Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 31, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #19,322 of 36,135
It's been a looooong wait, but here's my belated Christmas 2015/early Christmas 2016 present from me to me. I'm now waiting for Best in the Verse IEM cable in matching red and blue paracords.

I'd like to thank Brannan and Sunny for this wonderful pair and for being patient with my emails. Definitely a satisfied listener!

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #19,323 of 36,135
  It's been a looooong wait, but here's my belated Christmas 2015/early Christmas 2016 present from me to me. I'm now waiting for Best in the Verse IEM cable in matching red and blue paracords.

I'd like to thank Brannan and Sunny for this wonderful pair and for being patient with my emails. Definitely a satisfied listener!

welcome and enjoy! :D

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #19,324 of 36,135
Sup folks. A small piece of the acrylic shell fell off my custom K10. It still works perfectly fine and does not seem to affect the sound. Should I get the shell replaced? Not sure if they could reshell it with the same design/material...

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #19,325 of 36,135
  Sup folks. A small piece of the acrylic shell fell off my custom K10. It still works perfectly fine and does not seem to affect the sound. Should I get the shell replaced? Not sure if they could reshell it with the same design/material...

Mine had to have the left side redone, so they can get it close enough to the original.

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #19,327 of 36,135
It's very well built (made in Japan) with optical-in recording function for mini disc =)

No doubt, I meant that reference as a compliment
biggrin.gif
I loved my 301, for that era of MD players and portables they really got close to DAT at a lower price
wink_face.gif

Still not taken my MDX 793 recorder out of my main rig
bigsmile_face.gif
(Top Shelf in this old configuration)

beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #19,331 of 36,135
It's aluminum.  

What's weird is my earlier set of (also aluminum) K10Us seemed really balanced and these seem too fat in the bass.  Knowing that the electronics must be pretty simple (just transduction, right? No frequency response or filtering in them, right?  And no amplification, meaning they can't drive a low end driver in these harder than in my previous pair), odds are if I had a bad driver it would only be one and it would be audible as a balance difference in a frequency sweep.  But a sweep stays perfectly centered.  So I'm mystified...

Oh, and thanks for the tips idea.  I did try a bunch of tips, thinking that if I moved the drivers a little further from my eardrums it might solve it.  That idea didn't work too well.  Tried opening a tiny hole, but that killed the bass altogether as makes sense.  

I mean tips with different bore sizes. Some tips like the spiral dots have huge bores, sonys have small bores, and these all affect the sound :)

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #19,334 of 36,135
I am aware that Wizard recommends the stock cable, but it is just so tempting to replace the cable to alter the sound to individual's preference.  Having said that, it is extremely difficult to find a good cable, at the moment I am using custom built Double Helix, welcome any comments.  I don't have permission to post photo so please follow the below link:-

http://upload.review33.com/avforum/201603/201603302302281180.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back