Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 23, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #34,186 of 36,116

With this kind of music, ..................... how are you?

Do you like Lacuna Coil? One of my fav bands. Haven’t seen anyone else mention them on Head-Fi :)

Oct 23, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #34,187 of 36,116
Another cable pairing which KK owners may consider trying is 1950s with shielding. I currently like it over FT. I seem to hear better control across the frequencies without tampering KK’s sparkly highs (what I feel is KK’s specialty)…

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #34,189 of 36,116
Another cable pairing which KK owners may consider trying is 1950s with shielding. I currently like it over FT. I seem to hear better control across the frequencies without tampering KK’s sparkly highs (what I feel is KK’s specialty)…
+1. I am using regular 1950s with my KK and it's fantastic. So well balanced. So musical. But no hampering of the technicals. Highly recommended!

Oct 25, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #34,191 of 36,116

With this kind of music, ..................... how are you?

it will largely come down to the amount you listen to, how it was recorded and mixed, and volume. You can eq out problem frequencies if you have sensitivity problems.
These iems remove the potential distortion you experience between recording and playback. If the music you like is recorded well then you will have that much more enjoyment. You wont hear and experience new things that aren't there. The bigger question, imo, is if you can afford them.
The song you linked I listened to on tidal and to my ears everything sounded clean and as intended.

Oct 25, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #34,192 of 36,116
it will largely come down to the amount you listen to, how it was recorded and mixed, and volume. You can eq out problem frequencies if you have sensitivity problems.
These iems remove the potential distortion you experience between recording and playback. If the music you like is recorded well then you will have that much more enjoyment. You wont hear and experience new things that aren't there. The bigger question, imo, is if you can afford them.
The song you linked I listened to on tidal and to my ears everything sounded clean and as intended.
Even with Traillii, it sounds good. Evidently, as you say, she is well registered. Ragnar is probably more fun than Traillii.

Oct 27, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #34,197 of 36,116
Had you asked me last week I would have said Kublai Khan, but since I demoed the Sultan twice after that I think a switch is in.

If I had been able to demo the Viking Ragnar here (currently travelling in South Korea) then the choice may have been different still!

drftr
So you have buyed a KK or a Ragnar ? :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back