NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Feb 13, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #916 of 928
Actually we have been working on this for some time but didnt want to announce it as we didnt want to steal the thunder from the Khan.

Regardless, we have been building inventory, all are hand made (no alloy face plates thus far)

They will be at the NYC Canjam, shown at Hong Kong and Singapore in March

Now it will steal the limelight of khan
So if we go on history lesson

Genghis khan died making Ögedei khan his successor and burning city of CIA(destroying it).

Kublai khan was one who united China into one land.

So khan goes with that name
Am I right

Savant is going towards scientists
Savant II must be inspired by Einstein's speech.

Well if you can make an IEM from these quotes, then I believe you are a true wizard

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." So said Albert Einstein, and his famous aphorism has been the source of endless debate between believers and non-believers wanting to claim the greatest scientist of the 20th century as their own.

And one more
Once a reporter ask him
Do you believe in god and gods creation

He replied
I believe in god, as I want to know how he creates this world.

OK back to main topic

I have been making hearing aids as a social service in india, for old age people and children with birth defects(bone conduction).

I was thinking of putting bone conduction driver on earguide part of CIEM, inside ear(sonion bone conduction).(project closed for now)
It sounds amazing but off phase.

So what do we really expect from savant II now.
Is it mid bass boosted or subbass boosted

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #917 of 928
Actually we have been working on this for some time but didnt want to announce it as we didnt want to steal the thunder from the Khan.

Regardless, we have been building inventory, all are hand made (no alloy face plates thus far)

They will be at the NYC Canjam, shown at Hong Kong and Singapore in March

I wish i have some money so i can get to spore so i can compare my savant to savant II

Yup, in near future
Wizard class will become Wish-maker class.

Believe me.
(From games, that class is above wizard and wizard classes)

Well, I dont consider Savant as audiophile or HiFi.
I consider it critical listening. With proper source, it does better work than etymotic as it spreads the stage while keeping Ety type tuning..

10kHz peak, ety has it
2kHz and 3kHz kurtosis peak, ety has it.
Linear bass and mids, ety have it

But at the same time, slightly more bass and way bigger location tracking, ety doesn't have it.

Savant shouldn't be called as an audiophile gear, but critical listening gear.

Sage is like EX1000 of Sony

Then Sony MDR7550 pro is Savant.

That's my review

What game is that?
I always thought its Mage -> Wizard

Feb 17, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #919 of 928
@FullCircle
can i request something

well i have been seeing graphs and reading review

and the review by @Takeanidea just hit me right on the spot
then i saw some measurements by @Brooko and some other website

the savant doesnt do 20kHz, it just drops off
and the air is missing is i recently experienced(can be effect of reading reviews).

So....Mr. wizard, can we ask for some air.
i know you will fulfill this kid's dream...

plss

but if savant II got air and the subbass extension
then what will happen to katana or encore?????:ksc75smile:

purple rain song is amazing

try this with savant 1st gen

mids and treble is on point on savant
Sage is treble sharp in guitar but seems boosted and vibrant, sibilant sometimes

soundstage expands at "woooaah come with me now" chorus like the iem is making joke at my playlist "This is all you got"(way big, i mean bigger than kaiser encore if paired with benchmark DAC2HGC on unity gain)

savant drums have less airy treble and less impact bass but mids tuning is something which expands it like no other.

makes me remember AKG 501

Blackpink AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST
this tracks have a lot of complex passage and need blackness to prove the stage
Savant slows the details for me, that was weird feeling. it was like Custom Art FIBAE 1(Custom Art did it better), but with way bigger stage and blackness(air noise was missing, so unwanted blackness can be distracting but the blackness proves the IEM capabilities).

biggest stage from 2way driver, blackest stage from 2drivers(if paired with true good quality amp).

True review

but my pair is DIY, since the wizard savant was gifted to cousin and i like to DIY

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #920 of 928
@FullCircle
can i request something

well i have been seeing graphs and reading review

and the review by @Takeanidea just hit me right on the spot
then i saw some measurements by @Brooko and some other website

the savant doesnt do 20kHz, it just drops off
and the air is missing is i recently experienced(can be effect of reading reviews).

