Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #22,276 of 36,055
  Tic Toc

Two Wizard Savants universals remain up for grabs on the website at a 25% discount

Holy damn. That's MYR 1855...

That's actually even cheaper than the Campfire Audio Orion here...but I am not sure about shipping fees and stuff lol.

And I estimate that I won't be able to afford it until middle of November which is a long time and I bet they would've been sold out by then... 
frown.gif

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #22,278 of 36,055
  Holy damn. That's MYR 1855...

That's actually even cheaper than the Campfire Audio Orion here...but I am not sure about shipping fees and stuff lol.

And I estimate that I won't be able to afford it until middle of November which is a long time and I bet they would've been sold out by then... 
frown.gif

Don't forget the tax our beloved customs like to charge for headphones.  GST + 6% can be a killer.  Then again iems miiiight slip past them, at least my K10Us did.

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #22,279 of 36,055

Don't forget the tax our beloved customs like to charge for headphones.  GST + 6% can be a killer.  Then again iems miiiight slip past them, at least my K10Us did.

Ugh...don't remind me of that...damn the 6%. Damn the GST for making things difficult for us consumers to buy stuffs...
mad.gif

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #22,280 of 36,055
  Ugh...don't remind me of that...damn the 6%. Damn the GST for making things difficult for us consumers to buy stuffs...
mad.gif

I feel you on that one... 20% plus fees in the UK which was painful to pay on my K10s 
redface.gif
. All worth it in the long run though! 
L3000.gif

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #22,281 of 36,055
In Denmark it's 25% VAT on everything plus 2% import tax on headphones, plus a fixed $24 import fee, bringing a set of Katanas to a grand total of $2400.

Plus the cost of the divorce lawyers if she ever finds out :D

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #22,282 of 36,055
In Denmark it's 25% VAT on everything plus 2% import tax on headphones, plus a fixed $24 import fee, bringing a set of Katanas to a grand total of $2400.

Plus the cost of the divorce lawyers if she ever finds out
biggrin.gif

I hear lawyers can be rather expensive as they like to make things harder than any normal discussion has a right to be. Does remind me of the story behind my new Mjolnir 2 though, I got an open box discount despite the fact that the guy who originally purchased it didn't even have time to unseal it from the wrapper inside the box before his wife demanded he returned it because she saw the price on the invoice... 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #22,285 of 36,055
I hear lawyers can be rather expensive as they like to make things harder than any normal discussion has a right to be. Does remind me of the story behind my new Mjolnir 2 though, I got an open box discount despite the fact that the guy who originally purchased it didn't even have time to unseal it from the wrapper inside the box before his wife demanded he returned it because she saw the price on the invoice... :rolleyes:  

Ouch!

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #22,286 of 36,055

I know right! Worked out well for me though, got a new item with full warranty support for £200 less than RRP 
beyersmile.png

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #22,287 of 36,055
The solution was to disconnect one of the devices I think. I always have at least two devices connected to it. As soon as I disconnected others all seems well. :) for now anyway.

Awesome.. come to think of it, my car audio goes bonkers as well when i have several bt devices going as well

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 30, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #22,289 of 36,055

Noble Savant Impression

...Smoooooooooooooooooooothness....

Impressions are done with Dita Answer L sized silicone tips with Fiio X1 + E12A at Low Gain + Bass Boost on.

The first thing that came to my mind was how surprisingly smooth these thing sound. It was so smooth that I swear these things are supposed to be the high end range of the Noble. I was so curious as to what has the Wizard done exactly. What type of black magic does he use to make the Savant sound so retardedly smooth that I seem to just forget about analyzing this IEM and was briefly lost in the smoothness displayed by its performance?!

The buttery smooth sound was just too much to take in and it caught me off balance that I have to keep replaying my tracks to see what I've missed from all the excitement the first time I put em' on.

To the scoring, yo!

