Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 4, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #23,911 of 36,063
Thank you. They are beautiful. I will get some custom encores in the near future. Deciding on which design will be sooooooo hard.

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #23,912 of 36,063
Not that I care but im just curious. Has the packaging changed? All the videos I saw had a whole box where u lift the top of the box off the bottom and the info on the back. Mine came with just a cover with no top or bottom and you just slide the pelican case out of the top of the bottom. I could care less about packaging but just curious
that is what it is. I see the serial # and info is on the back of the box on the universals and the serial # is on the ciem therefore packaging is different

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #23,913 of 36,063
Thank you. They are beautiful. I will get some custom encores in the near future. Deciding on which design will be sooooooo hard.

I've had my custom K10 for over 3 years and I still just sit and stare at them in awe on a regular basis. Absolutely worth it.

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #23,914 of 36,063
I am relatively new to Noble's however in the last two months I have picked up a pair of Katana's and K10UA's. Both universals. I have stayed away from customs after a fairly frustrating experience a few years back. However tonight whilst being completely submerged in the glorious sound of my Katana's playing Syd Arthur - A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble I decided to checkout the Noble FB page, and needless to say I am completely blown away by the beauty of the customs on the page. So I think I will get some custom encores in the future.

So are all the AMAZING ones on the Facebook page the Prestige series? And does prestige cost about $1k or so more than none Prestige? Not that I don't think it's worth it, I do actually. Just keen to get clarity as to how it works given I am a Noble noob. thanks.

The artwork and design is just the deciding factor that made me look at Noble and just be wowed. Plenty of companies make great sounding IEM's CIEM.s, but Noble just takes it to a whole new level. You can have it all, these guys get it.

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #23,915 of 36,063
...All the Above are Wizard Designs  
...All the above are Prestige

Sweet Baby Jesus...this is gonna cost me dearly 
basshead.gif

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #23,916 of 36,063
I am relatively new to Noble's however in the last two months I have picked up a pair of Katana's and K10UA's. Both universals. I have stayed away from customs after a fairly frustrating experience a few years back. However tonight whilst being completely submerged in the glorious sound of my Katana's playing Syd Arthur - A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble I decided to checkout the Noble FB page, and needless to say I am completely blown away by the beauty of the customs on the page. So I think I will get some custom encores in the future.

So are all the AMAZING ones on the Facebook page the Prestige series? And does prestige cost about $1k or so more than none Prestige? Not that I don't think it's worth it, I do actually. Just keen to get clarity as to how it works given I am a Noble noob. thanks.

Frankly, Noble are only 1 of only 2 companies I know that regularly churn out truly jaw-dropping designs. My own K10 was a simple gold nugget shell with copper flakes. Nothing too fancy, and certainly not a Prestige nor Wizard design. Still, it turned out very well - it's still my finest looking custom. Anyway, if you're willing to shell out a bit more, you'll unlock access to a greater range of design choices. Or, you can let John and team go wild with a Wizard design. Either way, you're going to be a satisfied customer. 
smile.gif

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #23,917 of 36,063
I've got the Encore U's and I must say I think I have the fit nailed with the large flange tips. Yet now I have them I am doing what we all do anyway and am thinking about customs again. LOL. 
As a lot of ppl will tell you, the sound is dramatically affected by which tip you use with a universal. You can think they sound rubbish when you just don't have the right seal yet. The thing I like about the Noble U's is that the tips change so easily. Simple but necessary. I also don't feel like I am going to break the nozzle off either every time I change a tip! (You listening Shure?!) 
I can see me dreaming about custom Noble's for a long time yet...................

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #23,918 of 36,063
Listening/comparing the Dulce Bass with a Mojo and TT this evening. I was ready to part with the Mojo until I read the announcement by Chord. As such i'm holding onto it to see what it released. 

