Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 13, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #21,991 of 36,065
You guys know that there is a lightning to 3.5mm adapter in the box for each iPhone 7, right. For me it doesn't matter much, since there are amazing products like the Hifi-Skÿn from CEntrance my trusty RSA The Predator, JDS Labs C5D, ifi iDSD nano and micro, Oppo HA-2, AK 200p and others on the market for years now that connect to the lightning port, use their own DAC/amp and have a beautiful "historic" 3.5mm socket. And they all sound to my ears a tad better than the iPhone direct.

Anyhow, if you are not invested in the Apple ecosystem, it might be worthwhile looking at the LG V20. I have the predecessor V10 and it's as good as it gets (for a phone) in regards to sound quality with a ESS Sabre 9018 DAC and Sabre amp. And of course a headphone jack. It also takes a micro-ad card for your music :wink:

However - Noble's own BTS works just fine with any iPhone and Android device.

Cheers.

A shame it seems the V20 won't be coming to the UK... was very tempted by it.

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #21,992 of 36,065
I'm surprised that you are using the BTS with the Mojo. IIRC even Noble accepts that the BTS degrades SQ and is a convenience for non critical situations. When the Mojo would seem superfluous.

He's not using it with the Mojo, he doesn't have it yet, and you can't use the BTS with the Mojo (no Bluetooth from Mojo). He's just saying he won't use the headphone jack of an iPhone if he uses the BTS or the Mojo.

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #21,993 of 36,065
He's not using it with the Mojo, he doesn't have it yet, and you can't use the BTS with the Mojo (no Bluetooth from Mojo). He's just saying he won't use the headphone jack of an iPhone if he uses the BTS or the Mojo.

Ah. Got it.

Sep 14, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #21,994 of 36,065

Exactly, thank you for your translation services.

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #21,995 of 36,065
So now i am having a second dilemma besides not being able to choose between the Django or the k10. What originally brought me to Nobel was the Wizard designed iems. I love them, but i have always wanted a pair of customs in a specific color and thus far none of the ones i have were able to get in that color. Horrible first world dilemma. So shoukd one get a wizzard design or get the color?
Here  is the color

And here are some wizard designs i love.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #21,997 of 36,065
Actually 2-pin lightning cable with a good dac inside would be pretty cool. I'm sure some company will make it even if it won't be Noble.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #21,998 of 36,065
  So now i am having a second dilemma besides not being able to choose between the Django or the k10. What originally brought me to Nobel was the Wizard designed iems. I love them, but i have always wanted a pair of customs in a specific color and thus far none of the ones i have were able to get in that color. Horrible first world dilemma. So shoukd one get a wizzard design or get the color?
Here  is the color

And here are some wizard designs i love.

That first set is a teal blue set I built maybe 10 years ago (made in Thailand).  The color would have been hand mixed, the subsequent CIEMs such as the dragon scale and the meteorite CIEMs can not be built with teal green.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 14, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #21,999 of 36,065

That first set is a teal blue set I built maybe 10 years ago (made in Thailand).  The color would have been hand mixed, the subsequent CIEMs such as the dragon scale and the meteorite CIEMs can not be built with teal green.

So do you think you are able to mix the color and do something like the color I posted on the top?

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #22,001 of 36,065
  So do you think you are able to mix the color and do something like the color I posted on the top?

It really is a nice color.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #22,003 of 36,065
As a Noble BTS owning Android user with a Chord Mojo underway, I am not that worried about Apple getting rid of the last standards compliant connector on their iOS devices. Heck, for the record I think it'll drive development of personal wireless audio forward and I applaud that.

So, you decided to get the Mojo over the Hugo. I'll be curious to learn you think of the Mojo/K10 combo (my current setup) compared with your previous audition of the Hugo.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #22,004 of 36,065
Damn. Permanent damage, all for that temporary feeling of the wind in my hair. Now I've got no hearing and I've got no hair.

No hair on the left side?
biggrin.gif
  Honestly, I have both those things in common with you.

Sep 14, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #22,005 of 36,065
So, you decided to get the Mojo over the Hugo. I'll be curious to learn you think of the Mojo/K10 combo (my current setup) compared with your previous audition of the Hugo.

The size and simpler layout of the Mojo won me over. Well, that and the price tag, obviously. I'll get a chance to compare it head on with the Hugo and to hear if that Mojo & Katana combo really is as good as people say... The Little Brown Truck of Happiness™ should be here in about 16 hours, I kinda want to set up camp outside and start waiting. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back