Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 14, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #29,131 of 36,064
@hotdog108 I agree with you there but luckily don't have the extent of discomfort you do. I just got recently got my first CIEM and am amazed I waited this long, the difference is night and day and comfort is incredible. No adjustments needed once they are securely in the ear.

Well worth any price bump you pay for CIEMs TBH. As I'm getting back into school the coming few weeks, I can't wait to commute with these to get more music time in. I wish I went the CIEM route earlier instead of constantly switching universals to try and find one that fits me. Probably would have saved money that way.

I know my next major purchase (I was a longtime fan of Noble before joining the team, working for the team has only increased my love), hopefully by the end of this year, will be a custom Kaiser Encore or Katana, the KE seems to be more my kind of sound. Who knows, maybe the Khan will change my mind ones I get my hands on it to demo eventually. Probably won't be able to compare the three side by side until the next Canjam I find myself at.
I would've gone with CIEMs if I knew about them when I got started with this hobby, although, they didn't exist before 1995, so that's a factor. I'm just glad I did, first with the UERR and now KE. Noble custom work is also legendary, which is not just icing on the cake, it makes a statement about the product and the owner before you even put it in your ears. I feel like the other companies are focusing the majority of their innovation and R&D on technical capabilities of their CIEM offerings, and the aesthetics are just an afterthought, where as Noble puts a more artistic approach, which I think is an interesting perspective.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #29,132 of 36,064
@hotdog108 I couldn't have said it better myself. That is why Noble will always stand out.

Being a lifelong die hard Star Wars fan and active member of the 501st Legion, John's take on the one word "stormtrooper" is naturally perhaps my favorite design he's done.

8448279.jpg
Being that the first order stormtrooper is going to be my second costume, I'd have my left side be a reprint of this design and if John was up for it, I'd have the right side be an entirely new creation based off the helmet of my current costume: Kylo Ren.

KyloRen27A.png
What more could you ask for with combining the most fulfilling parts of your life into one? One day it'll be a reality :)

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #29,133 of 36,064
That's the beauty of Noble, the artistic expression of the design that is unique to each Wizard creation is unmatched by anyone out there. Mediocrity was never a defining characteristic of any legend, nor will it ever be in the future. These are exciting times we live in, I certainly couldn't imagine the audiophile industry landscape without Noble, nor do I want to.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #29,134 of 36,064
K10...still the most awarded iem on hf.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #29,136 of 36,064
nope...the k10 was pretty amazing when it came out, and it still holds its own today.

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #29,138 of 36,064
Another Khan review I found, don't think it was posted before:

https://www.headphonedungeon.com/noble-audio-khan-in-ear-monitors-review/

Balance, speed and soundstage is what sets these buds apart from the rest. This versatile IEM is perfect for audiophiles who listen to all types of music and don’t like to change up their buds every time they switch genres. And let’s be honest. After buying these little gems, few will be able to afford another pair.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #29,141 of 36,064
Do you live in Vegas or something? lol

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #29,144 of 36,064
Now im not really a fan of nobles tuning but hot damn! Wizard makes the best iem designs like ever! Makes me want to get my zeus reshelled by them (even though its being reshelled rn lol).

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #29,145 of 36,064
Now im not really a fan of nobles tuning but hot damn! Wizard makes the best iem designs like ever! Makes me want to get my zeus reshelled by them (even though its being reshelled rn lol).
I guess you can't please all the people all the time. Out of interest, have you heard the TOTL Nobles? What is it you prefer about the Zeus, if you can put that into words. I doubt that Noble is in the business of reshelling other manufacturers products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back