Both combos are delightful and I must say, Noble are a brand i'll be sticking with. I have custom re print Encore being made and this will be the end for a long time. I could easily live with the Dulce Bass. They are the only IEM to better the IE800 IMO. The IE800 do bass very well but the Noble are on another level and no loss of any mids. They surprise me every time I put them in my ears. My only slight gripe would be the narrow soundstage, and lack of air in the HF - but they cannot have everything when a business model is in place. Kudos Noble, I love them and look forward to buying more from you. Shame I didn't get the rubber bands to stack with, they're available online I know but an order for $2 seems a bit stupid. I'll wait until the lightening - two pin cable comes along :wink:

I wonder if Chord are willing to reveal what are the most selling Universals since the revamp? My money is on the Dulce Bass. They seem to be getting more press but I do know of a few very happy Django owners. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #23,919 of 36,063
Got my Dulce Basses today. I can't believe my ears. They sound so good I don't know if I need full-sized headphones anymore, and I don't even have the TOTL model. This is crazy!

+1. Had mine several months and struggle to take them out of my ears. I have CIEM Encore being built and will report my findings. Will the Encore dig as deep as the Dulce Bass? That is the question. I am sure they will excel in every other dept, but honestly how can the bass get better? They're better than any headphone I have heard. No loss of mids at all. Highs and soundstage could be better but i'm being very critical. I compared iTunes as well tonight with Audirvana 2.0, I have never heard such a difference before so these Nobles are certainly revealing. 

I also use a Mojo, and TT in my desktop rig. The Mojo gets used with a Schiit Wyrd at times and it sure sounds better for it. 

I am surprised there isn't a Dulce Bass thread on here or does all Noble talk have to be within this thread?

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #23,920 of 36,063
Listening/comparing the Dulce Bass with a Mojo and TT this evening. I was ready to part with the Mojo until I read the announcement by Chord. As such i'm holding onto it to see what it released. 

Both combos are delightful and I must say, Noble are a brand i'll be sticking with. I have custom re print Encore being made and this will be the end for a long time. I could easily live with the Dulce Bass. They are the only IEM to better the IE800 IMO. The IE800 do bass very well but the Noble are on another level and no loss of any mids. They surprise me every time I put them in my ears. My only slight gripe would be the narrow soundstage, and lack of air in the HF - but they cannot have everything when a business model is in place. Kudos Noble, I love them and look forward to buying more from you. Shame I didn't get the rubber bands to stack with, they're available online I know but an order for $2 seems a bit stupid. I'll wait until the lightening - two pin cable comes along :wink:

I wonder if Chord are willing to reveal what are the most selling Universals since the revamp? My money is on the Dulce Bass. They seem to be getting more press but I do know of a few very happy Django owners. 

What did chord announce on the mojo?

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #23,921 of 36,063
How much of an improvement is a mojo to a k10? How "worth it" do you guys feel it to be? After getting a CIEM my wallet is already hurting. Unsure if whether or not i should just stab it to death by buying another 550$ accessory....hahahaha

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #23,923 of 36,063
What are you listening out of currently? You'd be surprised how much of an improvement dac/amp's can make on a great IEM like the K10. Of course, the K10 will sound great out of a phone while your wallet recovers. That's the only financially nice thing about this hobby, upgrades can be made gradually. But accept it... the fact that you're already questioning it means it's too late
biggrin.gif
It's a matter of when, not if.

Currently i dont even have my CIEMS...they are OTW and i am considering it haha. I have had previous customs and i never really got a external tool to juice up the audio quality so i am actually unsure of what kind of improvement it brings i usually just listen to it out of a computer or phone and it sounds great already. My thought was since im already dropping so much dough on the ciems i might as well consider getting a dac/amp as well and just buy into the full set. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #23,924 of 36,063
  Currently i dont even have my CIEMS...they are OTW and i am considering it haha. I have had previous customs and i never really got a external tool to juice up the audio quality so i am actually unsure of what kind of improvement it brings i usually just listen to it out of a computer or phone and it sounds great already. My thought was since im already dropping so much dough on the ciems i might as well consider getting a dac/amp as well and just buy into the full set. 

Mojo is life changing. It's really incredibly stupid to buy a pair of nobles and not get this DAC.  Not to be rude. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #23,925 of 36,063
How much of an improvement is a mojo to a k10? How "worth it" do you guys feel it to be? After getting a CIEM my wallet is already hurting. Unsure if whether or not i should just stab it to death by buying another 550$ accessory....hahahaha

The DAC/amp has just as big a role in producing sound as the IEMs. (I have a Hugo.)

Just my opinion, but I'd rather spend $1000 on the DAC/amp and $500 on the IEMs than the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

• whyz
Back