Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 9, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #17,881 of 36,040
Could anyone direct me to a photo or two of any of the K10SLAs somewhere please? Also, does the bluetooth module degrade the SQ at all and how is the latency on it..? I've done my ear impressions and ordered the bluetooth module but am undecided on whether to go for the SLAs or full on with a designed set 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #17,882 of 36,040
  Not to take anything from the K10, but HF rating are a joke. Take for example the 3 top rated on IEM / over hear and DAP.
You can see : K10, Titan, IE8 for IEM, HD650, HD600 and HD800 for over ear and Fiio X3II, X1 and X5I for DAP.
In best case, only 2 out of this 9 items would be legit.

The ratings indeed are a little strange, price makes a difference I am guessing. I read into them a little more by looking at the SQ bars etc. Even though the Savant is ahead of the Solar, if you look at the SQ bar it rates below the Solar. Maybe someone from the site can explain how everything adds up. In the end, reviews ratings etc should be a guide into looking at what to buy, not just the end all decision. I have a feeling the number of reviews also plays a big part on where they land on the scale.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #17,883 of 36,040
  Could anyone direct me to a photo or two of any of the K10SLAs somewhere please? Also, does the bluetooth module degrade the SQ at all and how is the latency on it..? I've done my ear impressions and ordered the bluetooth module but am undecided on whether to go for the SLAs or full on with a designed set 
tongue_smile.gif

If you are looking for a photo of them being worn, I dont know if any have been posted yet. As for what they look like, you can look at the Noble site, they show the 4 colors.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #17,884 of 36,040
Could anyone direct me to a photo or two of any of the K10SLAs somewhere please? Also, does the bluetooth module degrade the SQ at all and how is the latency on it..? I've done my ear impressions and ordered the bluetooth module but am undecided on whether to go for the SLAs or full on with a designed set :tongue_smile:

If I were to do it again I'd get the full custom route, but that's me. The SLA acrylic finish seems slightly dull compared to the hand poured acrylic and I really want a personalized design now. For a couple hundred more it seems worth it to me, YMMV. I've posted some pics of my SLA in this thread already so you can check the threads gallery. Here's a couple more angles...

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #17,887 of 36,040
If I were to do it again I'd get the full custom route, but that's me. The SLA acrylic finish seems slightly dull compared to the hand poured acrylic and I really want a personalized design now. For a couple hundred more it seems worth it to me, YMMV. I've posted some pics of my SLA in this thread already so you can check the threads gallery. Here's a couple more angles...

Thanks for your viewpoint and the pics. They're so tiny though would it actually make a difference what they look like.. They'll be in my ear most of the time 
smile_phones.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #17,888 of 36,040
Go check out what Rob Watts (founder of Chord) just wrote in the Mojo thread. It's unbelievable what he's doing for the audio industry.. Redefining the game.. That's why Chord's DAC's are so highly acclaimed, it's his own patented tuning and chips. He literally does the design and tuning from the ground up. Not borrowing any companies mainstream chips.

I've heard the Hugo and the Mojo. I'm not convinced. I suspect placebo and expectation bias. A lot of the "game changing" is apparently beyond audibility.

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #17,889 of 36,040
I've heard the Hugo and the Mojo. I'm not convinced. I suspect placebo and expectation bias. A lot of the "game changing" is apparently beyond audibility.

Interesting - I always thought cables and the like to be the placebo part of Head-Fi.

I suppose it depends what source you're coming from. For someone like me who uses my iPhone, the Mojo is a fairly good upgrade. Would you agree?

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #17,890 of 36,040
Interesting - I always thought cables and the like to be the placebo part of Head-Fi.

I suppose it depends what source you're coming from. For someone like me who uses my iPhone, the Mojo is a fairly good upgrade. Would you agree?

I use an iPhone 6S. I was on the Mojo site for a while and really wanted to believe. I heard the Mojo at a show. I was switching between the phone HO and the Mojo with CCK. At one point I definitely thought one sounded better. Then realised that I had got confused and was listening to the phone HO!!!

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #17,891 of 36,040
I use an iPhone 6S. I was on the Mojo site for a while and really wanted to believe. I heard the Mojo at a show. I was switching between the phone HO and the Mojo with CCK. At one point I definitely thought one sounded better. Then realised that I had got confused and was listening to the phone HO!!!

Wow - then I suppose if you don't notice the difference then why bother, right?

I'm coming from an iPhone 5S, maybe the difference is there?

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #17,893 of 36,040
Wow - then I suppose if you don't notice the difference then why bother, right?

I'm coming from an iPhone 5S, maybe the difference is there?

I have the 5S also and hear no difference from the 6S. Maybe I have tin ears?!
If the Mojo floats your boat then happy days. I don't think it is "night and day"or "awesome " though. :)

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #17,894 of 36,040
I have the 5S also and hear no difference from the 6S. Maybe I have tin ears?!
If the Mojo floats your boat then happy days. I don't think it is "night and day"or "awesome " though.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can understand where you're coming from - I've trained myself to pay more attention to details.. I think that as you enjoy this hobby you learn to look for more details in music.. It's all about deciphering.. Look at wine tasting: would I notice a difference? No... Would a wine critic, yes.. Are either of us right or wrong... No.

You get my point.

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #17,895 of 36,040
I can understand where you're coming from - I've trained myself to pay more attention to details.. I think that as you enjoy this hobby you learn to look for more details in music.. It's all about deciphering.. Look at wine tasting: would I notice a difference? No... Would a wine critic, yes.. Are either of us right or wrong... No.

You get my point.

Sure. I reckon I would put my money into a DAP with decent DSP if I want a change from Apple.
I am nearly 60 and have Tinnitus so I am fully prepared to accept that it is my hearing that is faulty rather than the Mojo. My hearing is good enough to appreciate the K10's though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back