Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 11, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #20,596 of 36,116
So....you're saying they are comfortable?  Just making sure...:D

Seriously, I can wear mine for hours. (up to 8 during some long distance travel) and they are still easy on the ears in their fit. The sound is always stellar.

First flight of the day = 6 hours. As soon as this plane takes off it will be another 5! No hurts at all!

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #20,597 of 36,116

So....you're saying they are comfortable?  Just making sure...
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I can wear mine for hours. (up to 8 during some long distance travel) and they are still easy on the ears in their fit. The sound is always stellar.

First flight of the day = 6 hours. As soon as this plane takes off it will be another 5! No hurts at all!

Another satisfied customer!

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #20,598 of 36,116
You know what would be amazing? A new Noble product. A cable with built in dac/amp for iPhone lightning connection, like Audeze's Cipher cable. Brilliant idea. Maybe I could be a product development manager at Noble.
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #20,599 of 36,116
You know what would be amazing? A new Noble product. A cable with built in dac/amp for iPhone lightning connection, like Audeze's Cipher cable. Brilliant idea. Maybe I could be a product development manager at Noble. :p  

Brilliant idea! I just ordered a couple of inline devices to try but don't expect much. A Noble product specific to the K10 would be excellent. Kickstarter? I'm in.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #20,600 of 36,116
Brilliant idea! I just ordered a couple of inline devices to try but don't expect much. A Noble product specific to the K10 would be excellent. Kickstarter? I'm in.

Agreed. Also, since lots of other brands use 2 pin connectors, the market would not be limited to Noble IEMs but to many other brands as well. Return on investment would be very high since there's no such cable for IEMs at the moment. It would also eliminate the need for a separated dac/amp if a good dac chip is used.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #20,601 of 36,116
Hey y'all, I'm entertaining the idea of replacing my headphone rig with a pair of high-end CIEMs. How do Kaiser, Django and Dulce differ from each other? Also, is there a difference in comfort between acrylic and silicone? I was initially only interested in K10, but the talk of Dulce being the IEM equivalent of TH-900 a few pages back peaked my curiosity of the other models, too.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #20,602 of 36,116
Hey y'all, I'm entertaining the idea of replacing my headphone rig with a pair of high-end CIEMs. How do Kaiser, Django and Dulce differ from each other? Also, is there a difference in comfort between acrylic and silicone? I was initially only interested in K10, but the talk of Dulce being the IEM equivalent of TH-900 a few pages back peaked my curiosity of the other models, too.

I still feel the K10 is the best, out of the 3 you listed, the Django is the closest to the K10 IMHO. The Dulce on the other hand is the most unique sound in the line up, VERY mid forward, but extremely detailed and clear mids, awesome on vocals. I have never tried a silicone CIEM, so I cant comment on that, but I will say again, my K10 is hands down the most comfortable CIEM I have ever owned.

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #20,603 of 36,116
I still feel the K10 is the best, out of the 3 you listed, the Django is the closest to the K10 IMHO. The Dulce on the other hand is the most unique sound in the line up, VERY mid forward, but extremely detailed and clear mids, awesome on vocals. I have never tried a silicone CIEM, so I cant comment on that, but I will say again, my K10 is hands down the most comfortable CIEM I have ever owned.

I second Wata's description of the Dulce's mids. if the mids were not as powerful as they are, the bass could easily overpower them. As I mentioned a a few pages ago, the Dulce works really well for vocal + bass tracks. If your musical tastes lean towards R&B, Rap, Pop, etc, you should definitely give the Dulce a test drive.

I find the K10 and the Dulce to be very good compliments for my tastes in music. The K10 gives me balance and refinement and the Dulce gives raw power. If, as Wata says, the Django is similar to the K10, then I can see the Django and Dulce complimenting each other quite well.

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #20,605 of 36,116
So now that I've got a bit of spare cash, thinking of picking up a Noble piece (finally). Before I do that, however, I did have a bit of a quick question.

Naturally there has to be some sort of difference between the Acrylic/Silicone/SLA customs, though I'm not sure if it's substantial in regards to sound quality or anything. I've had plenty acrylic customs, and while I've never had silicone custom IEMs, I did have custom sleeves made for an old pair of headphones I had (UM3X) so I sort of know how those work as well. Is it mostly just the fact that silicone is softer and expands a bit, so the seal/isolation is better? Or am I missing something here?

I'm totally out of the loop on the SLA 3D printed ones as well, so if anyone can shed any light on this stuff, that'd be awesome!

In case it matters, given that my main IEMs are my JH16s, I'm thinking of getting a custom Savanna, due to them being (I believe) the new edition of the Noble 4's, which my friend really loves and raves about, and the fact that they're meant to be for the most part very balanced and neutral.

The Django seems it'd be closer to my JH16s in sound (bit more musically orientated than neutral) so trying to avoid having two IEMs that do the same thing. The other option would be to save up some more and get some K10s, but I don't know if I want to go that high yet... unless there's a sale soon or something cool like that :)

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #20,606 of 36,116

I second Wata's description of the Dulce's mids. if the mids were not as powerful as they are, the bass could easily overpower them. As I mentioned a a few pages ago, the Dulce works really well for vocal + bass tracks. If your musical tastes lean towards R&B, Rap, Pop, etc, you should definitely give the Dulce a test drive.
I find the K10 and the Dulce to be very good compliments for my tastes in music. The K10 gives me balance and refinement and the Dulce gives raw power. If, as Wata says, the Django is similar to the K10, then I can see the Django and Dulce complimenting each other quite well.

Thanks! I feel like K10's would be the way to go as far as having one set of headphones. The Dulce does sound like a ton of fun though. I mostly listen to rock and metal, but depending on the mood I do listen to fair amount of pop and electronic too. I understand K10 still has plenty of punch in the bass even though it's balanced? I don't think I'll have a chance to test them anywhere.

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #20,607 of 36,116
  So now that I've got a bit of spare cash, thinking of picking up a Noble piece (finally). Before I do that, however, I did have a bit of a quick question.

Naturally there has to be some sort of difference between the Acrylic/Silicone/SLA customs, though I'm not sure if it's substantial in regards to sound quality or anything. I've had plenty acrylic customs, and while I've never had silicone custom IEMs, I did have custom sleeves made for an old pair of headphones I had (UM3X) so I sort of know how those work as well. Is it mostly just the fact that silicone is softer and expands a bit, so the seal/isolation is better? Or am I missing something here?

I'm totally out of the loop on the SLA 3D printed ones as well, so if anyone can shed any light on this stuff, that'd be awesome!

In case it matters, given that my main IEMs are my JH16s, I'm thinking of getting a custom Savanna, due to them being (I believe) the new edition of the Noble 4's, which my friend really loves and raves about, and the fact that they're meant to be for the most part very balanced and neutral.

The Django seems it'd be closer to my JH16s in sound (bit more musically orientated than neutral) so trying to avoid having two IEMs that do the same thing. The other option would be to save up some more and get some K10s, but I don't know if I want to go that high yet... unless there's a sale soon or something cool like that :)

Kirby, you are the guy from little Caesars right? If you want to come have a listen, July will be your chance.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807600/cavalli-audio-presents-the-source-av-s-summer-series-2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Back