Noise Canceling Headphones - Grado Labs?
Dec 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

awumbologist

New Head-Fier
So, I've looked all over these forums, and the obvious first-pick for a good pair of headphones for Rock or Metal (my favorite genres of music) are the Grado Labs SR60i and SR80i. I was just wondering, are they noise canceling? I am guessing not, but at the same time I never considered how important it is to have noise canceling headphones. Should I spend more to get noise canceling headphones? If so, which pair of noise canceling headphones is best (in respect to my taste of music)? I have a budget of about $300 or maybe a bit more, so what do you guys think?

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 3
The Grados are not noise-cancelling. Grado doesn't even have a closed-back headphone up to date, let alone noise-cancelling. They are all open and leak noise in/out.

Unless you travel by airplane a lot, noise-cancelling is a waste of money. The best noise-cancelling pair in the market right now is the Bose QC15, but the sound is pretty average.

up to 300 bucks with isolation for rock/metal, check out Beyer DT770, Sennheiser HD 25/Amperior and Audio Technica A900X.

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
So, I've looked all over these forums, and the obvious first-pick for a good pair of headphones for Rock or Metal (my favorite genres of music) are the Grado Labs SR60i and SR80i. I was just wondering, are they noise canceling? I am guessing not, but at the same time I never considered how important it is to have noise canceling headphones. Should I spend more to get noise canceling headphones? If so, which pair of noise canceling headphones is best (in respect to my taste of music)? I have a budget of about $300 or maybe a bit more, so what do you guys think?

Noise cancelling Grados? Son, now that there's an oxymoron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back