Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 10, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #24,106 of 36,064
i was the same way with reading the reviews! Cant find any i havnt read but i had to go with those as my source for what they would sound like because i couldnt test them anywhere due to where i live. They were my 1st custom and 1st flagship. Honestly when i 1st heard them i was a little underwhelmed. I think my expectations were through the roof. I dont really know if i beleive in burn in but i do beleive in brain burn in because after a couple of days with them its like a veil was removed and i was wowed! I listened to a couple of songs i listened to the 1st night and it sounded so much better. Now evertime they are in my ears its unbelievable. Especially songs with some impact to them. I have listened to music i didnt particularly enjoy before and now the sound just has more to it. My favorite thing about them is how the bass is always present but never to much . With rock music before the bass was drowned out by guitars and vocals but with the k10 its all there. Not to much or to little of anything. I have had mine for 10 days now and i thoroughly enjoy them everyday. Sometimes i kick back shut my eyes and get completely lost in the music.

Well this just makes the wait that much harder! Thanks for the impressions!

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #24,107 of 36,064

Just posted my (very) early impressions of the Kaiser Encore: http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-kaiser-encore/reviews/17533

Spoiler: I like them.

Dec 10, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #24,109 of 36,064
My Katana review is up! I hope it's informative and helpful for anyone out there wondering if they should take the plunge! http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-katana/reviews/17532

Just posted my (very) early impressions of the Kaiser Encore: http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-kaiser-encore/reviews/17533

Spoiler: I like them.

Great review on both of those! Thanks, enjoyed reading them, BUT, you take full responsibility for making me want the customs again! LOL.
Meanwhile I shall sit here getting my head filled with some Encore U sounds and drool over photo's and reviews. :)

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #24,111 of 36,064
Good review. Am working my way through your playlist in preparation for the K10E's. Thanks for introducing me to Daughter in particular! Love their sound!

Me too! :) Daughter - that guitar and her voice reminds me of Melissa Menago, try her album Little Crimes if you haven't already. Another superb awesome artist and album.

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #24,112 of 36,064
you got to get some r&b soul going teedra moses, or jazz soul lynne fiddmont, or jorja smith. You got to get down with the get down

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #24,113 of 36,064
Dec 11, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #24,114 of 36,064
great review but now i wish i would have been patient and gotten the encore instead of the k10. Regardless i love my k10. They were my 1st real deal purchase. Only other was the westone um pro 20. I have a lot of exploring to do!

It's a slippery slope, I bought some K10s then ended up spending like another £5k on electronics and more headphones lol...

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #24,115 of 36,064
  Noble gets a nice mention in an otherwise entirely predictable NYT story on choosing headphones.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/10/fashion/how-to-choose-the-perfect-headphones-guide.html

It's interesting to note that they have lumped the Roxanne together with the Encore in their high-end recommendations section. 
ph34r.gif

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #24,116 of 36,064
i was the same way with reading the reviews! Cant find any i havnt read but i had to go with those as my source for what they would sound like because i couldnt test them anywhere due to where i live. They were my 1st custom and 1st flagship. Honestly when i 1st heard them i was a little underwhelmed. I think my expectations were through the roof. I dont really know if i beleive in burn in but i do beleive in brain burn in because after a couple of days with them its like a veil was removed and i was wowed! I listened to a couple of songs i listened to the 1st night and it sounded so much better. Now evertime they are in my ears its unbelievable. Especially songs with some impact to them. I have listened to music i didnt particularly enjoy before and now the sound just has more to it. My favorite thing about them is how the bass is always present but never to much . With rock music before the bass was drowned out by guitars and vocals but with the k10 its all there. Not to much or to little of anything. I have had mine for 10 days now and i thoroughly enjoy them everyday. Sometimes i kick back shut my eyes and get completely lost in the music.

I think it has to do with how your ears fit with the CIEMs. I am still getting use to wearing it.
I got my K10's in the morning two days ago. Like you, at first I was underwhelmed and was like "That is it? I thought these were Bass monsters". It basically consisted of very detailed highs and  mids, but bass was barely present..... They were the best sound IEMS I ever heard, but I was still kind of disappointed. 

