Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 6, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #707 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
This is what happened today, verbatim:

Teacher: Hey are those Beats?
Kid: No they are Skullcandy's. But they were expensive though!
Teacher: Oh, Beats are really amazing! I know Alex (me) would disagree since they aren't DJ headphones.
Teacher cont.: The Beats are amazing. It is as if you are sitting there in a concert. The bass is amazing even if it is plugged into an iPod!

I told this teacher a few months ago that Beats were overrated. This was when I got my first real 'phones, Grado SR225i. She disagreed arbitrarily. 

It's safe to say this didn't make Alex happy.

On a positive note, my friend that got the NuForce NE-6 likes them. He loves how well they isolate. 

I rechecked the Beats at Best Buy (had to pick up a short-term cable whilst waiting for Amazon) since I hadn't since I got my HD 650s.

I'm baffled.  I can see why so many people have made it their crusade to keep their loved ones away from these muddy mucked up crap-phones.

It's only because these things are sold in Best Buy etc. that they are getting traction.  Put 'em next to an HD 650 with DAC and Amp and they'd be totally neglected.

LOL, bright teacher huh?

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #709 of 6,432
What's an HD 680?  Have I accidentally time-warped again?

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #712 of 6,432
Being in highschool, all the kids think bass is so important. So when it doesn't have enough bass, they think it doesn't sound good, and they go back to their beats.

Christmas seemed to bring beats under everyone's tree, I've never seen so many in my high school before.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #713 of 6,432

Quote:
Being in highschool, all the kids think bass is so important. So when it doesn't have enough bass, they think it doesn't sound good, and they go back to their beats.

Christmas seemed to bring beats under everyone's tree, I've never seen so many in my high school before.

exact same thing for me

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #714 of 6,432

Quote:
This is what happened today, verbatim:

Teacher: Hey are those Beats?
Kid: No they are Skullcandy's. But they were expensive though!
Teacher: Oh, Beats are really amazing! I know Alex (me) would disagree since they aren't DJ headphones.
Teacher cont.: The Beats are amazing. It is as if you are sitting there in a concert. The bass is amazing even if it is plugged into an iPod!

I told this teacher a few months ago that Beats were overrated. This was when I got my first real 'phones, Grado SR225i. She disagreed arbitrarily. 

It's safe to say this didn't make Alex happy.

On a positive note, my friend that got the NuForce NE-6 likes them. He loves how well they isolate. 

Anyone around you have a pair of M50's/CD900ST/Ultrasones/uhh...what are other actual DJ style headphones that have actual good bass?

Quote:
I should bring my $500 beginner setup to class, just for giggles. Do you guys this she'll be wooed by the K702? 
redface.gif

Doubt it. Probably won't be bassy enough.

As a side note, girlfriend said her ibuds sound crappy and wants something new. Wonder if she'll like the Fanny Wangs.
wink_face.gif

^^^Basically. PortaPros don't have enough bass apparently.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #715 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

exact same thing for me

same here i have seen far to many beats in my school. they are only the solos but hay. when theirs break and they have to go back to the ibuds i will still be rocking my shure srh750dj headphones and they will be like What. my phones were more expensive then yours is what they will say. but mine are still working and theres are in the dump. i have had people with beats in my school tell me they are the best headphones in the world. when they are not even close. my shures are better but they wont even take a listen. they are that stubborn.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #716 of 6,432

Quote:
i have had people with beats in my school tell me they are the best headphones in the world. when they are not even close.

Real life needs hyperlinks.  Then you could easily direct them to the C32 thread or something. (Is there an R10 thread?)

When some idiot starts starts trying to brag how his beats cost more than your 'phones and are the best in the world you could direct them to someone who owns a $6000 pair of headphones and watch the color drain from their face.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #717 of 6,432

Quote:

Quote:
i have had people with beats in my school tell me they are the best headphones in the world. when they are not even close.

Real life needs hyperlinks.  Then you could easily direct them to the C32 thread or something. (Is there an R10 thread?)

When some idiot starts starts trying to brag how his beats cost more than your 'phones and are the best in the world you could direct them to someone who owns a $6000 pair of headphones and watch the color drain from their face.

or direct him to a link of the $1700 grados.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #718 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

or edition 10's

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #720 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

If they ask, I just stretch the truth a little and say my Sennheiser HD 600s were $500 and are made of carbon fiber.  MSRP is $519.95 anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back