NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Sep 6, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #167 of 928
Down to Audiofly, Savants and the soon to be dropped CA built CIEM's on Massdrop. Can't listen to any of them before hand and I hate that. Just back from Japan where I got to audition all the JH, Campfire Lyra and many others. I know I now want a pair of in ears but I can't afford more than 700 or so. It seems like the Savant really is a mid bass up unit compared to the other two in looking at. Has anyone heard the Audiofly and can compare? Is there a graph on the Savants anywhere? How does the Savant sound Vs the CA lower priced EI3 I think it is? Thanks all. I really do like what I've seen and heard about Noble as a company and even passed their contact info to a good size dealer in NJ who is leaning about portable high end audio. Thanks and I hope to see a few replies.

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #168 of 928
I measured the Savant again yesterday at the NZ Head-Fi Meet.  I was never happy with my original measurement as whilst I knew the sub-bass rolled off, the original graph I did showed too much roll-off, and really didn't represent how the Savants sounded.  So I arranged to have the tour unit at the Meet so I could remeasure again - this time using a decent coupler (pretty sure my last one was losing seal).

New graph below.

My  mic still needs finer recalibration - but I think this graph is far closer to their real frequency response.

I really liked them.

Sep 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #169 of 928
Thanks for the graph. I realize that you can't go by measurements in audio (I have a very high end system and understand that you can't graph great sound.  That said, you can get an idea of what you will be missing etc...  I need to put the CA's graph up against this one to get an idea of how much bass I'd be missing. I listen to some music that has a fair amount of info in the 40's and some lower.  Lot's of high rez stuff and I'm a bit concerned that I wouldn't get tight tuneful and deep bass on the Savants based on what others are saying about them.  Not a deal breaker at all, but something to think about.

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #170 of 928
These look great.  Can anyone compare these to the Fidue a83?  What i really like about the a83 is how i feel like im in the studio when i hear the drums.

From memory, The A83 has bit more bass quantity and depth. The Savant is still closer to neutral despite the slight bump in mid bass. Mids is more upfront on the Savant so it's a bit better for vocals and string instruments. Highs is more coherent and refined on the Savant although the A83 is not far behind. They are a bit similar in sound signature but the Savant is closer to neutral.

This is all from memory... Hopefully H20Fidelity can provide a more accurate comparison when he gets to review the Savant.

I measured the Savant again yesterday at the NZ Head-Fi Meet.  I was never happy with my original measurement as whilst I knew the sub-bass rolled off, the original graph I did showed too much roll-off, and really didn't represent how the Savants sounded.  So I arranged to have the tour unit at the Meet so I could remeasure again - this time using a decent coupler (pretty sure my last one was losing seal).

New graph below.

My  mic still needs finer recalibration - but I think this graph is far closer to their real frequency response.

I really liked them.

Thanks for sharing Brooko, I'm glad you got to use a more accurate setup. Great work! Looks a lot closer to my impressions of the Savant.

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #171 of 928

New graph below.

I really liked them.

Maybe you just need a better seal for a more consistent SPL?

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #172 of 928
No - the new coupler works great now - no seal issues.  I just need a finer calibration and I'm good to go :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #173 of 928
Thanks to all or sharing. I"m learning a ton.  I really wish these IEM's were in stores like they are in Japan.  It's nearly impossible to make a hi end purchase this way as it's site unseen let alone unlistenable.  Now I'm bummed I don't have the funds for the K10's, lol.  I'm spoiled by the home system and realize that I've really been missing GREAT bass over the years as I have a  lot of tracks that are high rez (well over 256GB of WAV in 196.  I can't always remember the numbers, but you guys get the point, lol).  

Not a bass head, just want neutral with what is on the recordings.  Will I be unhappy with the Savant is the biggest question.  I don't want to be disrespectful on a Noble thread, especially since the owners seem like great guys.  Thanks.

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #174 of 928
  No - the new coupler works great now - no seal issues.  I just need a finer calibration and I'm good to go :)

Are you by some chance using a 2cc?

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #175 of 928
  Thanks to all or sharing. I"m learning a ton.  I really wish these IEM's were in stores like they are in Japan.  It's nearly impossible to make a hi end purchase this way as it's site unseen let alone unlistenable.  Now I'm bummed I don't have the funds for the K10's, lol.  I'm spoiled by the home system and realize that I've really been missing GREAT bass over the years as I have a  lot of tracks that are high rez (well over 256GB of WAV in 196.  I can't always remember the numbers, but you guys get the point, lol).  

Not a bass head, just want neutral with what is on the recordings.  Will I be unhappy with the Savant is the biggest question.  I don't want to be disrespectful on a Noble thread, especially since the owners seem like great guys.  Thanks.

Will I be unhappy with the Savant is the biggest question

Jump to 11.30

Jude:   " I cant, off the top of my head, think of a universal fit in ear, that I can say is better....."

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 7, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #176 of 928
  Are you by some chance using a 2cc?

Vibra Veritas coupling system.  ARTA measurement software.

Quote:

Jude:   " I cant, off the top of my head, think of a universal fit in ear, that I can say is better....."

Yes - it is an incredibly well tuned IEM John, and so comfortable.  If I hadn't already paid for the 1964 Ears U6 (should be arriving soon hopefully), I would have bought a Savant.  It really ticked just about all of my boxes.

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #177 of 928

Yes - it is an incredibly well tuned IEM John, and so comfortable.  If I hadn't already paid for the 1964 Ears U6 (should be arriving soon hopefully), I would have bought a Savant.  It really ticked just about all of my boxes.

You are still allowed to buy the Savant, I give you permission.

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #178 of 928

You are still allowed to buy the Savant, I give you permission.

Thanks.  I'll let my wife know you've given me the thumbs up.  I don't think the reaction will be - favourable 
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #180 of 928

I have my eyes on the U6 as well...Brooko your reviews are always a great read and very helpful and I will look forward to your thoughts on U6, perhaps versus Savant if on hand to compare.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back