Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 31, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #23,056 of 36,064
Heard from Brannan and my impressions were sent to the acrylic lab. He said i could get acrylic for no extra charge or they could send them to the sla lab and it would take the same amount of time. Hopefully I can get some pretty designs on the if i get the acrylic. Waiting to hear back from him again now! Fingers crossed! Lol

They're gonna send me an Encore! Nice. Not sure about whether it's going take more time though.

I'd call both those a big fat win!!! Nice one guys.

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #23,057 of 36,064
So, can we talk about DACs for the K10 or similar Noble IEM?  I'm thinking of just getting a Dragonfly Red for my daily commute (40 minute ferry ride and a 15 minute walk). Is there a compelling reason to get a dedicated player/amp/dac instead of just use my iPhone?  I have a Asgard 2 and Bifrost Schiit Stack at home, I assume that's going to be OK for now. Probably need to get something dedicated for my desk at work. I have a couple of months until I get mine, so I need to talk about something...

I tried the Dragonfly Red and liked it. I would have kept it except for the interference with my 6S. It was fine with my old 5S.
I found the connections and the CCK a PITA though.
You might be able to work something out. I couldn't get it at all pocket friendly.
Don't expect vast improvement from the HO of the phone though.
I ended up with the Mojo and am still assessing that. Having rejected it in AB auditions I decided to give it an extended try as it gets consistently rave reviews. Very similar to the K10!
Anyway. So far I really like it. Time will tell if it's just expectation bias or some other placebo.
The Mojo uses the CCK with iPhone and is quite chunky. It all lives in a bag with my 5S as DAP only.
You can pick all these gadgets up on Amazon and take advantage of their returns policy. So nothing lost trying. HTH.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #23,058 of 36,064
I tried going to another forum recently unrelated to audio and the people there scared me, their intelligence level was equivalent to kindergarten. Sometimes Head-fi is actually the safer (and much more mature place)

I think the mods deserve a big vote of thanks for being instrumental in that.
Sorry. I really should have multi quoted my last few posts.
I expect to hear from a mod shortly! :wink:

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #23,059 of 36,064
Dear Wizard @FullCircle,

It can get a bit hard to follow this thread when one is expected to avoid wading through tons of plain gossip your so called BFFs indulge in in e.v.e.r.y.p.a.g.e.  Could you create a separate thread for the happy users who want to just exchange banter and tease one another and pull legs, wink-athon and other activities?

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #23,060 of 36,064
Dear Wizard @FullCircle

It can get a bit hard to follow this thread when one is expected to avoid wading through tons of plain gossip your so called BFFs indulge in in e.v.e.r.y.p.a.g.e.  Could you create a separate thread for the happy users who want to just exchange banter and tease one another and pull legs, wink-athon and other activities?

A. I am not a mod

B. There is a noble banter thread already http://www.head-fi.org/t/784297/greetings-from-down-here-to-my-peeps-in-the-noble-thread/1515#post_12970185

C. Folks here are pretty friendly, you can field a question and usually get a quick answer by folks that have worked with Noble in the past, so they pretty much have a fair handle on how Noble operates etc etc. (or one can use the "thread search" tool at the top of the page.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 31, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #23,061 of 36,064
They're gonna send me an Encore! Nice. Not sure about whether it's going take more time though.
why are they sending g you an encode if you don't mind doing me askiNguyen. They sent my impressions to the wrong lab and they should have already been here. I have the option of acrylic instead of sla for free now but I wonder if I could talk Brannan into getting an encore and keeping the sla.

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #23,062 of 36,064
why are they sending g you an encode if you don't mind doing me askiNguyen. They sent my impressions to the wrong lab and they should have already been here. I have the option of acrylic instead of sla for free now but I wonder if I could talk Brannan into getting an encore and keeping the sla.

Or Encore and wizard! :p

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #23,063 of 36,064
Or Encore and wizard! :p
now your talking! I'm waiting on the email from Brannan to let me know what my options are. I will be happy with just encore or just wizard but both would be great. I was supposed to have them last week and now it will be 2 more weeks starting whenever Brannan emails me back. It has been an extremely long wait. Just ready to get them.

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #23,064 of 36,064
  Dear Wizard @FullCircle,

I think I do a pretty damn good job answering questions that Noble doesn't then have to come answer.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #23,065 of 36,064
I think I do a pretty damn good job answering questions that Noble doesn't then have to come answer.
you have always helped me out when I had questions Wata! Now if you can just get me my k10'son faster that would be great! Lol

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #23,066 of 36,064
Received my K10s today. A question about fit. Normally when I'm sitting looking ahead and jaw relaxed, there is not much sensation in and around my ears (though i can feel that they are in there still). But if I clench my jaw or open my mouth wide, or turn my head significantly to the left and right, I can feel the earphones more, like parts my ears are pushing into the acrylic (but i still the seal is still fine as they still sound the same). not a big deal since 99% of the time they are comfy, just wondering if this is normal for CIEM fit, as it is my first CIEM experience. thanks!

also coming from universal IEMs, the sensation of having K10 customs in my ear is different (in a way that I can't really describe, but neither is uncomfortable). is this something you need to get used to I guess?

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #23,067 of 36,064
Received my K10s today. A question about fit. Normally when I'm sitting looking ahead and jaw relaxed, there is not much sensation in and around my ears (though i can feel that they are in there still). But if I clench my jaw or open my mouth wide, or turn my head significantly to the left and right, I can feel the earphones more, like parts my ears are pushing into the acrylic (but i still the seal is still fine as they still sound the same). not a big deal since 99% of the time they are comfy, just wondering if this is normal for CIEM fit, as it is my first CIEM experience. thanks!

also coming from universal IEMs, the sensation of having K10 customs in my ear is different (in a way that I can't really describe, but neither is uncomfortable). is this something you need to get used to I guess?

Seems about right.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #23,068 of 36,064

IMO (I'm not an audiologist), this is normal, as I believe your ear canal flexes with the movement of your mouth or even the twisting of your head.  And they will feel different from iems with soft tips as the tips flex with your canals, whereas the acrylic will not.  If the seal remains, and they are comfortable with your face relaxed, it seems to me that you have a good fit.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #23,069 of 36,064

IMO (I'm not an audiologist), this is normal, as I believe your ear canal flexes with the movement of your mouth or even the twisting of your head.  And they will feel different from iems with soft tips as the tips flex with your canals, whereas the acrylic will not.  If the seal remains, and they are comfortable with your face relaxed, it seems to me that you have a good fit.

thanks for the info! currently testing long-term comfort, 1.5 hours in and still not feeling any discomfort, so I think I got a good fit.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #23,070 of 36,064
  thanks for the info! currently testing long-term comfort, 1.5 hours in and still not feeling any discomfort, so I think I got a good fit.

How do they sound??  
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back