Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 22, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #25,366 of 36,116
Beautiful song and great talent! Good share!
Reminds me of this guy, Jon Gomm. I used to live in Leeds, UK where he's from and meet him often in bars where they played acoustic sessions.
He was stunning 10 years ago when he played this live, and got even better, more accurate and with a greater range of techniques when I saw him again about 4 years later
basshead.gif

Quite low resolution unfortunately, but I hope you enjoy
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #25,367 of 36,116
Hi! I have an Audeze LCD-XC (driven by the fantastic hybrid amp Rudistor RP8K-VT), fed by an A&K 380.
I have received ten days ago a pair of Kayser Encore, and I find them reasonably close to the Audeze, when plugged to the Rudistor (medium maybe (very) slightly behind). When directly plugged to the A&K 380, they maybe even better as the Audeze may be more demanding than the KE. The planar technology requires a top notch amplifier.
Great pleasure anyhow!

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #25,368 of 36,116

Hologram is a killer name for a new product isn't it?

Nope. 
biggrin.gif

Anyway..

I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoy a bit of Lady Gaga. AK240 + Rx + Encore is a great way to spend a nice Saturday night. 
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #25,369 of 36,116
  Does anyone have comparisons on how the Katana sounds vs the Kaiser Encore? I got to listen to the whole lineup except the Katana today, Kaiser Encore blew me away. Wondering if the Katana is thinner or thicker than the Encore and what the differences are in bass specifically (impact/extension)

I'd describe them like this -

The original K10 was always more about the fun and musical factor. Sure, it wasn't the best in certain technical terms, but as a whole, it was fantastic and a joy to listen to. You could really enjoy a myriad genres with the K10, especially rock and pop. That midrange really brings out the best in your music.

The Katana is the clarity king in the Noble lineup. If you want to hear all the little nuances in your music, and you're a fan of generally balanced sound, the Katana is the way to go. That treble region is sparkling as hell, so you'll either love it or not.

The Encore is a bridge between the original K10 and the Katana, but I think it leans a little more to the latter than its predecessor. It retains a bit of warmth and low-end presence, but ramps up the detail and clarity.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #25,371 of 36,116
  I cant believe the hate for the name Hologram, I thought you people had good taste. I am taking any Hologram haters off of my Festivus list.

I love the name Hologram.  Feel better?

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #25,373 of 36,116
Would I lie about something this important?

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #25,377 of 36,116

If you wanted to upgrade your all-in-one bluetooth speaker to one with audiophile quality and a clock, a nice one to consider is the Ixion Maestro speaker from Norway. The quality of the audio is amazing for its size - it compared admirably wet compared to much larger units (like the Naim MuSo) with a more practical and elegant footprint. It has a touchscreen with built in Spotify, Tidal and TuneIn - and am FM antenna to boot. I actually placed mine in my kitchen because I enjoy cooking and it lets me listen to tunes and peek in on my daughter in the family room without being so isolated as the K10. The sound in the end it what drew me to this speaker. The bass response is incredible and better than any its size that I have tried. Having my avatar named after a Funkadelic album and a proud K10 owner, you know I like bass! The touchscreen is great because there are times you don't want to hunt for your phone, plus it allows other members of your family to use it even if they don't have the Ixion app on their phone. I know you can buy it and even try it out at Harrods in London, or directly contact Ixion. Customer service is wonderful - when the companion Solo 2 speaker needing servicing, they sent me Fedex labels and I was good to go. Price was around 1100 British pounds.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #25,380 of 36,116
My wife found my P1 today,

listening to  Johny Cash

The P1 sounds great, like the size as well, I just wish it had a bit more frills.  (a clock would be nice)

What firmware are you on? My P1 arrived the other day with v2.18 loaded and has a clock (albeit tiny - top centre)

Still burning in but starting to like the sound of the P1, wasn't sure for a start and was tempted to return.
My headphones for doing jobs are Sony MDR-1A which I've modded and sound OK, but not great. Listened to Blur earlier and I was really impressed on how good they can actually sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back