ES10 looks.

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #5,077 of 6,432
So today in Electronics class there is this one kid who is a kind of a jerk. He is a semi-fan of Beats headphones.
though he saw my Grado SR80i's and looked intrigued.

even though he in a way Snatched my Grados to give them a listen from his Audio Device, he seemed to really like how they sound and asked me where i bought them and how much.

and i told him "Headphone.com"(headroom)

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #5,079 of 6,432
Quote:
the m50 isn't that good anyway.

Don't put 'em down. Sure, they're not much compared to what many of us have and they're not winning any bang-for-the-buck contests anymore, but the M50 is still quite a solid performer and the gist of the post was about the source, not the cans.

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #5,081 of 6,432
So today in Electronics class there is this one kid who is a kind of a jerk. He is a semi-fan of Beats headphones.
though he saw my Grado SR80i's and looked intrigued.

even though he in a way Snatched my Grados to give them a listen from his Audio Device, he seemed to really like how they sound and asked me where i bought them and how much.

and i told him "Headphone.com"(headroom)

the strange thing is you were listening to sr80i without a decent amp. grados don't sing with just a source. also I would of sent that kid to the hospital if he touched my headphones or equipment without asking.

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #5,082 of 6,432
Quote:

the strange thing is you were listening to sr80i without a decent amp. grados don't sing with just a source. also I would of sent that kid to the hospital if he touched my headphones or equipment without asking.

yea my heart sorta dropped when i saw him do that without my consent.. i mean im a Headphone purist but i just didnt like how people Man-handled my equipment.

plus yea, ive been deciding on an Amp to use with my sr80i's either a PA2V2 or a Headroom Total Airhead(since its on such a great deal right now)
people keep telling me that Sr80i's dont necessarily need amping, but i want hear it in its full potential.. plus save up the battery on my audio source as well..

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #5,083 of 6,432
the m50 isn't that good anyway. though they cost probably 2-3x less than what bose headphones do.

I agree with this, BUT the Bose are no better in my opinion.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #5,084 of 6,432
Quote:
I agree with this, BUT the Bose are no better in my opinion.

yea, i have neutral feelings about Bose headphones besides they're over-the-top price... Seriously that much doesnt seem worth it.. compared to more affordable options from Audio Technica, Sennheiser's tech, and the like.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #5,085 of 6,432
You can do a lot worse than the M50s at that price point. Yes there are some better options but preference also comes into play and even then I don't find there's something that's ridiculously better.

I just think it gets overhyped to hell. I'm not at all saying its bad, just that its not the end all be all budget headphone and that there are things quite a bit better at the price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back