Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Mar 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #1,531 of 6,432
I have a friend that I know is into music and sound stuff, so I asked him about headphones. He said that he used to have some $40 Logitech ones, but that's it. When I told him about my $100 pair (yeah I know that's nothing here), he was impressed and asked if they were Bose because those are nice. I then informed him about how bad Bose is for the price and he asked me what some good portable headphones are. 
biggrin.gif
I may soon convert another!

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #1,532 of 6,432
My old reaction to seeing people with big headphones like Senss and Beyers was "LOL why pay so much?"

Then, one time while at my freinds house (His father is a DJ), I got to try some sony studio moniters, I think they were the MDR-V6. I got hooked.Unfortunatly, being very young, I couldn`t get my parents to consider buying them. I repressed that for a few years.

Until last year when i tried to build a computer. Lurked on OCN`s Audio section, they referred me here, and now I`ve got a clip+ and HA-RX700`s shipping to me :D.

Moral of the story, keep convertin`. Theres alot of young kids who want something more from their music that apple and monster can`t deliver, and many of them sure as hell won`t find that info by themselves. 

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #1,538 of 6,432

Quote:
Well, I let two of my friends listen to my rig.

iPhone -> CypherLabs Solo -> Stepdance -> ATH W1000X

One said, "wow" and smiled and said he wanted to buy my rig.
The other said, it's "ok" but like the beats better because ofcourse a $2000 rig will sound much better.

I guess the 2nd one had a point :p

The second needs education about how his beats is overpriced, and there are headphones that sound as good as/better at 1/5 - 1/10 the price. I guess he'd be very impressed with XB-500 at $50.

Mar 20, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #1,541 of 6,432

Quote:
blink.gif
 What IEM should I tell him that he should've gotten?

just comment facepalm and them link him to some review on here that compares the tours to other iems.

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #1,544 of 6,432
Buddy of mine just ordered a pair of sr60i's. He's pumped. Can't for em' to get here. Gonna mod' em out and get him some new shells.

IT CAN BE DONE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back