NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Sep 7, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #181 of 928
Sadly won't be able to do a side by side - as the Savants had to continue on their tour.  I got a brief listen again at the NZ Head-Fi Meet, and once again impressed with their effortless balance and clarity.

"Wizard" is aptly named

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #182 of 928
Will there be anymore of the cool looking ones for 799 I think it was? I'll be using iPhone 6 for now but also looking at AK jr and QP1R players.

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #184 of 928
Could anyone with a Savant at hand play this track Medecine by Broods and tell me if how the bass looping sounds? Starting at 2:25 and until the end of the track.
On Foobar 2000, the spectrum graph shows cycles of 74 Hz  > 69-63 Hz > 59 Hz > 54-50 Hz then back to 74 Hz . I absolutely love how this complements the vocals.

I don't expect head rattling bass of course, but just that it will be present.

After hearing the Savant in London, I'm confident I will enjoy my Savants. Here's a photo of my dreaded test:
[my setup: Sony ZX2, S Spinfits]

While my audition time gave me the impression of just a wee bit over my sibilance tolerance threshold, I found the Savant + ZX2 had the right amount of bass for me. I wouldn't have wanted any more. Granted I only had around 20min of playtime with the Savant and another 20min on Sunday with the K10, I felt like the K10/ZX2 combo was a bit over my bass limit, like I'd enjoy it short term but would get fatiguing for an extended listening session.
Back to the Broods - "Medecine" track; the Savant rendered the bass loop starting after halfway like in my quoted post perfectly well. And what's more is that the separation and soundstage was very pleasant. I could distinctly see the 4 voice tracks of the chorus " and I'll never be free". Her main voice, the male back up behind her and her own 'copy' both on her left and her right.

I listened also listened to some post rock from Jardin de la Croix, and the Savant gave me a nice electric guitar distortion (not as superb as my Legend Omega though).
Played the EP Forgotten Myths by KOAN Sound, mix neurofunk and liquid drum & bass. It was great. It's also during those tracks and some Cowboy Junkies songs that I noticed the Savant was at the just at threshold tipping over my sibilance limit.
Sad thing, the ZX2 was at full 100% volume during the early tracks of Immersifi's binaural recording of that live performance.

I wish I could've tried the Oriolus and the Savant next to one another to compare more. From memory I think the Oriolus had a more wide soundstage and more bassy feeling.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #185 of 928
I keep hearing such wonderful things about Savant, I was assigned to be next on the tour though we've postponed my demo while I deal with a personal health crisis atm. At this stage, I may listen to Savant in the near future extremely medicated on government pain killers. We can title the review: "Savant flew over the cuckoo's nest"

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #186 of 928
  I keep hearing such wonderful things about Savant, I was assigned to be next on the tour though we've postponed my demo while I deal with a personal health crisis atm. At this stage, I may listen to Savant in the near future extremely medicated on government pain killers. We can title the review: "Savant flew over the cuckoo's nest"

The heck with the Savant, I just hope your health issues get resolved. The pain killers, those of course SOUND awesome, do a review on those.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #187 of 928
The heck with the Savant, I just hope your health issues get resolved. The pain killers, those of course SOUND awesome, do a review on those.

Indeed, we'll see how things go. For now, we're sending in some other Australian troops, though I'll be around, In some shape or form.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #189 of 928
Sep 8, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #194 of 928
Sorry, the savant universal with Pablo design. It looks amazing.

devil_face.gif
 I'd sell you mine if you buy me a Prestige Savant. No wait time needed. It's just been made haha 
devil_face.gif

j/k ^^ I already had to endure canjam with no proper iems to tests stuff, I doubt I could endure waiting for a prestige build time 
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #195 of 928
Sorry, the savant universal with Pablo design. It looks amazing.

IF u want a Pablo savant univ, the price is 799. The next scheduled shipment is the 15th, so it would be sent to California then, and forwarded to u. If u want it, contact Brannan and place your order asap while we still have some time left before the next shipment

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back