Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 14, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #25,264 of 36,078
Good to see you back on the thread Watagump.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, its until my head explodes again and I need another break. Just way too much What stuff posted around here.

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #25,265 of 36,078
Do SpinFits work well for Noble IEMs? How do they fare in isolation and do they change the sound signature dramatically?
Every kind of tips affect the sound signature to some degree, including the 4 types provided by Noble themselves . I believe the extent of the effect somehow depends on how your ear canals are like.

Persobally I think the spinfit provides very good comfort and similar isolation as the stock red and blue tips. Sound wise it is one of the most open sounding tips to me, with the highs smoothed out quite a bit, but loosing a bit of lushness in the mids, and impact in the bass. That's on the universal Katana.

For your reference my current favourite is the stock blue tips.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #25,267 of 36,078
I'm using the double flange type. For me this fit and isolate better than regular tip or even normal spinfit.

+1 I agree with this. It has a great fit for universal Noble. And you can move around without losing the seal.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #25,268 of 36,078
Where can you find the double flange spinfits? I've been looking online but have not been able to find them.

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #25,270 of 36,078
I stand alone it seems in liking the memory foam tips the best
tongue_smile.gif

I think it's partly because I've had a bit of ear trouble recently, and when I'm putting the silicone tips in, it's kind of creating pressure in my ears that later leads to popping/pressure changes.

Conversely, because I pinch the foam tips into submission prior to insertion, they are not going in 'full size' and hence not forcing air pressure in as I push them in?
Anyway, "it just works shamone" (quote from Bo Selecta Michael Jackson trying to explain how the 'flux capacitay' on his time-travel machine works)
biggrin.gif

And I like the sound signature, or at least don't notice that it's any worse, and that's also important, right?
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #25,271 of 36,078
I stand alone it seems in liking the memory foam tips the best :tongue_smile:
I think it's partly because I've had a bit of ear trouble recently, and when I'm putting the silicone tips in, it's kind of creating pressure in my ears that later leads to popping/pressure changes.

Conversely, because I pinch the foam tips into submission prior to insertion, they are not going in 'full size' and hence not forcing air pressure in as I push them in?
Anyway, "it just works shamone" (quote from Bo Selecta Michael Jackson trying to explain how the 'flux capacitay' on his time-travel machine works) :D

And I like the sound signature, or at least don't notice that it's any worse, and that's also important, right? :tongue_smile:

You are not alone! On all other iems I prefer silicone, particularly Westone star tips, so used Katanas that way for the first few weeks. I then tried the included foam just as an experiment and haven't looked back.

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #25,272 of 36,078
You are not alone! On all other iems I prefer silicone, particularly Westone star tips, so used Katanas that way for the first few weeks. I then tried the included foam just as an experiment and haven't looked back.

Great! Maybe it's a UK thing?
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #25,273 of 36,078

Great! Maybe it's a UK thing?
tongue_smile.gif

​Probably that Shure 846s and others are more rolled off than Katanas, so need the sharpest sounding treble that I find silicone provides. Katana's provide their own cutting edge and the foams seem to give a solidity to the rest of the sound.

Or maybe that's nonsense and you are right :)

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #25,274 of 36,078
Foam = wax = yuk. I'm medical grade rubber

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #25,275 of 36,078
Hey guys, hey Wizard.

This has probably been asked before, but the page counter is at 1685, so sorry about that.

I'm lurking around for a custom acrylic IEM most resembling the Audeze house sound; old one (LCD-2) or new one (LCD-X). That is, planar-like separation, non-offending highs (I've sold HD800 quite quick), layered lows all the way down, but none of the basshead BS. So basically something that will handle ambient and IDM music just right but not at the expense of midrange to listen to some classical music.

Now, Kaiser probably checks all the boxes, but I'd really love something more appropriately priced — having in mind that I'm going for Wizard design extra if I'm going to order. Does Dulce Bass fit or it's more of a loud bass/v-shaped earphone? Or maybe Django is the answer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back