So....Mr. wizard, can we ask for some air.
i know you will fulfill this kid's dream...

plss

but if savant II got air and the subbass extension
then what will happen to katana or encore?????:ksc75smile:

purple rain song is amazing

try this with savant 1st gen

mids and treble is on point on savant
Sage is treble sharp in guitar but seems boosted and vibrant, sibilant sometimes

soundstage expands at "woooaah come with me now" chorus like the iem is making joke at my playlist "This is all you got"(way big, i mean bigger than kaiser encore if paired with benchmark DAC2HGC on unity gain)

savant drums have less airy treble and less impact bass but mids tuning is something which expands it like no other.

makes me remember AKG 501

Blackpink AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST
this tracks have a lot of complex passage and need blackness to prove the stage
Savant slows the details for me, that was weird feeling. it was like Custom Art FIBAE 1(Custom Art did it better), but with way bigger stage and blackness(air noise was missing, so unwanted blackness can be distracting but the blackness proves the IEM capabilities).

biggest stage from 2way driver, blackest stage from 2drivers(if paired with true good quality amp).

True review

but my pair is DIY, since the wizard savant was gifted to cousin and i like to DIY

Long.post

Brokos graphs were inaccurate, and he latter addressed that, so I am not sure which graphs u saw.

That's as much as I want to talk about graphs as I find the topic to be rather tedious.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 17, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #921 of 928
Long.post

Brokos graphs were inaccurate, and he latter addressed that, so I am not sure which graphs u saw.

That's as much as I want to talk about graphs as I find the topic to be rather tedious.

well its okay
i did read it on his review, they were not calibrated properly

but the review and my impression matches

and i did gave my review on music i listened
and i am still impressed from savant and kaiser encore, sage were not able to give
Katana was able to give that sort of feeling in sound but to clinical with mids whereas savant was like vibrancy effect in mids(Vibrancy is saturating the surrounding pixel from main pixel in a controlled factor manner). Treble seems less but also not offensive but as i put it into AMB amps or tube amps, it becomes weirdly sharp and offensive and mids become overpowered

the rising impedance do have bad effects even if it is small

anybody who must be buying savant must go for better sources or smartphone due to extreme low impedance or zero from source

source is Benchmark Media DAC II HGC, Neurochrome HP 1, AGDR CMOY and O2 upgraded + Booster board. all are zero ohm impedance amps(True zero)

but in the end, i love savant
and i hate tube and bad design amps

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #922 of 928
20 Hz is felt rather than heard, and practically no BA I know will do sub-bass in volume that low (except the likes of Shures 846 and their special tech). Even CA’s Andro won’t do copious amounts of sub-bass. That’s why a lot of manufacturers go hybrid.

John’s Savant remains today one of the two best dual BAs I’ve heard. The other being the qJays. To get either to have elevated sub-bass, you’d need an extra driver solely for the sub 60Hz region. IMO the Savant doesn’t need it. If you want a sub-bass elevated (but clean) BA try the ES3 triple driver or the SE846 quad. I’m sure John has something in his line which would also suit.

Feb 17, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #923 of 928
20 Hz is felt rather than heard, and practically no BA I know will do sub-bass in volume that low (except the likes of Shures 846 and their special tech). Even CA’s Andro won’t do copious amounts of sub-bass. That’s why a lot of manufacturers go hybrid.

John’s Savant remains today one of the two best dual BAs I’ve heard. The other being the qJays. To get either to have elevated sub-bass, you’d need an extra driver solely for the sub 60Hz region. IMO the Savant doesn’t need it. If you want a sub-bass elevated (but clean) BA try the ES3 triple driver or the SE846 quad. I’m sure John has something in his line which would also suit.
I mean 20kHz extension point and some air

Feb 17, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #924 of 928
No measurements are accurate on hobbyist equipment past about 9-10 kHz, and even on lab equipment you’d need an acoustic chamber to measure accurately.

Realistically when music is playing no-one hears anything past about 15-16 kHz anyway. Read up on auditory masking. So the figures you are stating don’t make sense.

The Savant has plenty of air - it’s domething BAs do exceptionally well IMO.

I think the “air” you’re probably referring to will more likely occur in the 8-15 kHz range, and will solely depend on the harmonics of the individual instruments you are listening to.

