Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 1, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #20,881 of 36,058
My assumption would be 3x low 1x high, 1x mid for the Dulce. :D

I need to know before i order either so i am hoping noble will answer.

Ultimately it doesn't matter much. I have one driver IEMS that have more bass than multi drivers. I know you want to know, but I wouldn't base my decision upon the driver configuration specifically as it means very little.

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #20,883 of 36,058
Bought a Savanna! I hope to make comparisons between the classic N4 and the Savanna when it shows up.

Happy Birthday, @FullCircle!

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #20,887 of 36,058
Ultimately it doesn't matter much. I have one driver IEMS that have more bass than multi drivers. I know you want to know, but I wouldn't base my decision upon the driver configuration specifically as it means very little.

Correct, as the implementation, x over design, impedance, dampers used, also determines the sound. One could have 8 bass drivers, and one high freq driver, but if the impedance of the bass drivers is extremely high, all you would hear is treble

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 1, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #20,891 of 36,058
Headphone Bar FTW! I picked up my Noble 3's from there on sale. Here is a quick review after a few days of listening. An enlightening experience. 

Hey All,

I have never been an IEM person. I have just stuck with headphones as they suited my needs. IEM land always seemed confusing. Do I get customs? What brands are any good? Will they be any good compare to full size headphones? Where do I even begin???

I have been doing a lot of travelling lately, and just been using my M&D ME03 that were given to me by a friend. They are great, and were suiting me well, but I started to get an itch to try something new. I had a poke around on my local shops website, and saw that the Noble 3’s were on sale, as a whole new line of Noble products were coming in. I started researching Noble, and every other IEM brand I could find on my local shops website. It was a whole new world. How many drivers do I want? What tips are good/fit? What sort of frequency response am I looking for? I decided, after a lot of searching, that I didn’t want to/couldn’t after the purchase of the WA8, spend a lot of money on my first pair of “real” IEMS. So, with them being on sale, and getting a bit of a combo deal with the WA8, I decided on purchasing the Noble 3’s.

I have spent two days with them now, listening pretty much non stop, to all different kinds of music. Holy ****. I’m blown away. I didn’t know IEMS could be this good. Next time I am in the local shop I will try out some other brands and higher up the line Nobles, just to see what is possible with IEMS. They sound SO good compared to what I thought was possible. Now, obviously they are different than full size headphones, just as full size headphones are different from speakers. With that being said, I’m wondering what a custom Kaiser 10 would sound like. Would they match, or even beat out my full size cans??? I never thought that was possible with IEMS until I tried these Noble 3’s…..but I really think it might be now. I can’t wait to try the Kaiser 10’s, and other top of the line models.

I don’t travel enough to justify spending 2 grand plus on a pair of earphones, as most of my listening time is at home, in a very quiet room. Full size open cans are the way to go for me most of the time. These Noble 3’s are probably as far as I will ever go in terms of actually purchasing IEMS. I’ll try out other kinds as I said just to see what is possible, but unless I start travelling more, or other circumstances change, the Noble 3’s are probably it.

So. Impressions. All the listening with the Noble 3’s over the past two days was done with my iPhone, straight out of the headphone jack, my computers headphone out, the chord Mojo, and the Woo Audio WA8. I wanted to see what the differences were from all 4 sources. Obviously the Mojo and the Woo were preferred and sounded better, but these can be run from your phone or computers headphone out no problem :) The music used for testing these out ranged from electronic, to jazz, to orchestral, to rock, and some metal here and there.

Noble says the 3’s have a V shaped frequency response. “Controlled, Impactful low end, and far reaching highs. I would agree with that statement, for the most part.

Bass: I am a bit of a basshead, so I pay a lot of attention to the bass of whatever I am testing. These were super! “Controlled, and impactful” sums it up well. No shortage of sub bass extension from what I could hear, and you can almost…feel…the bass. Very impressive for an IEM. I look forward to trying other models and brands to see how their bass compares to these. Can it get better? Supposedly, but these are pretty darn competent in the low end.

Mids: A bit recessed. Definitely not an Audeze LCD model. These are not “warm” IEMS. Very good for electronic and rock/metal, but lacking a little bit when it comes to orchestral, and film scores. Vocals are presented well, but could be a bit more forward. I guess this is to be expected with the V shaped frequency response? Not sure. Compared to my apple ear buds?…..just a tad better. If you like electronic music, rock, metal, but especially electronic, I think these would be right up your alley.

Highs: A bit sibilant I think. Really not enough to bother me, but it is noticeable. If you crank the volume, the highs can get a bit piercing. With that being said, the highs are clear, and extend very well. A bit sparkly.

EQ: These IEMS respond VERY well to EQ. They can take a lot of it should you wish. What I found to work best for my ears, was a bit of a boost in the low end, a tiny boost in the mids, and bringing down the highs a bit. This allowed me to go louder, with less piercing highs. Obviously this will be very person dependant, but bringing down the highs a bit really improved my experience with these earphones. They were still clear, and far extending, but it just knocked off a bit sibilance and made them easier to listen to. Some hate EQ, some love it. I like experimenting with it, and sometimes I like no EQ at all. With these, they really benefit from it. Play around, have fun, its non destructive and you can go back to no EQ with the click of a button :)

All in all. WOW. IEMS can be killer. They can be so much more than apple earbuds. They can take you places, just like full sized headphones. I can’t wait to try more models out, both from Noble and other manufacturers, though I will probably never buy another pair…….. Maybe.

