Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 24, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #976 of 6,432

Quote:
I can fit that in a backpack....nah...nope not at all. 

I am actually considering a Stax Lambda original setup...and I haven't even gotten my most recent purchase: SM3. They should arrive tomorrow though. 

Haha wow you're worse than me. I at least wait for things to come before thinking of replacing them.

But forget about impressing people with those. I'm watching an ortho auction, but the shallowness in me refuses to bid $100 for something that looks so...plain when I can get a K601 and T50RP for cheaper.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #977 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
I am going to get a Stax setup, bring it to school, and convert everybody. 

Yeah, that'll work.
rolleyes.gif
You only have to carry...the headphones, the energizer, speaker amp, DAC, and source, or you could get a stat amp, but still need the headphones, DAC, and source. You'll have to bring 2 backpacks that day. Not that I'd trust anyone at my school with using a Stax setup. Not to mention, south of Omegas, everyone will say they have no bass.

I'd like to point out that DAC and source are the same thing. I believe you mean DAC and transport.

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #979 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am going to get a Stax setup, bring it to school, and convert everybody. 

Yeah, that'll work.
rolleyes.gif
You only have to carry...the headphones, the energizer, speaker amp, DAC, and source, or you could get a stat amp, but still need the headphones, DAC, and source. You'll have to bring 2 backpacks that day. Not that I'd trust anyone at my school with using a Stax setup. Not to mention, south of Omegas, everyone will say they have no bass.

I'd like to point out that DAC and source are the same thing. I believe you mean DAC and transport.

Meh. I was thinking the same thing as I was typing, but I couldn't think of the right word and figured people wouldn't knock me for my misuse of the word "source."

On the random side of things, I wasn't able to get home in time to bid on the Yamaha YHE-50's that just ended. And it went $20 less than my budget.
mad.gif

I was going to corrupt people into the ortho sound portably...

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #980 of 6,432

Quote:
KuKurBuKu, GTFO. XD
I have seen it called that way before. Since the transport is the source of the signal is it not?

It's cool to call it the source, they're both components of the wonderful thing that takes a disc and pleasures my ears.

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #981 of 6,432
It's not like it makes any sense.  When I think of source, I think of the file I'm listening to.

Jan 24, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #984 of 6,432
Jan 24, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #985 of 6,432
Sort of a side note, I was at Target yesterday and decided to pick up a pair of SkullCandy Ink'd IEM's. lol.

I must say, they're not as bad as I was expecting. They don't exactly have detail, or any sort of clarity... the sound coming out of them is a bit muffled... not veiled like my Sennheiser IE8's, the SC's are muffled... Don't know how else to explain it. lol. The bass is a bit much; however, overall, they are still better than I was expecting, and I still feel they're actually better than the stock ipod earbuds. They came with 3 different set of tips, and when I tried the large tips, versus the medium tips, the bass actually toned down quite a bit. lol. The overall build quality of the IEM's aren't too bad, although the cables aren't very nice... I'd say they're on par with the Meelectric M2's I had, maybe slightly better.

For $16, I can see why they're attractive to people who don't spend time on this forum. They're cheap, and have a lot of bass, which is what a lot of people like. Honestly, I would think they're pretty damn good for the money if I've never tried anything outside of the stock ipod earbuds.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #988 of 6,432
im more of a grado fan myself, as im a at home rock listening . =). and i cant wait to see my own reaction to the 325I when i buy them.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #989 of 6,432

Quote:
Sort of a side note, I was at Target yesterday and decided to pick up a pair of SkullCandy Ink'd IEM's. lol.

I must say, they're not as bad as I was expecting. They don't exactly have detail, or any sort of clarity... the sound coming out of them is a bit muffled... not veiled like my Sennheiser IE8's, the SC's are muffled... Don't know how else to explain it. lol. The bass is a bit much; however, overall, they are still better than I was expecting, and I still feel they're actually better than the stock ipod earbuds. They came with 3 different set of tips, and when I tried the large tips, versus the medium tips, the bass actually toned down quite a bit. lol. The overall build quality of the IEM's aren't too bad, although the cables aren't very nice... I'd say they're on par with the Meelectric M2's I had, maybe slightly better.

For $16, I can see why they're attractive to people who don't spend time on this forum. They're cheap, and have a lot of bass, which is what a lot of people like. Honestly, I would think they're pretty damn good for the money if I've never tried anything outside of the stock ipod earbuds.

that is what I think too, however, being satisfied with muffled is only for the huddled, ignorant masses! we must rise above mediocrity and strive for CLARITY!! hahaha 

this hobby will be the death of my wallet :p 

on another note I got my dad a pair of superlux hd681s and I will update you guys when they reach him and he can give me some impressions, the only thing I worry about is whether or not it has an 5mm to 3.5mm adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back