Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Oct 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #4,966 of 6,432
I brought my setup to my girlfriend's house because I saw her father had a fairly nice (but old) mcintosh speaker setup.
Brought over my HD800 wth the algorhythm solo and O2.
Her entire family (parents and grandparents) loved them xD
They were using them for over an hour.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #4,967 of 6,432
Two kids tried my Koss ProDJ100's and one didn't want to take it off while the other said "this is amazing". 

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #4,968 of 6,432
Quote:
Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto, Ontario, Canada has such a setup. I go there all the time to test and evaluate headphones; especially the HD800.

I'm not entirely sure I trust an audio shop who's headphone section headline on the Google results advertises "The Bose Experience", but I guess they have to make their money somehow while catering to us at the same time for peanuts.

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #4,969 of 6,432
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure I trust an audio shop who's headphone section headline on the Google results advertises "The Bose Experience", but I guess they have to make their money somehow while catering to us at the same time for peanuts.

well at least you can try on the headphones yourself, afterall your ears are the judge

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #4,970 of 6,432
Quote:

they have a separate bose shop above
below they have all the sennheiser headphones, denons, shures, grados, b&w, shures...
pretty much the mainstreamish audiophile offerings

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #4,971 of 6,432
Got my first set of audiophile headphones last week... The highest "caliber" headphones that hit my ears before this were Klipsch S4's but i dove right in and bought a set of HD 650's. When i first got them i listened to them and thought they sounded good but not a huge difference. But then my ears started to open up and actually listen to the depth available. whole new world. Couldn't believe how narrow my hearing was before. After a 3 hour run at work i hop in my car to head home and realize how ****ty my "premium" fender audio sounds in my Jetta. The headphones have tainted my ears and they crave quality now. There is no turning back now. My JDS C421 should arrive tomorrow 
biggrin.gif
 (my wallet is still recovering from the Senn's or i would have had a crack coming, maybe even a valhalla/Bifrost)

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #4,974 of 6,432
I  had my headphones at my girlfriend's house and my girlfriend's father said he had a pair of fairly cheap (probably like $40-$50) noise cancelling headphones, I think they may have been JVC or Sony. He knew they weren't great but he said they were good enough. I decided to line up that pair with my other pairs and we listened to the same same song on each pair, starting with his, then a Sennheiser HD202, an Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, then my Denon D5000. He got more happy/sad with each one because he could tell the obvious changes in quality, but each time realized how bad his pair was. He even noticed how much better the Sennheiser HD202 was.

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #4,975 of 6,432
Quote:
I  had my headphones at my girlfriend's house and my girlfriend's father said he had a pair of fairly cheap (probably like $40-$50) noise cancelling headphones, I think they may have been JVC or Sony. He knew they weren't great but he said they were good enough. I decided to line up that pair with my other pairs and we listened to the same same song on each pair, starting with his, then a Sennheiser HD202, an Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, then my Denon D5000. He got more happy/sad with each one because he could tell the obvious changes in quality, but each time realized how bad his pair was. He even noticed how much better the Sennheiser HD202 was.

May be one day you will see him using D7000, if you guide him all the way through.

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #4,976 of 6,432
Quote:
May be one day you will see him using D7000, if you guide him all the way through.

Haha that would be great, but I doubt it. I did get to pick out the components and create his home theater though. It wasn't anything crazy, but for the budget we had, I think it is really good. It was also a huge upgrade from the Bose set that they used to have which actually cost more 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back