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #925 of 928
No measurements are accurate on hobbyist equipment past about 9-10 kHz, and even on lab equipment you’d need an acoustic chamber to measure accurately.

Realistically when music is playing no-one hears anything past about 15-16 kHz anyway. Read up on auditory masking. So the figures you are stating don’t make sense.

The Savant has plenty of air - it’s domething BAs do exceptionally well IMO.

I think the “air” you’re probably referring to will more likely occur in the 8-15 kHz range, and will solely depend on the harmonics of the individual instruments you are listening to.
Yup.
I said that Kongos come with me know song drum hits have good impact but doesn't have instruments air flariness

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #926 of 928
Yup.
I said that Kongos come with me know song drum hits have good impact but doesn't have instruments air flariness

http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

No percussion instrument except cymbals/hi-hats etc has harmonics affecting "air" above about 12 kHz

Suggestion - go to this page http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/
Set at 1kHz at a comfortable listening level. It should still be comfortable (without touching the volume) at 500 Hz, 3 kHz and 6 kHz. Now slide it (without touching the volume) and see how high you can really hear. I have no idea of your age or listening acuity, but I do know that many of us past our 20's are on the down hill slide. Even if you can hear up to 15-16 kHz, likelihood is that its going to be so quiet as to be inaudible when you consider all the other tones going on in real music.

Hopefully it'll help you understand what I'm suggesting. And if you'e talking about something like a snare, to create airiness, you need to be looking in the 7-10 kHz range (which the Savant handles with ease). Have you been comparing to overly bright trele boosted earphones. Perhaps you simply enjoy a far brighter signature than what is natural. i used to when I was younger.

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #927 of 928
http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

No percussion instrument except cymbals/hi-hats etc has harmonics affecting "air" above about 12 kHz

Suggestion - go to this page http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/
Set at 1kHz at a comfortable listening level. It should still be comfortable (without touching the volume) at 500 Hz, 3 kHz and 6 kHz. Now slide it (without touching the volume) and see how high you can really hear. I have no idea of your age or listening acuity, but I do know that many of us past our 20's are on the down hill slide. Even if you can hear up to 15-16 kHz, likelihood is that its going to be so quiet as to be inaudible when you consider all the other tones going on in real music.

Hopefully it'll help you understand what I'm suggesting. And if you'e talking about something like a snare, to create airiness, you need to be looking in the 7-10 kHz range (which the Savant handles with ease). Have you been comparing to overly bright trele boosted earphones. Perhaps you simply enjoy a far brighter signature than what is natural. i used to when I was younger.
I can hear till 19kHz on tone gen with Andromeda
I can hear till 17kHz with savant.

I just take care of my eardrums a lot since I have a lot of critical listening to do at friends studio(DIYing some speakers) plus I am also doing some diy hearing aids for old people.

What I needed from savant is that peak of 10kHz start slightly earlier(bigger Peak Q ) and dampen slightly late, with the 15kHz peak not getting affected.

And the phase revert at 20kHz which takes away information at extremely complex passage at high volume(high volume mentioned).

Otherwise I love my savant.

To be exact, it sounds like

Etymotic ER4S was given body in proper sense, mids were made vibrant and stage was expanded while retaining the ety's imaging style.

The only iem which I feel above savant is shozy star II but savant is dual BA and star II is a 5 custom BA by both sonion and Knowles.

But I always come at savant due its stage structure(it can project above and backward of the head for me, which I dont expect from IEM)

The airy hiss is missing and subbass is missing which makes it a complete package.

10kHz slightly boosted while retaining the dip between 5kHz and 10kHz.

Only 8kHz to 12kHz(this region) to be exact and that to slightly, so mic noise and air becomes apparent

@Brooko
I am 26 if you are asking my real age

@FullCircle

Just forget about my suggestions
It just happens when we read too many reviews here and there. It may be my mind imagination about reduced air.

But damm that IEM mocks my FLAC playlist. It just tell me that a specific instrument is distorting in specific place and the best part is it isolate that instrument so you can listen to low quality music too

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #928 of 928
Will wake up this thread with our review of the Savant II. Probably Noble's best dual-driver monitor to date.

https://headfonics.com/2019/07/noble-audio-savant-ii-review/

savant-2b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back