Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 27, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #23,750 of 36,055
  Close!

I asked for it to be inspired by the 2112 album cover. I love them! Should be with me tomorrow hopefully!

Well they are simply stunning canadan! Wow. I was stupid excited to get the universals, to have something like that on its way would put me into sleep depravation waiting! lol.

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #23,751 of 36,055
I tried the Katana again yesterday, in direct comparison with the KSE1500 and the Westone W80, and the Katana stood its ground very well. In fact, I left the store feeling more impressed with it. My wife absolutely fell in love with the Katana; for a long time, her standard has been her own custom NT6. It seems that a successor has been found. 
ph34r.gif

Nevertheless, with all my gushing, I'm still holding out for the Kaiser Encore. I'm sure that if I could pick between the 2, I'd go for the Encore.

To those who took the leap, you've got absolutely one of the best IEMs on the market! Enjoy!

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #23,752 of 36,055
I am absolutely in love with the Katana as well. It's the first headphone to sway me away from the K10 for more than a few songs at a time - but I always come back to the K10 when I need that extra bass fix and that super comfortable sound with just a bit of added warmth.

I'm wildly impressed by the abilities of the Katana and waiting for the Encore is driving me mad - but the Original K10 will always be special to me. Truly an IEM milestone.

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #23,753 of 36,055
  I tried the Katana again yesterday, in direct comparison with the KSE1500 and the Westone W80, and the Katana stood its ground very well. In fact, I left the store feeling more impressed with it. My wife absolutely fell in love with the Katana; for a long time, her standard has been her own custom NT6. It seems that a successor has been found. 
ph34r.gif

Nevertheless, with all my gushing, I'm still holding out for the Kaiser Encore. I'm sure that if I could pick between the 2, I'd go for the Encore.

To those who took the leap, you've got absolutely one of the best IEMs on the market! Enjoy!

You can't go wrong with either, I more than certain

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #23,754 of 36,055
I am absolutely in love with the Katana as well. It's the first headphone to sway me away from the K10 for more than a few songs at a time - but I always come back to the K10 when I need that extra bass fix and that super comfortable sound with just a bit of added warmth.

Spot on! I do the same when I take my "serious listening" hat off and look for some more fun

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #23,755 of 36,055

I'm wildly impressed by the abilities of the Katana and waiting for the Encore is driving me mad - but the Original K10 will always be special to me. Truly an IEM milestone.

Spot on! I do the same when I take my "serious listening" hat off and look for some more fun

Well folks, if 'fun' is what I am experiencing with the Encore universals then long may it continue! I have never heard anything like it. Don't get me wrong, my SE425's were good for what I was used to, but the Noble's, well, you all know only too well how good they are :)
I can see me doing something silly and getting customs now.

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #23,756 of 36,055
  I can see me doing something silly and getting customs now.

Going with customs is silly only if you are not sure about the iem.
If you know its the one, the pleasure you will get with it in custom fit cannot be expressed in words, you can only experience it.

How I feel and listen to my favourite music, with my Katana customs, is very difficult to explain (there are others out there who are far better in putting words down than me)

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #23,757 of 36,055
In terms of quality, i realize that the K10s have been re-released and improved into the encores....but when comparing encores to k10s ... if you could be as objective as possible, how "improved" are the encore over the k10s? I have read people saying that it was an "incremental" increase in performance, but how much is incremental to these people? 10%? 20%? I know its hard/not the best way to compare ciems like this but considering that they arent 2 different products but rather an improvement of the other i would love to hear what people can say about them.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #23,758 of 36,055
Noble Savant (2016 version - aluminum housing) - Can someone let me know which Comply tip fits it?  Does the Comply T-500 fit this?

Thanks...

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #23,760 of 36,055
Damn this Noble X drop is very tempting...

I had my Savants for quite a while now and while I truly enjoy them every single time I listen to them, I have to admit that their bass left me hungry from time to time, especially listening to synthwave music.
From what I can read, the Noble X seems to be an answer to my concerns, and man what an appealing price tag!

That being said, I've been reading this thread for a while and every time I see those gorgeous galaxy/sparky themed custom K10, I wish I had mine as well! Not to mention the new Encore that just came out. Only issue is that I can't afford them as of now.
triportsad.gif

So what should I do, pull the trigger on the Noble X drop or wait until I can afford a custom Encore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back