Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 23, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #961 of 6,432

Quote:
also i cannot compare the logitechs to anything as i am more of a headphone guy over speaker guy. so i havn't tried any other brands other then logitech. but when i listen more clearly these logitech speakers they have a very muddy sound to them and they tend to have a boomy bass that doesnt match the music at all. i will listen to music that has no bass and it has this really annoying boomy bass to it. my headphones sound much better.

i will go as far as to say it hurts my ears.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #962 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
also i cannot compare the logitechs to anything as i am more of a headphone guy over speaker guy. so i havn't tried any other brands other then logitech. but when i listen more clearly these logitech speakers they have a very muddy sound to them and they tend to have a boomy bass that doesnt match the music at all. i will listen to music that has no bass and it has this really annoying boomy bass to it. my headphones sound much better.

you know you can edit posts, right?
confused.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #963 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you know you can edit posts, right?
confused.gif

ya i know. but i wasn't thinking at the time. anyways to keep on topic i started a new thread on headphones vs speakers.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #964 of 6,432

Quote:

What Logitechs? I've never heard a pair of reasonably priced dedicated computer speakers (as in if I can get a nice pair of non-computer speakers for the price of computer speakers, screw it, it's not worth getting computer speakers. I'll find ways to make the nicer speakers work) that are good enough to warrant listening to music over headphones of the same price range, but good speakers in general, imo, are leagues better than headphones for long sessions of music, since it's so much easier to get immersed in sound, at the cost of detail and such for the price. But I digress.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #965 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

What Logitechs? I've never heard a pair of reasonably priced dedicated computer speakers (as in if I can get a nice pair of non-computer speakers for the price of computer speakers, screw it, it's not worth getting computer speakers. I'll find ways to make the nicer speakers work) that are good enough to warrant listening to music over headphones of the same price range, but good speakers in general, imo, are leagues better than headphones for long sessions of music, since it's so much easier to get immersed in sound, at the cost of detail and such for the price. But I digress.

logitech 5.1 surround x 530. keep in mind i only use the 2 front speakers and a subwoofer. as my laptop cant use the other speakers.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #966 of 6,432
That's exactly it.  After listening to my DT-990's for a couple months, I turned my Z-5500's on and I wasn't pleased with the sound whatsoever. I'm actually thinking of selling them. But they absolutely have their place in the market.  For the high-end gamer, they're definitely the best money can buy for computer audio.

Quote:
Quote:
whats wrong with logitech speakers. i thought they were really good for the price. im listening to some logitech speakers right now.

Yeah, but we've already established that you're deaf :) They're fine for the price, just not really hi-fi by any means.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #967 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

logitech 5.1 surround x 530. keep in mind i only use the 2 front speakers and a subwoofer. as my laptop cant use the other speakers.

My teacher uses those in class. They're pretty meh sounding altogether. If you're basing speakers totally off of that, then you're missing out.

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #968 of 6,432
So today I walked over to my friends house with my sr80is, and I let my friends all listen to them. My music oriented friend (me and him used to listen to all the same bands and always talked about music) told me they were the best things he had ever heard. 
biggrin.gif
 I let him borrow them for a week or two (I have another pair that's already woodied). My other two friends (1 has significant hearing loss and the other only got to listen for like 10 seconds) said they sounded "good."

I told my friend that he should come back over and hear my other headphones.

I think that I might have just created an audiophile.

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #970 of 6,432

Quote:
I am going to get a Stax setup, bring it to school, and convert everybody. 

Yeah, that'll work.
rolleyes.gif
You only have to carry...the headphones, the energizer, speaker amp, DAC, and source, or you could get a stat amp, but still need the headphones, DAC, and source. You'll have to bring 2 backpacks that day. Not that I'd trust anyone at my school with using a Stax setup. Not to mention, south of Omegas, everyone will say they have no bass.

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #971 of 6,432
I can fit that in a backpack....nah...nope not at all. 

I am actually considering a Stax Lambda original setup...and I haven't even gotten my most recent purchase: SM3. They should arrive tomorrow though. 

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #972 of 6,432
Found this gem in an anti-Beats thread

Quote:
Its ridic how people can even compare them to bose headphones. Bose has been doing this for years. Dr Dre probably went to China, payed em to make a pair of headphones, and stamped his name on it. Much rather bump some music with a pair of some nice bose headphones.

No comment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back