Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 14, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #22,621 of 36,065

how does your audiologist know that they were received at the lab? i think impressions are all sent to their US office first, and noble is responsible for sending them to their lab after that, and the confirmation email will only come after the lab gets them, not the US office

you are right. I said that wrong. I meant that noble had received them in california.

oh if thats the case then you wont really be getting any confirmation until they are at the lab. i dont think noble sends out confirmations when they get them in the US office (unless after examining the impressions they see something wrong i think). the confirmation is only when the lab gets them

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #22,622 of 36,065
  Hi guys, new member here. Im looking for a new IEM to replace/upgrade from my westone w3. I was wondering which IEM in noble's lineup would you suggest?
Im guessing the SAVANNA but I'm not too sure. Another question is that does the Universal model stick out your ear a lot since the metal looks pretty bulky.
My budget is 800usd and just the universal model

thanks 

I would go for the Savant.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #22,623 of 36,065
  oh if thats the case then you wont really be getting any confirmation until they are at the lab. i dont think noble sends out confirmations when they get them in the US office (unless after examining the impressions they see something wrong i think). the confirmation is only when the lab gets them

Correct, Brannan will check them, if they pass inspection, the next communication will be when the lab receives them.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #22,624 of 36,065
Correct, Brannan will check them, if they pass inspection, the next communication will be when the lab receives them.
thanks watagump.I was a little confused about the process. The build time starts once you get the email saying they are at the lab right?

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #22,625 of 36,065
  i believe the 6-8 business day rush order starts when the impressions are received at the lab, not the US office

thought so... too bad.
so 12 days from US to CN - that makes it Oct 22nd, which is a Saturday, so Oct 24th untill they reach the lab, then six to eight business days which makes it November 2nd untill they are finished. then sent back to the UK and then to me. let's add another week to that. so November 9th... unfortunately I'll be working my ass off exactly that weekend, so even if they arrive by then, I can't enjoy them. really bad timing I guess.

if I'm lucky I will have my K10C (Wizard Design and Rush Order) in three weeks. probably more. ugh. I hate waiting.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #22,626 of 36,065
thought so... too bad.
so 12 days from US to CN - that makes it Oct 22nd, which is a Saturday, so Oct 24th untill they reach the lab, then six to eight business days which makes it November 2nd untill they are finished. then sent back to the UK and then to me. let's add another week to that. so November 9th... unfortunately I'll be working my ass off exactly that weekend, so even if they arrive by then, I can't enjoy them. really bad timing I guess.

if I'm lucky I will have my K10C (Wizard Design and Rush Order) in three weeks. probably more. ugh. I hate waiting.
im with u buddy!I hate waiting too. I've been about to drive my girl crazy wondering when they will be in California. Now that I know they have them in california im fine. Ups just scares because of mistakes. I k ow noble will do their part so im good now. Let the waiting begin!

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #22,627 of 36,065
im with u buddy!I hate waiting too. I've been about to drive my girl crazy wondering when they will be in California. Now that I know they have them in california im fine. Ups just scares because of mistakes. I k ow noble will do their part so im good now. Let the waiting begin!

I trust Noble does a great job, it's just that I am really impatient... and I don't want to wait another month.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #22,628 of 36,065
I trust Noble does a great job, it's just that I am really impatient... and I don't want to wait another month.
I completely understand. This process has already been a long one for me. Took several months to save up to get these so already feels like I've been waiting a lifetime!if i already had a really great set of iem's it wouldn't be as bad. I own a pair of westone um pro 20 and I like them but I know there is so much more to be had. This is my 1st really high end product and 1st custom product so I am very excited. Yes the wait sucks but it's gonna be really sweet when that package is delivered to the front door!I can't wait. Like a kid waiting on xmas morning! Lol

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #22,629 of 36,065
I completely understand. This process has already been a long one for me. Took several months to save up to get these so already feels like I've been waiting a lifetime!if i already had a really great set of iem's it wouldn't be as bad. I own a pair of westone um pro 20 and I like them but I know there is so much more to be had. This is my 1st really high end product and 1st custom product so I am very excited. Yes the wait sucks but it's gonna be really sweet when that package is delivered to the front door!I can't wait. Like a kid waiting on xmas morning! Lol

