Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 31, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #23,071 of 36,064

thanks for the info! currently testing long-term comfort, 1.5 hours in and still not feeling any discomfort, so I think I got a good fit.

How do they sound??  
popcorn.gif

not home yet so listening straight out of my laptops output. so far i'd say the sound signature is exactly what i wanted. slightly elevated bass and mid-bass without being overly boomy, warm overall and very gentle treble. my previous headphones were the shure se846s, and to me the blue (default) filters' bass is a bit too strong, and the white filters' treble is a bit unpleasant. i wanted something in between and thought that the k10s were it from reading all the reviews. i bought it blind without trying the universals first, but so far in my ~1.5 hours or so of listening time so far, the gamble paid off as they are pretty much exactly what i wanted (i missed the encore train by a few days, but the regular k10s are close enough to perfect imo). can't wait to see how well they scale when properly amped. got a headamp gsx-mk2 at home, a bit overkill lol?

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #23,072 of 36,064
I am considering getting myself a pair of K10s soon (if something doesn’t pop up and use up all my money before then
mad.gif
) and so seeing the quite frankly amazing creations of the Wizard I am very tempted to lay down the extra cash.

Now my question is, which may have been asked before, do you have a portfolio or such like of designs that you have come up with then match them with people’s requests or do you design them as and when someone orders a Wizard Design?

How much input do you like from people when they go for the Wizard Design, do you prefer some guide lines or images of designs they like or a “go wild” and give you full creative freedom?

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #23,073 of 36,064
  I am considering getting myself a pair of K10s soon (if something doesn’t pop up and use up all my money before then
mad.gif
) and so seeing the quite frankly amazing creations of the Wizard I am very tempted to lay down the extra cash.

Now my question is, which may have been asked before, do you have a portfolio or such like of designs that you have come up with then match them with people’s requests or do you design them as and when someone orders a Wizard Design?

How much input do you like from people when they go for the Wizard Design, do you prefer some guide lines or images of designs they like or a “go wild” and give you full creative freedom?

Thanks
beerchug.gif

they do both fully custom/new designs (wizard design, $400 option) as well as matching previous designs (wizard reprint, $200 option). for previous designs you can find them online or in the official noble lookbook (https://nobleaudio.com/en/lookbook/)

as for involvement for the wizard design process, it can be as much or as little/vague as you want i believe.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #23,074 of 36,064
mad.gif

Thanks
beerchug.gif

This should help you https://nobleaudio.co.uk/en/lookbook/ you can use most of them to get a "wizard reprint"

Edit: beaten by 11 seconds lol

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #23,075 of 36,064
Currawang talks about Noble products in his festival report. He says the new K10s (I guess he means Encore) has quite strong treble. Not really the words I'd like to hear about K10 Encore. Treble-heads will be happy I guess.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/824200/2016-tokyo-fujiya-avic-autumn-headphone-festival-report#post_12969306

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #23,076 of 36,064
  Currawang talks about Noble products in his festival report. He says the new K10s (I guess he means Encore) has quite strong treble. Not really the words I'd like to hear about K10 Encore. Treble-heads will be happy I guess.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/824200/2016-tokyo-fujiya-avic-autumn-headphone-festival-report#post_12969306

He said still quite strong, which leads me to believe its still great, not that its been boosted to levels which might make them too bright.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #23,077 of 36,064
Well after waiting on my sla k10's since the 13th of October and getting a no show, Brannan has graciously let me get a pair of acrylic with designs. Only have to hold on for 2 more weeks! Lord God the waiting is killing me!

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #23,078 of 36,064
Well after waiting on my sla k10's since the 13th of October and getting a no show, Brannan has graciously let me get a pair of acrylic with designs. Only have to hold on for 2 more weeks! Lord God the waiting is killing me!

Since its Halloween. Maybe this will help, mine took 4 months, which is not normal, so don't panic.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #23,079 of 36,064

He said still quite strong, which leads me to believe its still great, not that its been boosted to levels which might make them too bright.

I thought he was comparing them to Katana, not the regular K10.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #23,080 of 36,064
Since its Halloween. Maybe this will help, mine took 4 months, which is not normal, so don't panic.

thx Wata!im actually glad they got sent to the wrong lab because now I get what I really wanted and it won't take 3 months but only 2 weeks. He said sla or acrylic would only take a couple weeks. I think I came out on top so im not complaining. I do hate waiting though!lol

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #23,082 of 36,064
thx Wata!im actually glad they got sent to the wrong lab because now I get what I really wanted and it won't take 3 months but only 2 weeks. He said sla or acrylic would only take a couple weeks. I think I came out on top so im not complaining. I do hate waiting though!lol

I cant stand waiting for a pair of shoes to arrive, let alone something like the K10's.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #23,084 of 36,064
I cant stand waiting for a pair of shoes to arrive, let alone something like the K10's.
yeah this is my 1st custom iem and 1st flagship sothe wait is really killing me. All I have now is westone um pro 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back