Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 6, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #18,661 of 36,065
Spiral Dots - got them from eBay, make sure it's JVC and buy only from Japanese sellers.

Alright. I just found them on Amazon with Prime Shipping so I might go that route. Though its like $17 for a pack of 6.

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #18,662 of 36,065
I'd love to experiment with different cables, because they sure look purdy, but I simply can't oblige thick cables for IEMs. I use mine for hours on end, so for me, it's Linum or bust :grinning:

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #18,663 of 36,065
I'd love to experiment with different cables, because they sure look purdy, but I simply can't oblige thick cables for IEMs. I use mine for hours on end, so for me, it's Linum or bust :grinning:

Have you tried their unreleased Linum Super BaX? I know they had a few demo/samples for testers. I heard they are the bomb. Like they explode with quality.

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #18,665 of 36,065
  I wear glasses and thick cables or thin, none of them bother me. I haven't done as thin as the Linum though.

Funny thing is my RayBan CF glasses don't hug my ears and I use my IEMs to keep them on my face when looking and moving around, like longboarding. Ain't that funny

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #18,666 of 36,065
  Funny thing is my RayBan CF glasses don't hug my ears and I use my IEMs to keep them on my face when looking and moving around, like longboarding. Ain't that funny

Nope, I am the only funny one on head-fi. 
cool.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #18,670 of 36,065
Have you tried their unreleased Linum Super BaX? I know they had a few demo/samples for testers. I heard they are the bomb. Like they explode with quality.

I was the first non-Linum employee to hear it :D

Visited Estron (Linum HQ) as they're located only 30 minutes from where I live:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/740807/so-i-got-to-visit-estron-makers-of-the-linum-cable-hq

Somehow talked my way to a Super Bax review sample:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/757354/ergonomic-perfection-yes-at-a-price-the-linum-super-balanced-cable

...which I've been rocking ever since:

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #18,671 of 36,065

I was the first non-Linum employee to hear it :D

Visited Estron (Linum HQ) as they're located only 30 minutes from where I live:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/740807/so-i-got-to-visit-estron-makers-of-the-linum-cable-hq

Somehow talked my way to a Super Bax review sample:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/757354/ergonomic-perfection-yes-at-a-price-the-linum-super-balanced-cable

...which I've been rocking ever since:

I've been interested in the Super Bax cable since I read a preview on Headfonia a while back though I am disappointed, though not surprised that the MMCX and T2 connectors are releasing first.

Bought a Bax cable on Friday though which is on my Savant and the pairing is excellent. Would absolutely recommend the Bax for the Savant.

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #18,672 of 36,065
Finally, after a week upon receiving my onkyo i'm confident enough to share some impressions.

First off, Its being paired with my tried and trusted, 2 year old Noble Audio K10's and a brand new linum bax balanced cable.

i'm gonna keep it short cos i'm not very good with all the audio terms used, i L.O.V.E it.

I commute a lot to work and back home, a good 2 hours everyday and this thing has made them so lovely because.

The cable is DARN TOOTIN LIGHT, seems almost weightless and adds to the overall comfort. my ears don't feel weighed down. (Thanks sorensiim for the great recommendation)

Now, my last player was the ZX-1 and that thing is no slouch either BUT the onkyo trumps it in every department. Straight out of the box, I immediately notice a greater soundstage and there is a sense of quality to it.....i don't know how else to describe it except by calling it better resolution.

My tracks have been elevated and given more life, there is no fatigue, there is a top, middle and bottom and just an overall HOORAH about it. Soundwise, i'm loving it and i'm open to tinkering with it even more.

The build of it is nice and hefty, doesn't feel oversized at all but still packs a whole bunch of awesome tech goodness to it. haven't noticed any slowdown.

I have no problem streaming tidal. It does have an issue identifying my 5Ghz wifi network (trying to figure out why, haven't had the time)

the ONLY gripe i have is that I would have to charge it every two days but out of fear of running out of juice, i charge it while im at work.

Conclusion : The Onkyo DP-X1 is incredible value for money. Personally I prefer it over the AK120II and even the AK240. It's been a really long time since i've been excited about some new tech in my audio chain and i'm excited about this guy. I would have no qualms recommending this to anyone.

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #18,673 of 36,065
  Finally, after a week upon receiving my onkyo i'm confident enough to share some impressions.

Glad to hear it. I'm about to order one to compliment the PG. The 5Ghz problem started with one of the software updates, I hope they will fix it soon. There's tons of info (and rubbish of course 
biggrin.gif
) on the dedicated thread.

@Gurashieruro Spiraldots for me! Best seal and comfort, have tried tons of tips, next best was Comply. Don't like the spinfits, narrow tube messes up the sound for me...

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #18,674 of 36,065

First off, Its being paired with my tried and trusted, 2 year old Noble Audio K10's and a brand new linum bax balanced cable.

i'm gonna keep it short cos i'm not very good with all the audio terms used, i L.O.V.E it.

I commute a lot to work and back home, a good 2 hours everyday and this thing has made them so lovely because.

The cable is DARN TOOTIN LIGHT, seems almost weightless and adds to the overall comfort. my ears don't feel weighed down. (Thanks sorensiim for the great recommendation)

Now, my last player was the ZX-1 and that thing is no slouch either BUT the onkyo trumps it in every department. Straight out of the box, I immediately notice a greater soundstage and there is a sense of quality to it.....i don't know how else to describe it except by calling it better resolution.

My tracks have been elevated and given more life, there is no fatigue, there is a top, middle and bottom and just an overall HOORAH about it. Soundwise, i'm loving it and i'm open to tinkering with it even more.

The build of it is nice and hefty, doesn't feel oversized at all but still packs a whole bunch of awesome tech goodness to it. haven't noticed any slowdown.

I have no problem streaming tidal. It does have an issue identifying my 5Ghz wifi network (trying to figure out why, haven't had the time)

the ONLY gripe i have is that I would have to charge it every two days but out of fear of running out of juice, i charge it while im at work.

Conclusion : The Onkyo DP-X1 is incredible value for money. Personally I prefer it over the AK120II and even the AK240. It's been a really long time since i've been excited about some new tech in my audio chain and i'm excited about this guy. I would have no qualms recommending this to anyone.

I have 2 of them

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 6, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #18,675 of 36,065
I wear glasses and thick cables or thin, none of them bother me. I haven't done as thin as the Linum though.

You should definitely try the Linum Music cable. It is the cheapest, thinnest, and to my ears, having tried both the BaX and the Vocal, the best sounding of the Linum line (at least with the K10 and the AK100ii). Given that we have 2/3rds of the same setup, I'd say give it a shot. 60 bucks or so on Amazon. Try it for 28 days, and if you don't like it, return it. I can't imagine there being a better combo lor long term listening than 100ii + Linum Music + K10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back