Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 22, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #29,521 of 36,042
I have the Khan and compared it to the Solaris at the show. I felt the Khan had deeper and tighter bass, and a little better highs and overall presentation. The Solaris is very good. I just felt the Khan was better. This could also be because the Khan fit a bit better than the Solaris on my ear. I still think the Andromeda is Campfire’s best all around IEM. I also still love my Custom Encores. You cannot beat the custom fit. I hope this helps with your decision.
I second that. I received my Khan right before CanJam NYC and brought them there to compare with other IEMs including Solaris. Solaris had similar signature as Khan, but I liked Khan better on every aspect, especially beautiful mid and articulate treble. I am very happy that I got Khan. That being said, thinking about the price of Solaris, I think Campfire did a great job.
About the fit, I totally agree with you. Solaris is too big and uncomfortable for me. Also Khan has better isolation to my ears. YMMV.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #29,522 of 36,042
I have the Khan and compared it to the Solaris at the show. I felt the Khan had deeper and tighter bass, and a little better highs and overall presentation. The Solaris is very good. I just felt the Khan was better. This could also be because the Khan fit a bit better than the Solaris on my ear. I still think the Andromeda is Campfire’s best all around IEM. I also still love my Custom Encores. You cannot beat the custom fit. I hope this helps with your decision.

Your customs looked really good in person Frankie my man.

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #29,524 of 36,042
Who's working on Khan reviews? Keep me in the loop and I'd be happy to share on our social media when it's out in the wild!

Feb 23, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #29,525 of 36,042

oh, thank you very much for your response! it is very valuable) anyway I would prefer to listen it on my own, I hope I could do it in the future. recently I listened Solaris in our Moscow shop and I really liked it, it is really better than my Atlas. I was afraid that bass wouldn’t be very good and that it can be little bright, because some guys here posted such reviews, but in the end of the day I found even bass better than at my Atlas, so I am thinking to buy them, but probably I will wait until Khan will appear in Russian stores.

I also much much prefer customs and last 5 years listened mostly customs - es50, k10, angie, a18t. but even with universals I always order custom tips. I don’t understand why everybody order some silicon and foam staff when you can go custom even with universal earphones? here how my vega and atlas looks like, vega has silicone custom tips and atlas has acrylic.

photo141720309_456242249

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #29,527 of 36,042
One of the people at CanJam that I was speaking to felt the Khan even though its a universal, it wore just like a custom. It is not even close to being as tight in my ears as my custom K10, but its seals and feels very comfortable. Isolation is probably slightly below my customs, but its not by much, when music is playing, both have to be removed to speak with people or hear things going on around me.

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #29,528 of 36,042
One of the people at CanJam that I was speaking to felt the Khan even though its a universal, it wore just like a custom. It is not even close to being as tight in my ears as my custom K10, but its seals and feels very comfortable. Isolation is probably slightly below my customs, but its not by much, when music is playing, both have to be removed to speak with people or hear things going on around me.

Khan is much better fit than Encore, barely adjusted.
With Encore, adjusted every 30 min or so.

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #29,532 of 36,042
I read the feedback on the random noise with the Khan/cabling issues mostly with the apple adapters......and I think someone mentioned something similar to what I'm experiencing....but first thing I did with my Khans was change the cable to Leonidas II from EA with a 2.5mm balanced termination. I'm running my iBasso DX200TI with an amp8 with a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter.....so I plug the Khans in with no volume (0 on the player) and tried to start a song before I slowly crank up the volume....all I heard was whines and static before my player turned off. I restarted and the same thing happened again. If I change o the amp1 that came with the unit and just used the 2.5mm balanced output, the Khan plays fine apparently. Could someone (John/Noble hopefully) shed some light on what this issue is? I'll try these on my SP1000M/SP1000 later as well to see the results. Thanks.

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #29,533 of 36,042
I read the feedback on the random noise with the Khan/cabling issues mostly with the apple adapters......and I think someone mentioned something similar to what I'm experiencing....but first thing I did with my Khans was change the cable to Leonidas II from EA with a 2.5mm balanced termination. I'm running my iBasso DX200TI with an amp8 with a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter.....so I plug the Khans in with no volume (0 on the player) and tried to start a song before I slowly crank up the volume....all I heard was whines and static before my player turned off. I restarted and the same thing happened again. If I change o the amp1 that came with the unit and just used the 2.5mm balanced output, the Khan plays fine apparently. Could someone (John/Noble hopefully) shed some light on what this issue is? I'll try these on my SP1000M/SP1000 later as well to see the results. Thanks.

Yeah, happened to me with a few balanced cables of decent quality. I think it has something to do with the way iBasso implemented the balance input plus the wiring within the Khans. The thicker the cable the worse it is. I switched out to the fairly thin Noble Audio balanced and had no problems.
I do think you can damage the amp on the iBasso if you leave it plugged in that way, btw. I sent in my Amp 8 for repair.
FYI, I also had the same problem with the DX120 balanced, but it plays fine with the Noble audio thin cable.

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #29,534 of 36,042
Can anyone briefly compare the original Savant to the Savanna? I had the Savant until I got the Katanas but am looking for some iems for work and thought maybe the Savanna.

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #29,535 of 36,042
Can anyone briefly compare the original Savant to the Savanna? I had the Savant until I got the Katanas but am looking for some iems for work and thought maybe the Savanna.

Savant has more bass than the Savanna, it has been described as the baby K10, I say get a Sage instead. Which is the Savant in its current form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back