After a few times of using the K10's, I found the "veil" you were talking about. I was listening through Tchaikovsky 6th symphony on the second day, and for some reason, I decided to push the CIEMS down with my fingers from the top of the CIEM where it sat in my ear. A gush of wondrous sound with heavenly quality with epic bass flooded my ears. I just couldn't believe it. It was really good, but when I released my fingers, the CIEMS would just pop back up and the thickness of the sound just left.
I realized it was how my CIEMS fit in my ear. I wondered if my impressions were not accurate when I got them taken, or if my ear shape changed during the build-time. 
After adjusting them in my ear for a very long time, I came close to what it was when I pushed it down, though not completely. That listening session was awesome.

I wanted to post here because of 9bphillips' experience, and I was also wondering if this is a normal case? Will it get better, or should I get a refit?

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #24,117 of 36,064

I think it has to do with how your ears fit with the CIEMs. I am still getting use to wearing it.
I got my K10's in the morning two days ago. Like you, at first I was underwhelmed and was like "That is it? I thought these were Bass monsters". It basically consisted of very detailed highs and  mids, but bass was barely present..... They were the best sound IEMS I ever heard, but I was still kind of disappointed. 

After a few times of using the K10's, I found the "veil" you were talking about. I was listening through Tchaikovsky 6th symphony on the second day, and for some reason, I decided to push the CIEMS down with my fingers from the top of the CIEM where it sat in my ear. A gush of wondrous sound with heavenly quality with epic bass flooded my ears. I just couldn't believe it. It was really good, but when I released my fingers, the CIEMS would just pop back up and the thickness of the sound just left.
I realized it was how my CIEMS fit in my ear. I wondered if my impressions were not accurate when I got them taken, or if my ear shape changed during the build-time. 
After adjusting them in my ear for a very long time, I came close to what it was when I pushed it down, though not completely. That listening session was awesome.

I wanted to post here because of 9bphillips' experience, and I was also wondering if this is a normal case? Will it get better, or should I get a refit?

Could be a fit issue, but you might try inserting them, then pulling your ear lobe downward and pushing the ciem in slightly further, then releasing your ear lobe.  Don't know but that seems to secure the fit for me.  My two cents!

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #24,118 of 36,064

originally i thought i had a fit issue because i wasnt getting the sound i thought i should. I played with different fits for 4 or 5 days and realized i was jamming them in to far. The way i found to work with me is to slide them in and give them a slight twist counter clockwise. That did it for me. My right side isnt perfect and slightly breaks seal when music isnt playing but when music is playing it seems to hold a seal better. I think it may be from the pressure the drivers cause when playing. While playing music i would hold both sides in a little tighter to see if i could hear a difference and once i got the fit i liked i didnt hear a difference. In the beginning i constantly fiddled with them because i was afraid i was missing something. Now im calming down and enjoying them because when i fiddle with them im not getting anything better.even with the right side not perfect i still cant tell a difference when i hold it in tighter. I worried myself to death for a while! Lol. My advice is to hold onto them for a little while and see what happens. Play with the fit and listen to a track more than once with a different fit each time and see if you hear a difference.you have 30 days to send them back so no need to jump the gun just yet. If you arent satisfied after a week or 2 you might want to consider a re fit. Hope that helps. Ive found customs were a trial and error process because its not the same for everyone and 1st timers dont really know what they are looking for. Also there are some forums on Head-Fi about ciem fit.good luck

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #24,119 of 36,064

Post a pic of the CIEMs in your ear, if the insertion is correct it might be refit time...

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #24,120 of 36,064
  you got to get some r&b soul going teedra moses, or jazz soul lynne fiddmont, or jorja smith. You got to get down with the get down

Am trying this now. It may put my brain into a spin as it is programmed for EDM and 90's! pmsl.
I was working my way through the wonderful Chesky 30th Year Anniversary album from HDTracks too earlier. That'll take a while with 72 tracks on it. 25% discount can be found on the sponsors forum for it and provided by Chesky Records. Brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back