NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Aug 15, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #136 of 928
Could anyone with a Savant at hand play this track Medecine by Broods and tell me if how the bass looping sounds? Starting at 2:25 and until the end of the track.
On Foobar 2000, the spectrum graph shows cycles of 74 Hz  > 69-63 Hz > 59 Hz > 54-50 Hz then back to 74 Hz . I absolutely love how this complements the vocals.

I don't expect head rattling bass of course, but just that it will be present.

Hi there @Cagin! I'm still waiting for my Savants to arrive. Hopefully they will be with me in the next few week as I ordered them about three weeks back. I wanted to thank you for introducing me to Broods. I will be sure to get back to you on your inquiry, if no one else has, when I receive them.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #137 of 928
 Ive been on W4R 100% the past two years with many hours per week, K10U seem to be my favorite demo so far (except maybe JH13 heard a long time back, do I even remember the sound?) I was able to try K10u for the second time recently at the newport show,
,so Im throwing/rolling the dice and ordered savantU unheard.

for me the tough part about going north of the mid tier (500-700$)  IEM or CIEM is finding a place to hear them before purchase?
maybe some day I could pick up a used K10C and have it Re-shelled if that becomes an option .

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #138 of 928
   Ive been on W4R 100% the past two years with many hours per week, K10U seem to be my favorite demo so far (except maybe JH13 long time back) I was able to try K10u for the second time recently at the newport show,
,so Im throwing/rolling the dice and ordered savantU unheard.

for me the tough part about going north of the mid tier (500-700$)  IEM or CIEM is finding a place to hear them before purchase?
maybe some day I could pick up a used K10C and have it Re-shelled if that becomes an option .

The Savant is an excellent sounding IEM. If you love MIDs, clarity, detail then you'll surely enjoy it. Since you are a W4R user, hopefully the lesser bass quantity is something you already expect. Other than that, there's really nothing to worry about.

Let us know how you go...

Aug 26, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #145 of 928
  YA , feel like a little kid at christmas "checking everyday", although its only been a few days.

Every day? Slacker, when I have something coming I seem to be checking every hour.
wink_face.gif
When my K10's are done, I will probably check every 5 minutes.

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #148 of 928
Random Savant question:

I have the custom K10, and love them, but they are no good for listening whilst lying down; the bass virtually disappears and it sounds terrible. Universals I have used (Shure/Westone) don't have this problem. I suspect this is because the tips of universals keep them 'wedged' in place.

So, it the Savant good for bed listening? Does it retain a good sound whilst the listener is lying down? Are they too big perhaps?

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #149 of 928
  Random Savant question:

I have the custom K10, and love them, but they are no good for listening whilst lying down; the bass virtually disappears and it sounds terrible. Universals I have used (Shure/Westone) don't have this problem. I suspect this is because the tips of universals keep them 'wedged' in place.

So, it the Savant good for bed listening? Does it retain a good sound whilst the listener is lying down? Are they too big perhaps?

I believe it is due to the fact that the ear impression were done while sitting or standing because when you lie down, the shape (?) of the ear canal changes causing a leak and therefore the loss of bass.

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #150 of 928
Random Savant question:

I have used the Savant universal while lying in bed and the sound was just as good. Not the most comfortable but it's ok with very soft pillows.

Please note that it'll also depend on your ears and how you wear them. If you can insert them really deep then you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back