Clarity/Detail

These things don't play around. The clarity is truly astounding. Detail retrieval almost seemed like it was done effortlessly because I can easily pinpoint many hidden details that would otherwise be veiled on other cheaper IEMs that don't even try to sound revealing if at all. It was so clear that I felt listening to songs from Of Monsters and Men was like a mesmerizing and eerie journey to what it's like to enjoy music that are both dark yet serene sounding at the same time. It sets the atmosphere well with the right amount of emotion conveyed through these detail pick ups.

Instruments sounded just as how I imagine them to sound like from my knowledge in testing TOTL portable equipments.

Savant gets an effortless yet superb 9/10 in Clarity/Detail. Absolutely mind-boggling.

Soundstage

Admitedly the soundstage isn't the biggest I've heard but the 3D imaging is easily convincing enough for me to forget about it. In fact, I am kind of glad the soundstage isn't too big because when your soundstage is too wide and tall, sometimes certain instruments became a bit too distant and you might not be able to listen to them played clearly.

The P1 has a bigger soundstage than this, but this seemed to be designed for a more personal listening session than pulling you into a music concert hall.

It's a more than acceptable sense for me since I don't want to be looking for the instruments myself, I want to feel it naturally when I reached out for it without trying too hard.

Savant's soundstage gets a solid 8/10 from me.

Bass

The bass presented to me is not only punchy with a well-paced decay, it's extremely well-controlled, plenty of body and clean. In fact it sounded so clean that it reminded me of what it's like to experience wonderful clean bass. The last time I experienced such clean bass was from Empire Ears line ups, Dita The Answer and Audio Technica CKR10.

Drums sound especially wonderful with the bass tuning here, and I find myself constantly listening to rock and metal music thanks to this. Linkin Park never sounded so good before.

Metallica sounded especially engaging with their instruments running on full cylinders.

Bass is a very strong 9.3/10.

Mids

Lush, organic and full of life. 

Listening to vocal tracks were a joy with the Savant because of how intimate and natural they sound. Above all it's just so smooth going through the singers' voices.

Emotions were conveyed beautifully and I can listen to Lenka for hours thanks to this. Her airy voice feels like enveloping my ears with a pair of fluffy clouds. In fact, Lenka's Blue Skies made me feel like I am imagining myself flying above an airplane looking at the clear blue sky for once. Wizard has clearly done some magic tuning here with the drivers.

Piano music and jazz sounded just as relaxing and soulful too. This is a joy to me.

Mids get a very amazing and strong 8.8/10.

Treble

Absolutely smooth and almost sibilant-free. This is great for my sensitive ears.

I was able to enjoy plenty of tracks thanks to the very well-tamed treble of the Savant. Cymbals decay very naturally, and picking up the airy sound of certain instruments or singers seemed effortless.

Have I forgot to mention just how smooth the treble was? I think I haven't. It's smooth. Simple as that.

Thanks to the sibilance being tamed well here, listening to plenty of tracks that have fair bit of them was far more tolerable than I thought. And this is quite a job-well-done since my ears are very sensitive to the piercing "sss" sounds.

Treble of the Savant gets an 8.5/10 from me.

Nicely done.

Conclusion

It's no surprise here. I love the Savant very much. It ticked most of the boxes I want in my book and it passed the mid-centric standard in my gauge with near flying colors.

The overall smooth sound of the Savant just made me curse myself for not being able to afford it even if I want to, which is a shame.

It's slightly mid-centric nature and tamed treble made listening on long sessions a more ideal choice than other competitors. This is one of those IEMs that will stay with my preference choice for a long, long time.

-------------

Next in line: The Noble Dulce Bass.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #22,290 of 36,055
The solution was to disconnect one of the devices I think. I always have at least two devices connected to it. As soon as I disconnected others all seems well. :) for now anyway.

Awesome.. come to think of it, my car audio goes bonkers as well when i have several bt devices going as well

Probably because it's getting too long in the tooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back