Same here actually, though I didn't decide on customs just untill recently. hard decision in the end which one to get.
I have an Andromeda also coming in next week, been listening to Jupiter for the past few months, great IEM, but the isolation and soundleakage from outside makes me mad sometimes.
one of the major reasons why I went for a custom was to block outside noise and protect my hearing and listen to lower volumes. and with iems that don't isolate that well I have to go to a higher volume just to not hear other people on the train or subway. but then that can damage my hearing on the long run. and my hearing is really important to me (guess to anyone around here actually, right). 

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #22,630 of 36,065
Ito not noble I was worried about its ups! I have had bad experiences with them. I just wanted to know that they were received at the lab. My audiologist called me and said that they were received at the lab yesterday at 2. Noble just hasn't sent an email yet.

I can agree with that. My delivery got delayed by over a week by UPS because their plane "broke down" so it didn't arrive in time for my holiday... Thankfully Gisele forwarded them to me as I was on holiday in the UK but still caused a load of unnecessary stress! Can't fault Noble or Gisele though, they were excellent just let down by shoddy couriers.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #22,631 of 36,065
Same here actually, though I didn't decide on customs just untill recently. hard decision in the end which one to get.

I have an Andromeda also coming in next week, been listening to Jupiter for the past few months, great IEM, but the isolation and soundleakage from outside makes me mad sometimes.
one of the major reasons why I went for a custom was to block outside noise and protect my hearing and listen to lower volumes. and with iems that don't isolate that well I have to go to a higher volume just to not hear other people on the train or subway. but then that can damage my hearing on the long run. and my hearing is really important to me (guess to anyone around here actually, right). 
I have always wanted a custom iem for the same reason. I have done tons of research and from what I read it should block ambient noise way better than any iem.also being comfortable is a big deal too. From what I've heard you can wear the custom for longer periods with no irritation. I got the k10 customs for the sound of course but being comfy and blocking out noise is most definitely something I look at when buying some thing that will be in my ears for long periods of time.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #22,632 of 36,065
I have always wanted a custom iem for the same reason. I have done tons of research and from what I read it should block ambient noise way better than any iem.also being comfortable is a big deal too. From what I've heard you can wear the custom for longer periods with no irritation. I got the k10 customs for the sound of course but being comfy and blocking out noise is most definitely something I look at when buying some thing that will be in my ears for long periods of time.

it should definitely do that. yeah, comfort also always was an issue. first, and still the most, comfortable earphone I've worn was AK T8iE, but it does not isolate well and broke down shortly after I got it... then Jupiter which I'm still using. but I expect the K10C to beat the living crap out of it in all aspects. 
The price was a little hard to swallow, but in the end I wanted to settle for something that will keep me happy for a long period.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #22,633 of 36,065

Block out noise better than any iem

Not really, especially when compared to the ER4p

More comfortable than any iem, I'd say that is a fairly safe assumption, but is still a subject statement

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 14, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #22,634 of 36,065
Block out noise better than any iem

Not really, especially when compared to the ER4p

More comfortable than any iem, I'd say that is a fairly safe assumption, but is still a subject statement
the blocking out noise isn't bigger than being comfortable to me because I wear my westone um pro 20 at work. I work outside so no way am I wearing my k10's out there. They will be my baby!plan on treating them as good as I do my 9 yr old son Lennon! Lol. I really feel like I will be 100% happy with this product. I have studied the k10 like I'll be having a freaking college exam on it. I cant find any reviews I havnt read!

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #22,635 of 36,065
thanks watagump.I was a little confused about the process. The build time starts once you get the email saying they are at the lab right?

Yes, last time I spoke with Brannan about it, they were at 8 weeks time, not sure what they are at right now. One thing that has always been the same for me is shipping, once they are done, it has only taken a few days to arrive, with their standard shipping they use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back