Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 14, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #16,156 of 36,134
Any idea where Noble ships their K10 Wizard CIEMS from? During the 6-8 weeks time frame I'm in Bangkok and might be able to pick them up there if it's in the "neighbourhood".

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #16,158 of 36,134
Chengdu, China, iirc

Thats where mine came from. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #16,159 of 36,134
Trying to decide between 6c and 8c.

I had opportunity to hear 8c and the sound was amazing I really love them. One thing i noticed maybe on rock music they sounded little to much on high pitch but maybe that is just me.

I had no opportunity to listen 6c at all, I was wondering if someone can give me some insight and if i should try to convince wife to spend that extra coin.

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #16,160 of 36,134
Nov 15, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #16,161 of 36,134

How do you like the cable with the K10? Any improvements to the sound?

Too early to say but there are improvements .. There is better stereo seperation because of TRRS , the highs seem smoother now and overall vocals seem to get back the natural tone i was initially missing .. But it is too early as i got K10s 2 days ago and still getting used to the sound. I can definitely feel the difference over the stock cable ( Again my opinion, some people don't believe in cable improving sound but i can tell the difference and i don't want to start a debate :)

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #16,162 of 36,134
  Trying to decide between 6c and 8c.

I had opportunity to hear 8c and the sound was amazing I really love them. One thing i noticed maybe on rock music they sounded little to much on high pitch but maybe that is just me.

I had no opportunity to listen 6c at all, I was wondering if someone can give me some insight and if i should try to convince wife to spend that extra coin.

I haven't had the chance to listen to the 8's, but I really like the 6's, even when the K10's are my everyday CIEMs. If you didn't like the highs on the 8's the 6's would likely be a good choice as they describe the 8's as having "a slight increase in high frequency response". Can't go wrong either way thought IMHO. Cheers 

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #16,163 of 36,134
i don't want to start a debate :)

Sorry pal. Ya got one! :wink: There has been too much talk on here recently of cables for me to resist any longer.
IMO the only way to know for sure that differences heard between cables, ruling out imagination,would be a blind test.
Very difficult to arrange with headphone cables in particular.
So we are left with swapping between cables. Far from satisfactory as audio memory is so short.
Bearing in mind that there is NO scientific evidence for improvement.
Even components stuffed full of electronics such as amps and even source make only subtle differences.
A piece of wire???
All this reminds me of Homeopathy.
Another truck load of BS. That has been firmly discredited by science many times over and yet still people cling to belief.
Life and indeed the K10 are amazing enough without buying into this kind of malarkey.
All IMHO. Flame suit on!

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #16,165 of 36,134
Sorry pal. Ya got one!
wink.gif
There has been too much talk on here recently of cables for me to resist any longer.
IMO the only way to know for sure that differences heard between cables, ruling out imagination,would be a blind test.
So we are left with swapping between cables. Far from satisfactory as audio memory is so short.
Even components stuffed full of electronics such as amps and even source make only subtle differences.
A piece of wire???
Another truck load of BS. That has been firmly discredited by science many times over and yet still people cling to belief.
Life and indeed the K10 are amazing enough without buying into this kind of malarkey.
All IMHO. Flame suit on!

That flame suit very be thick! LoL!

To my ears, it does make a difference with my JH 16s. I got a whiplash cable for them and the sounds was more detailed and better separation. I'm waiting for the DHC SP and expect greater detail but we'll see!

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #16,168 of 36,134
John, when are you going to start selling those wrist bands in various sizes? T-shirts have sizes, the jewelry should also, not everyone wears the same size bracelets. I mean we already have a youtube video explaining how useless those bracelets are, but you as a company have done nothing to remedy the issue, we are outraged.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #16,170 of 36,134
Sorry pal. Ya got one! :wink: There has been too much talk on here recently of cables for me to resist any longer.
A piece of wire???
All IMHO. Flame suit on!

Well, does that hold only for different cables or also trs vs trrs ?

Because he was mentioning a trrs cable, for me the trrs cable add to soundstage, instrument seperation and also give asense of air around instruments, it will still be debatable since yes the audio memory is short, but i felt this too and alot of people find the same with trrs cables with a balanced dap..

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back