Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #15,662 of 36,067
Looking forward to it as its one week after payday. Not sure what I'll pick up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaiser 10? Just as good a time as any to pick up one of the best around. Even better if there's a discount on them. We'll just have to wait and see. 
smile.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #15,663 of 36,067

Reading some of these posts reminds me of the T-1000 in Terminator 2. I wonder if some day liquid metal custom iems could be a thing. Or could it be a plot for a new Terminator movie.

Of course the clear risk with any "Terminator liquid metal" CIEMs would be that if you were to write a bad review of them they would take you out by turning into spikes and pushing into  your brain...

basshead.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #15,664 of 36,067
  Out of curiousity, does anyone here have the Geek Pulse, using with their IEM? It is so hard to get information from the web, and those mini-reviews are polar (very good and very bad). 

Yep! Have the Geek Pulse Infinity and use it with my K10's when I'm in the mood and/or when my LCD-3F's are too loud for those around me. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #15,667 of 36,067
Had an accident last week.

K10s were in my bag on the floor and I fell and stepped on my bag. Cracked the shell on the right earpiece, now it's in pieces. Unusable :frowning2:

Never ever will I forgo a hard case for a soft one haha Lesson learnt!

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #15,668 of 36,067
  Had an accident last week.

K10s were in my bag on the floor and I fell and stepped on my bag. Cracked the shell on the right earpiece, now it's in pieces. Unusable :frowning2:

Never ever will I forgo a hard case for a soft one haha Lesson learnt!

So sorry to hear about that! Shall we have a moment of silence for them? 

But more seriously I'm sure John and Sunny can get them working for you again. I assume you've contacted them already?

Good luck with your repairs!

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #15,669 of 36,067
  Oh, any review to offer? I heard it sounded bright, and wouldn't work properly without their LPS.

Well I have the LPS4 with it, and also have an Uptone Regen in line right before the Infinity as well, so it's a bit tweaked. 

Given all that, even before the tweaks the Infinity was great. I definitely would recommend adding an LPS, either LHL's or others, as it helps quite a bit. It's not that the Pulse won't work without the LPS, it's just helps with the resolution/smoothness/musicality and lowers the noise floor. The Regen was much more incremental. 

The Infinity doesn't sound "bright" at all to me, it's a great DAC/amp. I'm looking forward to pairing it with my upcoming Cavalli Liquid Carbon, using the Pulse as only a DAC. Nothing against the LHL amp section, it's just that Alex has a certain magic he spins with his amps. 

Also I really like the Geek Out V2+ Infinity. It's very close in performance to the desktop Geek Pulse Infinity, but for much less money. Check it out when it comes back to market here (hopefully) in a few weeks. Pairs great with the K10's, especially in balanced. 

Also rumor has it that the new firmware upgrade to the higher-level Pulses will support native DSD256 - sweet. 

Cheers 

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #15,671 of 36,067
  I've had such a bad experience with LH Labs (I'm one of the idiots who backed Geek Wave from the getgo and got a Geek Verb too!) I will not buy anything from them ever again.

Yeah, I hear you. In my mind I've separated the LHL marketing issues/product delays and the actual SQ of their products. Love the SQ and capabilities of the gear, but don't love the other stuff that pissed so many people off. Anyway, I understand that others can't make this split and choose to just wash their hands of the whole thing, but they are also missing out on some sweet music. 

Now back to Noble! 

Cheers 

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #15,672 of 36,067
Suggestion to Noble - Is there a way you guys can provide progress status of CIEM build like the way 64 Audio or even Westone does. There is a clear track of progress from impressions received, mold done, CIEM build, Polishing, QA and then Shipping. Since the build time is really long this will placate more people ( Me in general). I received an email today from Noble Oct 21 for impression received Sep 28th and asking me to verify order (Believe there was no earlier email that may have lost in Junk box or such.) .. That is after 4 weeks i sent the impressions .. Is that normal. I shipped it to CA and it arrived on Sep 21.  So now i am confused on the whole 6-8 weeks build time .. when does it start .. Once the impressions arrive at CA, or in China or whenever they decide it is .. I am sincerely hoping i will receive my CIEMS in next couple of weeks as i am heading out for a trip and was planning to use K10s. 

PS : I once ordered PICO slim from Headamp and it took Justin about 4 mons to deliver but each month i would get status on the build and queue. So it is not a question of waiting for a boutique product. The only other place where you don't get status is Double Helix cable.. I am about 12 weeks out and still not clear where it is in build .  

Bit frustrating when you are investing about $1600 on a product and you need to hunt for status .. 

Thanks
PC

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #15,673 of 36,067
Suggestion to Noble - Is there a way you guys can provide progress status of CIEM build like the way 64 Audio or even Westone does. There is a clear track of progress from impressions received, mold done, CIEM build, Polishing, QA and then Shipping. Since the build time is really long this will placate more people ( Me in general). I received an email today from Noble Oct 21 for impression received Sep 28th and asking me to verify order (Believe there was no earlier email that may have lost in Junk box or such.) .. That is after 4 weeks i sent the impressions .. Is that normal. I shipped it to CA and it arrived on Sep 21.  So now i am confused on the whole 6-8 weeks build time .. when does it start .. Once the impressions arrive at CA, or in China or whenever they decide it is .. I am sincerely hoping i will receive my CIEMS in next couple of weeks as i am heading out for a trip and was planning to use K10s. 

PS : I once ordered PICO slim from Headamp and it took Justin about 4 mons to deliver but each month i would get status on the build and queue. So it is not a question of waiting for a boutique product. The only other place where you don't get status is Double Helix cable.. I am about 12 weeks out and still not clear where it is in build .  

Bit frustrating when you are investing about $1600 on a product and you need to hunt for status .. 

Thanks
PC

Feel free to review the FAQ section of the Noble Website for your answers.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 21, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #15,674 of 36,067
Feel free to review the FAQ section of the Noble Website for your answers.

Thanks I just did that now (Very detailed FAQ section BTW), but still question remains.. The lab received them sep 28th I received email for order confirmation today oct 21.. So for about 3+ weeks nothing happened? Based on your FAQ clock starts sep 28th.. My hopes of getting them early November for my trip are diminishing., bummer :frowning2:

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #15,675 of 36,067
Thanks I just did that now (Very detailed FAQ section BTW), but still question remains.. The lab received them sep 28th I received email for order confirmation today oct 21.. So for about 3+ weeks nothing happened? Based on your FAQ clock starts sep 28th.. My hopes of getting them early November for my trip are diminishing., bummer
frown.gif

The FAQ's are pretty clear. The estimated build-time is 6-8 weeks (30-40 business days) after they receive the impressions. If your impressions arrived on 9/28, the CIEMs should be done somewhere between 11/9-11/23. This should have been clear from the start, so no sure how your arrival expectations are now diminishing? 

And regarding 3+ weeks of nothing happening, they've been waiting in the queue. The build time of the CIEMs isn't 6-8 weeks of active build, it takes a while to work through the queue of orders they get from around the world. 

If you really want to make sure you have them in time for your trip there is always the ability to side-step the majority of the queue by requesting (and paying $$$ for) rush delivery, which takes the build time down to 6-8 days. 

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back