Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jul 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #4,636 of 6,432
I listen to analytical equipment, so most people don't appreciate my hisoundaudio golden crystals, and mock my grado sr60. Especially when the Arizona heat warped the plastic where the metal rod connects to the cup. Nothing super glue couldn't fix.

People loved my klipsch x10 to the point to where they decided to liberate me of them a while ago. Found the Guy who stole them, but I can't really do anything about it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #4,639 of 6,432
Quote:

Good luck! I probably should have waited for those instead (I got the K242s a few weeks before the K550s were released). At least your cans won't be amp dependent. Then again, trying out amps is half the fun of owning hi-fi cans :wink:

true.. even if you put an amp on the 550s they will improve only a little bit, not really worth buying an amp for it, but ohh well. takes long saving up lunch money to get these lol

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #4,640 of 6,432
Yes because authorities are going to do something about $94 piece of personal electronics, and I'm totally going to confront someone three times my size.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Theft is theft. Where I work, if someone picks up and keeps $10 on the ground that belongs to someone who accidentally lost it we have to arrest them and bar them for life from our establishment.
("Theft by finding" its called)
If you report it to the police they are legally obligated to investigate it and act on their findings. If you provide proof of purchase and this idiot is found with those headphones by the police, you'll not only get them back or receive compensation for them, but numbnuts will also be charged with theft and have a criminal record which limits his employment opportunities drastically.

Don't let scum get away with treating anyone badly. Stand up for yourself and teach them a lesson.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #4,641 of 6,432
Quote:
Theft is theft. Where I work, if someone finds $10 on the ground that belongs to someone who accidentally lost it we have to arrest them and bar them for life from our establishment.
("Theft by finding" its called)
If you report it to the police they are legally obligated to investigate it and act on their findings. If you provide proof of purchase and this idiot is found with those headphones by the police, you'll not only get them back or receive compensation for them, but numbnuts will also be charged with theft and have a criminal record which limits his employment opportunities drastically.
Don't let scum get away with treating anyone badly. Stand up for yourself and teach them a lesson.

As non-confrontational as I am, I'll have to agree with this guy. Besides, even if you don't get much out of getting the thief into trouble, it's still the "good" thing to do. Whether or not it's the "right" thing to do is entirely up to you.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #4,643 of 6,432
cant wait to let my friends who either dont beleive in headphones (but bought a 600$ ipod), beleive beats are the best or claim they love music but listen to 7$ earphones. idk if this makes me a jerk but i have a friend with a beats pro who wants to challenge me when i get my akg k550, i told him itll be like beating up a defenceless child ;p.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #4,644 of 6,432
Quote:
cant wait to let my friends who either dont beleive in headphones (but bought a 600$ ipod), beleive beats are the best or claim they love music but listen to 7$ earphones. idk if this makes me a jerk but i have a friend with a beats pro who wants to challenge me when i get my akg k550, i told him itll be like beating up a defenceless child ;p.

Well there are two types of music lovers. Those who cares about the best equipments or those who care more on the music.
Anyway AKG will have 'different' sound to beats, so your 'whats better' game will not work :wink: 

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #4,645 of 6,432
Quote:

Eh, the K550 has totally different merits. Someone that likes Beats definitely won't enjoy the K550 unless you have him listen to an acoustic song which wouldn't have much bass anyways.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #4,646 of 6,432
Quote:

Eh, the K550 has totally different merits. Someone that likes Beats definitely won't enjoy the K550 unless you have him listen to an acoustic song which wouldn't have much bass anyways.

+1

For non audiophile (or lets just say those who care less with the speakers) will react more on the punchy bass.
Often Bass quality is what people like and judge the performance of speakers. 
There is a reason why people say Beats are amazing!

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #4,647 of 6,432
Quote:

+1

For non audiophile (or lets just say those who care less with the speakers) will react more on the punchy bass.
Often Bass quality is what people like and judge the performance of speakers. 
There is a reason why people say Beats are amazing!

Though when you stop and think about it, it's not that people are looking for better/punchier bass (they're nearly synonymous in my mind), but for more bass, the kind of mud that drowns out every other frequency in the spectrum which makes it seem even more overwhelming.

Sadly, though Beats claim to be "basshead" cans, they can't even do that part right. Well, that's excepting the Pro line, which is nevertheless extremely overpriced.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #4,649 of 6,432
Quote:
oh yeah i wasnt gonna fight the bass battle,lol.but really can ones ears survive on bass alone?*he claims to hear drums realistically on them

I find that hard to believe. Maybe he was talking about the type of drums you get on that one iPad application? I don't own one, but I remember trying it out on my friend's gadget :p

Seriously though, any decent musician should, in my opinion, be well-acquainted enough with his or her instrument that they'd be able to tell that Beats sound waaay far from realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back