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #20,892 of 36,058
Headphone Bar FTW! I picked up my Noble 3's from there on sale. Here is a quick review after a few days of listening. An enlightening experience. 

Hey All,

I have never been an IEM person. I have just stuck with headphones as they suited my needs. IEM land always seemed confusing. Do I get customs? What brands are any good? Will they be any good compare to full size headphones? Where do I even begin???

I have been doing a lot of travelling lately, and just been using my M&D ME03 that were given to me by a friend. They are great, and were suiting me well, but I started to get an itch to try something new. I had a poke around on my local shops website, and saw that the Noble 3’s were on sale, as a whole new line of Noble products were coming in. I started researching Noble, and every other IEM brand I could find on my local shops website. It was a whole new world. How many drivers do I want? What tips are good/fit? What sort of frequency response am I looking for? I decided, after a lot of searching, that I didn’t want to/couldn’t after the purchase of the WA8, spend a lot of money on my first pair of “real” IEMS. So, with them being on sale, and getting a bit of a combo deal with the WA8, I decided on purchasing the Noble 3’s.

I have spent two days with them now, listening pretty much non stop, to all different kinds of music. Holy ****. I’m blown away. I didn’t know IEMS could be this good. Next time I am in the local shop I will try out some other brands and higher up the line Nobles, just to see what is possible with IEMS. They sound SO good compared to what I thought was possible. Now, obviously they are different than full size headphones, just as full size headphones are different from speakers. With that being said, I’m wondering what a custom Kaiser 10 would sound like. Would they match, or even beat out my full size cans??? I never thought that was possible with IEMS until I tried these Noble 3’s…..but I really think it might be now. I can’t wait to try the Kaiser 10’s, and other top of the line models.

I don’t travel enough to justify spending 2 grand plus on a pair of earphones, as most of my listening time is at home, in a very quiet room. Full size open cans are the way to go for me most of the time. These Noble 3’s are probably as far as I will ever go in terms of actually purchasing IEMS. I’ll try out other kinds as I said just to see what is possible, but unless I start travelling more, or other circumstances change, the Noble 3’s are probably it.

So. Impressions. All the listening with the Noble 3’s over the past two days was done with my iPhone, straight out of the headphone jack, my computers headphone out, the chord Mojo, and the Woo Audio WA8. I wanted to see what the differences were from all 4 sources. Obviously the Mojo and the Woo were preferred and sounded better, but these can be run from your phone or computers headphone out no problem :) The music used for testing these out ranged from electronic, to jazz, to orchestral, to rock, and some metal here and there.

Noble says the 3’s have a V shaped frequency response. “Controlled, Impactful low end, and far reaching highs. I would agree with that statement, for the most part.

Bass: I am a bit of a basshead, so I pay a lot of attention to the bass of whatever I am testing. These were super! “Controlled, and impactful” sums it up well. No shortage of sub bass extension from what I could hear, and you can almost…feel…the bass. Very impressive for an IEM. I look forward to trying other models and brands to see how their bass compares to these. Can it get better? Supposedly, but these are pretty darn competent in the low end.

Mids: A bit recessed. Definitely not an Audeze LCD model. These are not “warm” IEMS. Very good for electronic and rock/metal, but lacking a little bit when it comes to orchestral, and film scores. Vocals are presented well, but could be a bit more forward. I guess this is to be expected with the V shaped frequency response? Not sure. Compared to my apple ear buds?…..just a tad better. If you like electronic music, rock, metal, but especially electronic, I think these would be right up your alley.

Highs: A bit sibilant I think. Really not enough to bother me, but it is noticeable. If you crank the volume, the highs can get a bit piercing. With that being said, the highs are clear, and extend very well. A bit sparkly.

EQ: These IEMS respond VERY well to EQ. They can take a lot of it should you wish. What I found to work best for my ears, was a bit of a boost in the low end, a tiny boost in the mids, and bringing down the highs a bit. This allowed me to go louder, with less piercing highs. Obviously this will be very person dependant, but bringing down the highs a bit really improved my experience with these earphones. They were still clear, and far extending, but it just knocked off a bit sibilance and made them easier to listen to. Some hate EQ, some love it. I like experimenting with it, and sometimes I like no EQ at all. With these, they really benefit from it. Play around, have fun, its non destructive and you can go back to no EQ with the click of a button :)

All in all. WOW. IEMS can be killer. They can be so much more than apple earbuds. They can take you places, just like full sized headphones. I can’t wait to try more models out, both from Noble and other manufacturers, though I will probably never buy another pair…….. Maybe.
(

This about sums up my experience with the Noble 3s. I agree with your description of the bass too...it almost felt " alive", it had some addicting quality to it. I had the RHA T10s previously, and their sibilance was off the charts, so the Noble 3s seemed fine to me. The recessed midrange must have been what caused the sound to feel a bit lacking somehow. Other headlhones that claim mid prominence usually sound artificial though, so IDK where to go. But the N3s were excellent.

As you said though, IEMs don't compare to over ears.

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #20,894 of 36,058
Great. Welcome to Noble. What made you choose the Savanna?

I chose the Savanna/h as neither the V sound of the Trident or the bass-focus of the Dulce suit my preferences. Airiness/transparency on the other hand are important to me and are supposed highlights of the Savanna. Everything else past that point was a bit too expensive for me personally.

One thing that I'm also really about are the mids which the Savanna and its predecessor the Noble 4 are supposed to excel at. 

Only concern is someone posting it can sound "dry" as liquid, lush mids are extremely satisfying but hey, this is something I can judge when I receive them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back